Should Anet make super adventure box an all year round event.

MarkoNS.3261

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was talk in another thread that cities other than LA (and DR) should have some form of festivals or seasonal events. Now, I don't know if SAB is a good example of that (I personally find it to goofy for my taste) but at least it is something that is unique to Rata Sum.

And why is there no "I don't really care (here is why)"-option?

I like SAB and I´m hopping to can play it again, but I also agree that making it full free could reduce its enchant.

Perhaps I would be happpy if it comes with more frequency (once per seasno?) or that there were freely access to it at April, but for the rest of the year, players must buy coins to can enter in the world, and if they die or go out, they have to re-buy the coins or such.

However, what I really expect and wish is that there come the new content for the SAB 2018. .

5 years in...yeah they should. had they been doing traditional boxed expansions like they did with GW1, I would say no, but so much of their content is temporary, it'd be nice to get some of that temporary content turned into permanent.

It's so depressing to think of all the things that were awesome in this game we'll NEVER get to play or see again.

@Ameepa.6793 said:

It works much better as a seasonal thing and stays more fun that way. Imagine if for example Wintersday or Halloween was up all year, would it stay fun?

It would stay fun, yes. That's not the point IMO.

Imagine if your favourite things to do in GW2 were up all year (which they probably are), would they stay fun? Maybe they should be limited to one month a year so that you would enjoy them more. /sarcasm

@Dashiva.6149 said:There was talk in another thread that cities other than LA (and DR) should have some form of festivals or seasonal events. Now, I don't know if SAB is a good example of that (I personally find it to goofy for my taste) but at least it is something that is unique to Rata Sum.

And why is there no "I don't really care (here is why)"-option?

i didnt think of that response, yes no maybe seems to fit.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:By the six, its terrible enough this artition of content even exists. I would pay anwt to stop wasting resources and spend the recources on actual festive content.Sab gliders, capture sounds in wvw, i feel a stab in my soul every time someone sells their soul to sab

And this right here is why I have my glider, mini princess mia, both infusions, all my weapons skinned, and never fail to play one of my boomboxes every moment I get the chance to. Just because one is crap at jumping does not mean one should hate upon those, who can actually play :)

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:By the six, its terrible enough this artition of content even exists. I would pay anwt to stop wasting resources and spend the recources on actual festive content.Sab gliders, capture sounds in wvw, i feel a stab in my soul every time someone sells their soul to sab

And this right here is why I have my glider, mini princess mia, both infusions, all my weapons skinned, and never fail to play one of my boomboxes every moment I get the chance to. Just because one is crap at jumping does not mean one should hate upon those, who can actually play :)

Or have zero artistic taste.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:well i didnt think this many people would say no honestly, maybe they could add it to gemstore as a personal unlockable so you can enter sab from your home instance for example.

You realize that it costs them the same resources whether it's available to everyone or just a few people, and they couldn't possibly charge enough gems to hire the staff to maintain it year-round. Especially since many SAB fans prefer it as a festival.

Of course, you're welcome to suggest the idea (even though others have done so before you). That doesn't mean it's feasible or likely.

While I would agree to a way to access it all year round, there has to be a difference that makes the SAB festival unique.

For example, all year round there would be less bauble drops, no coin drops, and no tradable drops whatsoever.There would not be daily achievements, no ascended or infusion drops, and the kaiser and so the crimson skin sets would be exclusive to the festival.I would go as far as requiring the Infinite Coin to access it all year round.

So it'd be just a way to let people go for the achievements and complete the tribulation skin sets, mostly for those with less time during the festival, since it doesn't necessarily happen during a time when people may have more vacations and free time like wintersday or halloween.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:well i didnt think this many people would say no honestly, maybe they could add it to gemstore as a personal unlockable so you can enter sab from your home instance for example.

Then still no, because a lot of the arguments also boil towards "wasted resources". A festival that's 24/7 accessible requires equal maintenance

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

I can jump. I got all sab achievements except finishing all collections.My spite for SAB stems from the hamfisted attempt at parodying 8Bit adventures. I hate the designs musics and sounds associated with SAB.Don't get me wrong, I'm all for platformer content, i love the clocktower and many jumping puzzles. It's just the SAB that makes me think "what did we do to deserve this attrition to exist"

I easily burnt through all the achieves for skins / rewards in the 3 week period it was up last time. The only things I missed was getting full Crimson Assassin set because that's daily gated and impossible, but will give me something to work on next year. I was pretty burned out by the end of it and happy for the festival to end. I am still looking forward to next year though because of the break.

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Or perhaps you are not very welcoming of minis that role play as something other than their biologically assigned gender?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

I can jump. I got
all
sab achievements except finishing all collections.My spite for SAB stems from the hamfisted attempt at parodying 8Bit adventures. I hate the designs musics and sounds associated with SAB.Don't get me wrong, I'm all for platformer content, i love the clocktower and many jumping puzzles. It's just the SAB that makes me think "what did we do to deserve this attrition to exist"

So you are saying that you have all of the achievements, except the ones that require real skill to get? Alright, buddy :)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

You realize that it costs them the same resources whether it's available to everyone or just a few people, and they couldn't possibly charge enough gems to hire the staff to maintain it year-round. Especially since many SAB fans prefer it as a festival.

Of course, you're welcome to suggest the idea (even though others have done so before you). That doesn't mean it's feasible or likely.

what is there to maintain, as far as i understand one of the devs "fixed" the game system so it can be played last summer so its done unless im missing something.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

I can jump. I got
all
sab achievements except finishing all collections.My spite for SAB stems from the hamfisted attempt at parodying 8Bit adventures. I hate the designs musics and sounds associated with SAB.Don't get me wrong, I'm all for platformer content, i love the clocktower and many jumping puzzles. It's just the SAB that makes me think "what did we do to deserve this attrition to exist"

So you are saying that you have all of the achievements, except the ones that require real skill to get? Alright, buddy :)

If you were any more condescending i might have to ask the Mad King to go look for that bar you’ve passed.I meant i got all achievements that aren’t “complete this exact same instance 100 times”, nothing skill about endlessly repeating something you hate. The only thing that makes sab bearable is being allowed to turn off all sounds

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Or perhaps you are not very welcoming of minis that role play as something other than their biologically assigned gender?

I have no clue what you are on about. I don't do SAB and all I know about the "lewt" is that it is obnoxious, loud, does not fit into the game world and is an eyesore homage to an ancient 8 bit game I also never played.If that translates as Transphobic to you, well, good day. Didn't see this one coming.

Archived