[PvP] Grace of the Lands

PaRaPhReNiA.8763

@Loboling.5293 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:you don't need it to hit 25 might and ancient seeds is much better

Do share your insight on how to obtain consistent 25 might stacks? It appears to be eluding me

You can do it with strength of the pack and we heal as one.

you can reach 25 might any number of ways. but it's only really useful if you can get 25 might everytime you "burst" or if you can get 25 might very often (hence: consistently)now i shouldn't really need to say this, but ranger has never been about burst, let alone readily available burst to make use of "max-might peaks". and this is why, if you invest anything into might, you need to look for consistency (edit: strength of the pack + whao is not consistent).

I REALLY LIKE THIS CHANGE =D

Maybe its not great for you PvErs out there but hooooooollllyyy shit its good. 25 might for the team and I still get "ancient seeds" from Jacaranda.

My only issue is that I wish Jacaranda was a ranged pet instead of a melee one. It's not tanky and all of its abilities are ranged... so the reason why the autoattack is melee eludes me.

@shadowpass.4236 said:I REALLY LIKE THIS CHANGE =D

Maybe its not great for you PvErs out there but hooooooollllyyy kitten its good. 25 might for the team and I still get "ancient seeds" from Jacaranda.

My only issue is that I wish Jacaranda was a ranged pet instead of a melee one. It's not tanky and all of its abilities are ranged... so the reason why the autoattack is melee eludes me.

It's really good in PvE too. And WvW.

Really it's just an all around welcomed change lol.

Agreed about the Jacaranda though :/

Question time, since tonight is the first night I'll be able to play since the patch; what do you @shadowpass.4236 and you @Pvt Frosty.6973 think about the overall build setup given this change?

Back to shouts and NM/BM, a WS/BM setup, or is the WS/NM powerful without it?

Granted I'm sure there's multiple builds that are and could be viable so I guess I'll narrow it down; factoring in either a staff sword/x or staff/lb setup.

I'm kinda lost on how you guys would apply GoTL to your pvp builds - I feel that you don't benefit from it too much as an individual because the stacks just fall off. I'm an idiot though and any sort of l2play tips would help.

Also interested on your opinions on overall class builds for this season. I'm personally still running the S + S/WH + NM/WS build.

@Pvt Frosty.6973 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:you don't need it to hit 25 might and ancient seeds is much better

Do share your insight on how to obtain consistent 25 might stacks? It appears to be eluding me

you can reach 25 might any number of ways. but it's only really useful if you can get 25 might everytime you "burst" or if you can get 25 might very often (hence:
consistently
)now i shouldn't really need to say this, but ranger has never been about burst, let alone readily available burst to make use of "max-might peaks". and this is why, if you invest anything into might, you need to look for consistency (edit: strength of the pack + whao is
not
consistent).

Its really easy to keep high to 25 might stacks up consistently since the shout rework.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:

you can reach 25 might any number of ways. but it's only really useful if you can get 25 might everytime you "burst" or if you can get 25 might very often (hence:
consistently
)now i shouldn't really need to say this, but ranger has never been about burst, let alone readily available burst to make use of "max-might peaks". and this is why, if you invest anything into might, you need to look for consistency (edit: strength of the pack + whao is
not
consistent).

Its really easy to keep high to 25 might stacks up consistently since the shout rework.

Sorry, but could you elaborate on this? GOTL only effects people who are being healed by CA skills.

@Furious.6015 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:

consistently
not
consistent).

Sorry, but could you elaborate on this? GOTL only effects people who are being healed by CA skills.

GotL applies to everyone within the radius of the skill effect, regardless of whether or not they are healed by it.

By AoEing yourself and your pet and/or by running Nature Magic, you and your pet end up with might.

Then using We Heal as One adds the might together on both you and the pet and applies it to both parties.

Hope this helps!

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@Furious.6015 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:

consistently
not
consistent).

GotL applies to everyone within the radius of the skill effect, regardless of whether or not they are healed by it.

By AoEing yourself and your pet and/or by running Nature Magic, you and your pet end up with might.

Then using We Heal as One adds the might together on both you and the pet and applies it to both parties.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I didn't quite get the shout rework because my brain melts when I try to figure out the nuances of this game.

How do you feel about shoutbow in higher end sPvP (platnium and above)?Losing NM for BM seems dubious at best IMOAlthough I feel that your pet is the bulk of your damage, being able to survive in the middle of team fights - particularly the opening engage for mid point is pretty important.

Edit: I've gone on a pretty good run lately with GOTL instead of Lingering light/Ancient seed - I think it's because the ability to +1 and give whoever you're helping 25 might is huge. I guess having 25 might on yourself and your pet is great too but I've been having some massive success running TU/QZ/Entangling roots which are all survival skills.

https://i.imgur.com/XSXNOup.jpg

I think as the meta settles we'll find a sweet spot like we usually do - I'm really glad about the 1600+ duo queue changes and I'm excited to push to top 250 for that sweet epeen pvp title :>

Right now im just running bunker druid build with water rune. With Nature Magic Traitline, which gives u +16% more boon duration, u have 10ish seconds of 25 stacks might all 15 sec !!!!! ( if u use avatar on cooldown ofc). Idk why ppl say this is not worth taking lel. Skill 2+3+5 in avatar already gives u 20 stacks of might and this just takes some seconds to do (even less with quickness) .... If u dont believe it, just try it out yourself .. Its imo the best trait u can take....

