I should have tested Elementalist before.

Nashkar.6071

This is an appreciation post about this wonderful class that is the Elementalist in Guild Wars 2.During my last decade of MMORPG carrier I never played any Mage type class whatsoever. Playing a grown man with a dress casting long ass spells never appealed to me.With this mindset I do not even bothered to test the Elementalist in Guild Wars 2. I saw the basic Mage archetype and that was enough to discourage me.After a long GW2 break, I wanted a fresh experience and finally created an Elementalist.Oh boy. If I knew what this class was mean to be, I would I mained her since the beginning. I'm feeling like Aang in Avatar. A truhfull master of the fourth elements. And i'm LOVING IT.Having the choice to play with dagger, scepter or sword while having access to fourth elements. That's just perfect. That's the type of Mage i want to see.Their is something i think about often. How can you play another Mage type class after having played the Elementalist in GW2 ?Cheers to all the Elementalist main outhere !

@"Nashkar.6071" said:This is an appreciation post about this wonderful class that is the Elementalist in Guild Wars 2.During my last decade of MMORPG carrier I never played any Mage type class whatsoever. Playing a grown man with a dress casting long kitten spells never appealed to me.With this mindset I do not even bothered to test the Elementalist in Guild Wars 2. I saw the basic Mage archetype and that was enough to discourage me.After a long GW2 break, I wanted a fresh experience and finally created an Elementalist.Oh boy. If I knew what this class was mean to be, I would I mained her since the beginning. I'm feeling like Aang in Avatar. A truhfull master of the fourth elements. And i'm LOVING IT.Having the choice to play with dagger, scepter or sword while having access to fourth elements. That's just perfect. That's the type of Mage i want to see.Their is something i think about often. How can you play another Mage type class after having played the Elementalist in GW2 ?Cheers to all the Elementalist main outhere !

I suggest you look into Mesmer too, with swords. It may also be to your liking.In most games, Mages are a hybrid of Elementalist and Mesmer.Elementalist is on the "unleash the elements" side, while Mesmer is more time/space/illusion/enchantment side.

@Nashkar.6071 said:This is an appreciation post about this wonderful class that is the Elementalist in Guild Wars 2.During my last decade of MMORPG carrier I never played any Mage type class whatsoever. Playing a grown man with a dress casting long kitten spells never appealed to me.With this mindset I do not even bothered to test the Elementalist in Guild Wars 2. I saw the basic Mage archetype and that was enough to discourage me.After a long GW2 break, I wanted a fresh experience and finally created an Elementalist.Oh boy. If I knew what this class was mean to be, I would I mained her since the beginning. I'm feeling like Aang in Avatar. A truhfull master of the fourth elements. And i'm LOVING IT.Having the choice to play with dagger, scepter or sword while having access to fourth elements. That's just perfect. That's the type of Mage i want to see.Their is something i think about often. How can you play another Mage type class after having played the Elementalist in GW2 ?Cheers to all the Elementalist main outhere !

....Just don't leave PvE and you will be fine otherwise you'll find out the truth...

Mage class?...I wish ...we all wish GW2 elementalist was an actual mage...personally if I could I'd take back all the time/money investment on this class, wasted 9k+ hrs on top of thousand gold used for crafting mastery, legendary armor etc etc

Your game..your choices but....I warmly recommend you to leave this class , GW2 is not a game where effort=reward on the contrary....

I feel exactly the same way! Ele is a really unique take on the wizard archetype. It's pretty tricky to get used to, though. So, I've twice now walked away from the class only to pick it up later and learn to love it!

I thought weaver felt really awkward at first, but now I think it has by far the best feel of any class I've played. It doesn't hurt that I do really well with it in everything I like to do in this game either!

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:GW2 Ele is certainly far different than the typical archetype spell slinger in other games/stories, but in a good way.

I totally disagree. Elementalist was my first main when it launched. After I leveled her to 80, I played her for almost a year before I switch to Ranger and then Thief. After playing this two classes for anothe 6 months, I regretted wasting a full year on my Ele.

OP is new to Ele so I am not surprise that he likes the profession. I like Ele too when I first started out. Play actively for another six months and you then you will truly find out if Ele is suitable for you. Now my Ele is played solely as a healer.

In less than a year after launched many, and I really mean MANY, of my friends left GW2 for other MMO because to them, they prefer to play specified master professions, like dpser, tanker, healer, summoner and not like GW2, Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

@Mil.3562 said:

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:GW2 Ele is certainly far different than the typical archetype spell slinger in other games/stories, but in a good way.

I totally disagree. Elementalist was my first main when it launched. After I leveled her to 80, I played her for almost a year before I switch to Ranger and then Thief. After playing this two classes for anothe 6 months, I regretted wasting a full year on my Ele.

OP is new to Ele so I am not surprise that he likes the profession. I like Ele too when I first started out. Play actively for another six months and you then you will truly find out if Ele is suitable for you. Now my Ele is played solely as a healer.

In less than a year after launched many, and I really mean MANY, of my friends left GW2 for other MMO because to them, they prefer to play specified master professions, like dpser, tanker, healer, summoner and not like GW2, Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

Sooooo, why exactly do you disagree with my opinion? I didn’t really catch it.

And honestly with the leaving thing, that happens with all games. That’s not solely a gw2 thing.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

Sooooo, why exactly do you disagree with my opinion? I didn’t really catch it.

