Should Anet make super adventure box an all year round event.

MarkoNS.3261

i have been playing this game from the start, and have pretty much done everything, now i just log in to do fractals and dailies and raids. however when sab was out i really liked that i could help other players on tribulation mode i could speed run trib mode while getting cloud tokens for decorations it was alot of fun for me, the issue is they make it less then a month and then the other time i just miss this game mode. so what do you think would it be cool for them to make it all year round activity ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

It's unlikely that we'll see much, if any, new content for SAB in GW2. The main thing that makes it special is how limited our access to it is.

If it's there all the time, it becomes just another zone. An odd zone, but still something you tend to forget about because it has become a 'normal' part of the world.

It's festival content, not year round content. Given that (a) lots of people don't enjoy it in the first place & (b) many of those who do feel burnt out by the end of the 2nd week, I don't think that there's all that much benefit to extending the duration. If you really like console-style gaming, there are other games that do an even better job of SAB-style gameplay.

SAB is one of the best solo/group experiences in any mmo. It's far more than just an "event." Should all the other minigames be once a year only? Dungeons? Fractals? Raids?

I know the reasons it isn't year round (engine changes break it, they don't want to have to upkeep it all the time), but if they could get past that, it absolutely should be available all year. It's annual event can always have exclusive rewards and achievements only available during the event, but let me play whenever I feel like it, not just log in in april and try to grind it before it leaves, thus burning out on it. They've already given up on W3 and W4, so they could always have something else for april and just open the box.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Think about what it would be like if they made all of the other festivals year round.

I think you mean all the other dungeons, fractals, and minigames? I am quite happy those are around all year long.

@TexZero.7910 said:

One is literally a festival.

So were fractals, when the first showed up a few months before SAB. All the other festivals are typical "mmo holiday" style events. SAB is "literally" a dungeon. A unique dungeon that has little in common with other festivals. It has far more in common with fractals than it does with halloween or wintersday, it's even far longer and more involved than any other dungeon in the game. It is only an annual festival because the devs have specifically said it would be too hard to maintain throughout the year when every engine change breaks it's unique mechanics.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:so what do you think would it be cool for them to make it all year round activity ?

You will get the same overwhelmly negative response just by asking if it should even return in april. There has always been an extremely vocal group against it in every way.

That's why there will never be W3 or W4.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:i see no negative sides to this and its a good distraction from being bored in gw2, you should never want your players to get bored in your game.

Ill leave my personal bias of pure hatred for sab out of this, but theres a real counterargument to your comment.Something that is on all the time, requires constant maintenance. That, and some people dislike SAB, and the people who love it will only play for a but until they realized you can only repeat the same level over and over without getting bored. Its like if there were only 3 fractals

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:i see no negative sides to this and its a good distraction from being bored in gw2, you should never want your players to get bored in your game.

Ill leave my personal bias of pure hatred for sab out of this, but theres a real counterargument to your comment.Something that is on all the time, requires constant maintenance. That, and some people dislike SAB, and the people who love it will only play for a but until they realized you can only repeat the same level over and over without getting bored. Its like if there were only 3 fractals

Cannot edit comments for some reason, is it bugged?Anyway, if gw2 bores you, it might be a good idea to do something else while waiting for the next patch. I heard cuphead is quite entertaining

@Monkey Fritz.9052 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

So were fractals, when the first showed up a few months before SAB. All the other festivals are typical "mmo holiday" style events. SAB is "literally" a dungeon. A unique dungeon that has little in common with other festivals. It has far more in common with fractals than it does with halloween or wintersday, it's even far longer and more involved than any other dungeon in the game. It is only an annual festival because the devs have specifically said it would be too hard to maintain throughout the year when every engine change breaks it's unique mechanics.

No, not really.

Fractals were not introduced as a festival. They were introduced as long term, 5-person challenging, instanced content. As with a lot of things, ANet started many projects and so too often didn't have time to continue all of them. In contrast, SAB was introduced as a joke, an April Fool's, not even as a festival. They brought it back as a festival due to popular demand. I can't remember them ever saying they ever considered making it permanent content. (They did, however, say that the delay in re-releasing it as a festival was due to how much of the game had changed.)

More recently, they made some changes to isolate SAB from some of the game's other mechanics so that it wouldn't be so hard to maintain. Otherwise, it wouldn't even qualify for them as a festival — the idea with festivals, for ANet, is that they can offer something different as a distraction, without having to do more work each year, thus giving them time to work on other stuff. Having to retrofit SAB every year to fit into the game's mechanics would make it too costly to offer as a festival.

I never thought it should have been ingame at all, and the lore retcon is horribad. I guess people don't get April Fools pranks, as there were also those who begged that GW1 April Fools commando should be a profession as well. Guess I'm happy they never did the Stick Figure prank here...otherwise people would be begging for that as a new playable race.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:By the six, its terrible enough this artition of content even exists. I would pay anwt to stop wasting resources and spend the recources on actual festive content.Sab gliders, capture sounds in wvw, i feel a stab in my soul every time someone sells their soul to sab

i guess you dont like eles that spam sab warhorn either ;)

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Cannot edit comments for some reason, is it bugged?Anyway, if gw2 bores you, it might be a good idea to do something else while waiting for the next patch. I heard cuphead is quite entertaining

yeah but thats the problem isnt it a game should not make you bored, even a mmorpg hell if they gave us something new like pet battles i could go waste time on that.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

yeah but thats the problem isnt it a game should not make you bored, even a mmorpg hell if they gave us something new like pet battles i could go waste time on that.

Agreed, disable SAB permanently, use the resources to make Polymock instead

@Monkey Fritz.9052 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

I don't know where you pulled the misinformation of fractals being a festival from but that's just wrong. They were never designed as such.

@Kreejaffa.3682 said:I am in total agreement with others, in that having SAB be a seasonal thing makes it more special.

If it is available all the time, it will lose some of it's magic. I think once a year, maybe twice, is a good dose of it. It's more of a reward that way.

Yeah, twice a year would be a fine enough pace. It was originally April 1 content, which is fine because of the theme. Then it was spun for that dry time around September as "Back to School", which fits the titles. It also got the normalized festival treatment (separate dailies feeding a repeatable daily for skin rewards), so it has a bit of longevity.And while I doubt we'll ever see World 3 or World 4, I hope one year we will.Not to say I'm a super-fan or even a fan, but it's content that a subset of the players love to death and others can poke around in when it happens. Which probably makes them still more accessible than raids. :P

Archived