Maybe its not great for you PvErs out there but hooooooollllyyy kitten its good. 25 might for the team and I still get "ancient seeds" from Jacaranda.

The biggest gripe with jacaranda really is its abysmal target tracking. Looks like a player turning with keys.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:

consistently
not
consistent).

Again, you can get 25 might with shouts, yes. But not consistently. The biggest problem is that NM+BM is no longer viable and even if it was, shouts on their own do no where near give you consistent 25 might, not even if you played with guard.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

Question time, since tonight is the first night I'll be able to play since the patch; what do you @shadowpass.4236 and you @Pvt Frosty.6973 think about the overall build setup given this change?

Granted I'm sure there's multiple builds that are and could be viable so I guess I'll narrow it down; factoring in either a staff sword/x or staff/lb setup.

WS/NM is still the most powerful one.

If you must play staff, then play staff sword/warhorn, essentially the same as before, just with gotl instead of ancient seeds. I have taken a liking to Leadership over water (even with the 75 second elite), just for that little bit longer might duration, tho it's far too early to tell really.

And last but not least, yes this trait is now the absolute best one to take. Ancient seeds was never that strong in a thief/warrior meta which basically ignores immobs anyway.

Any other questions or things to be discussed, feel free to get in touch with me :)

@Pvt Frosty.6973 said:

The biggest gripe with jacaranda really is its abysmal target tracking. Looks like a player turning with keys.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:

consistently
not
consistent).

Again, you can get 25 might with shouts, yes. But not consistently. The biggest problem is that NM+BM is no longer viable and even if it was, shouts on their own do no where near give you consistent 25 might, not even if you played with guard.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

If you must play staff, then play staff sword/warhorn, essentially the same as before, just with gotl instead of ancient seeds. I have taken a liking to Leadership over water (even with the 75 second elite), just for that little bit longer might duration, tho it's far too early to tell really.

And last but not least, yes this trait is now the absolute best one to take. Ancient seeds was never that strong in a thief/warrior meta which basically ignores immobs anyway.

Any other questions or things to be discussed, feel free to get in touch with me :)

Yeah I haven't been able to get on much during the week with my work schedule, and with you being EU (I think) you'd be asleep for sure lol, or I'd definitely take this conversation in game.

Just curious; I imagine you're going to advocate for that LB Sword/Warhorn build I've seen you run, instead of a build that uses staff?

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:

consistently
not
consistent).

@jcbroe.4329 said:

Yeah I haven't been able to get on much during the week with my work schedule, and with you being EU (I think) you'd be asleep for sure lol, or I'd definitely take this conversation in game.

Just curious; I imagine you're going to advocate for that LB Sword/Warhorn build I've seen you run, instead of a build that uses staff?

Yea I am EU and due to my work schedule can only play so long into the night haha But there is the albeit a little clunky mail system :)

It actually depends on the game. Staff is definitely more efficient. I just take longbow because it carries better (in those kind of games where you clearly are the best player out of both teams, we've all had them). Pressure is often better than defensive tools in ranked. Could probably write up a whole essay on this tho, so ill stop it here.

@Pvt Frosty.6973 said:

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:

consistently
not
consistent).

@jcbroe.4329 said:

Yea I am EU and due to my work schedule can only play so long into the night haha But there is the albeit a little clunky mail system :)

It actually depends on the game. Staff is definitely more efficient. I just take longbow because it carries better (in those kind of games where you clearly are the best player out of both teams, we've all had them). Pressure is often better than defensive tools in ranked. Could probably write up a whole essay on this tho, so ill stop it here.

Lol totally understand.

And thankfully I know exactly what you mean, so no need for any essay writing hahaha :) at least not yet, somebody else could always ask.

Well.... I'm out of discussion on the topic for now for once lol, so I guess just cya in game!

I would be interested in hearing Frosty explain his reasons for playing lb for pressure.

But who does that matter to? Does it help anyone climbing?You know what I would like? I would like to hear someone explain what builds work better at Lower levels of Gameplay and why.That would be relevant to the bulk of the PvP audience and not just the l33t.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:I would be interested in hearing Frosty explain his reasons for playing lb for pressure.

But who does that matter to? Does it help anyone climbing?You know what I would like? I would like to hear someone explain what builds work better at Lower levels of Gameplay and why.That would be relevant to the bulk of the PvP audience and not just the l33t.

In a few simple terms, longbow offers the following:

1. Damage
  2. Stealth
  3. CC

It is one of our best weapons, thus it is one of the strongest to carry with. Not to mention, the auto attack can be used far off point, thus making it easier to rotate to another point and keeps you relatively safer from the dangers of the fight.

It also has several synergies with traits and can be used in conjunction with pets to chain cc someone (off point preferably) in order to guarantee a decap or a follow up burst. Though, tying in pet attacks in combination with your player skills requires more advanced tactics which you said, was just for the "l33t," and thus does not generally apply to the "bulk of the PvP audience."

I hope that helped explain things a little better mate. If you wish to duel in game, send me a mail or whisper me when I'm online.

Archived