And honestly with the leaving thing, that happens with all games. That’s not solely a gw2 thing.

I'm going to guess these guys are into raiding because that's the only thing I don't really do and ele seems pretty excellent to me everywhere else.

I also don't understand the complaints about effort. Yeah, it takes more to get the hang of than most other classes and there are more buttons to push, but if that's a bad thing for you then it probably just isn't the class for you?

Its all fun and games for any class till you start to max and min and you realize that your still an ele player. The class is very fun maybe to fun its hard to move on to any other class at the point of the game where you need to as you start getting out max min by other classes.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@"Nashkar.6071" said:This is an appreciation post about this wonderful class that is the Elementalist in Guild Wars 2.During my last decade of MMORPG carrier I never played any Mage type class whatsoever. Playing a grown man with a dress casting long kitten spells never appealed to me.With this mindset I do not even bothered to test the Elementalist in Guild Wars 2. I saw the basic Mage archetype and that was enough to discourage me.After a long GW2 break, I wanted a fresh experience and finally created an Elementalist.Oh boy. If I knew what this class was mean to be, I would I mained her since the beginning. I'm feeling like Aang in Avatar. A truhfull master of the fourth elements. And i'm LOVING IT.Having the choice to play with dagger, scepter or sword while having access to fourth elements. That's just perfect. That's the type of Mage i want to see.Their is something i think about often. How can you play another Mage type class after having played the Elementalist in GW2 ?Cheers to all the Elementalist main outhere !

I suggest you look into Mesmer too, with swords. It may also be to your liking.In most games, Mages are a hybrid of Elementalist and Mesmer.Elementalist is on the "unleash the elements" side, while Mesmer is more time/space/illusion/enchantment side.

You just sold me mesmer. I'm gonna boost one with my remaining lvl up scrolls.

Yeah, I'm normally the paladin/templar/knight sort of character in MMO's with my most avoided class being mages/wizards. This is the only game where I actually enjoy this archetype. I enjoy the explosions/flashy skills while wielding all the elements, but still being a frontline combatant if you choose.

I started as a guardian main here, quit after they announced dragon hunter in HoT (was very disappointed with that announcement) and came back as a ranger main for druid. Then they nerfed druid... Over and over and over again. So I feel lost once again, in the mean time though I am enjoying my ele. I'm hoping with the release of the upcoming elite specs that I can find my enjoyment in my main again.

@Jski.6180 said:Its all fun and games for any class till you start to max and min and you realize that your still an ele player. The class is very fun maybe to fun its hard to move on to any other class at the point of the game where you need to as you start getting out max min by other classes.

I still don't understand this complaint. Are you playing only core ele? Tempest and weaver are both fine and appear to have effective builds in every game mode.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:Its all fun and games for any class till you start to max and min and you realize that your still an ele player. The class is very fun maybe to fun its hard to move on to any other class at the point of the game where you need to as you start getting out max min by other classes.

I still don't understand this complaint. Are you playing only core ele? Tempest and weaver are both fine and appear to have effective builds in every game mode.

I wish i could play only core ele. Tempest is very much pigeon hole into support only most of the time but it lacks massive boons that are a must for support so you always feel like your doing less then other supports and weaver plays very different then ele core and lose a lot of fun in doing so. Max min part of the game the "end game" ele simply lacks too much to ever make up for what other classes can pull off.

As long as ele tempest and weaver lack strong support boons or even self support boons its always going to be lacking. As long as its dmg is only physical with no unblockable effects or even strong condi effects (on one hit and with more then 2 condi dmg effects) ele dmg is lacking. Ele is mages is name only its not a real magic users its a physical attk class who has animation of magic. Think of ele more like a ranger for an archetype. Oddly ranger and wars are more mage like in gw2.

• 1 month later...

@Jski.6180 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Its all fun and games for any class till you start to max and min and you realize that your still an ele player. The class is very fun maybe to fun its hard to move on to any other class at the point of the game where you need to as you start getting out max min by other classes.

I wish i could play only core ele. Tempest is very much pigeon hole into support only most of the time but it lacks massive boons that are a must for support so you always feel like your doing less then other supports and weaver plays very different then ele core and lose a lot of fun in doing so. Max min part of the game the "end game" ele simply lacks too much to ever make up for what other classes can pull off.

As long as ele tempest and weaver lack strong support boons or even self support boons its always going to be lacking. As long as its dmg is only physical with no unblockable effects or even strong condi effects (on one hit and with more then 2 condi dmg effects) ele dmg is lacking. Ele is mages is name only its not a real magic users its a physical attk class who has animation of magic. Think of ele more like a ranger for an archetype. Oddly ranger and wars are more mage like in gw2.

It may be in a bad state now but it was not before and people are acting like they invested years and did not enjoy it during the times it ele was in a much better state lol you guys know a class always ends up in the dust for a while, its eles turn they will rise again relax.

@Ryou.2398 said:

It may be in a bad state now but it was not before and people are acting like they invested years and did not enjoy it during the times it ele was in a much better state lol you guys know a class always ends up in the dust for a while, its eles turn they will rise again relax.

Yeah at least we have it better than thief mains. Their class has been in the dust for years and keeps getting set on fire for some reason

@skunkstank.6128 said:

Yeah at least we have it better than thief mains. Their class has been in the dust for years and keeps getting set on fire for some reason

Thief is suffering from what is called a cursed design problem.

It's cursed because it can't be solved.