bards

czerwoni.9563

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like above mentioned, if they ever do something like a bard, it will be an elite spec. They've got a balance now of three classes for each armor type and base hp type (low, medium, and high), so I doubt they're going to disturb that balance now. Elite specs was their answer to adding more classes (after Rev).

@Kreed.2768 said:Like above mentioned, if they ever do something like a bard, it will be an elite spec. They've got a balance now of three classes for each armor type and base hp type (low, medium, and high), so I doubt they're going to disturb that balance now. Elite specs was their answer to adding more classes (after Rev).

And what exactly does armor type even mean in this game? Mesmer tank and Necro bunker... whereas Warrior is the one with the bow shooting fire sticks at mobs. Besides for Aesthetics, armor type means nothing.

@gannondorf.7628 said:They have trouble to balance 9 class (well 8 actually coz revenant still on beta state since HOT release) and you want them to add more? It will be without me thanks you !

Talking about Bards, they sounds better in a thief/mesmer elite spec spot.

makes sense lol would be cool tho as an elite even

@tongpo.3184 said:

@Kreed.2768 said:Like above mentioned, if they ever do something like a bard, it will be an elite spec. They've got a balance now of three classes for each armor type and base hp type (low, medium, and high), so I doubt they're going to disturb that balance now. Elite specs was their answer to adding more classes (after Rev).

And what exactly does armor type even mean in this game? Mesmer tank and Necro bunker... whereas Warrior is the one with the bow shooting fire sticks at mobs. Besides for Aesthetics, armor type means nothing.

Armor type is the type of armor you equip, obviously. Light, medium and heavy. Yeah, sure, the armor ratings have barely any impact compared to the stat types on them, but the point is that they make classes more easily visually identifiable. See a character with heavy armor? Well, that's gotta be Rev, Guard, or Warrior. The original design idea behind it is kinda made void after they introduced outfits, but what I was getting at with my previous post is that they now have three of each, so it's extremely unlikely they'll start adding more.

Not to mention a bunch of other, bigger reasons, such as balance workload and the elite spec system. If they add a whole new class to the next expansion, how would they handle that elite specs for that class when it comes to HoT and PoT? At this point a new class would just create a whole set of new problems for the dev team.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:No. I really will never understand this
fetish
that so many people have for a bard class.

Cause support class with words of power sounds fun lol

Maklain is a minstrel found in Meddler's Summit where he was abandoned by his party.

now that is cool lol

@Cynz.9437 said:Bard should have been thieves new spec :(

I can imagine it now, walking down a dark shady alley with only a few dim candles at each end of the passage to mark its boundaries. Then you spot a cloaked figure in the dark, it slowly approaches you and you think oh sheet it’s one of those thieves I’ve heard about.

You throw your money on the ground telling them to take it all and leave you alone and yet they still approach, that mass of cloth and darkness decending upon you. It must be a dead eye you think, he doesn’t care for money, he’s come for me, but who would send such an ominous figure of despair for you?

The shadow is almost upon you, you can’t move, this is it, this is the end. Something moves under the cloak and the air is filled with a sound so terrifying that we dare not repeat it.

!

And we all burst out laughing.

@OP, no, please no. We don’t need bards.

@apharma.3741 said:

I can imagine it now, walking down a dark shady alley with only a few dim candles at each end of the passage to mark its boundaries. Then you spot a cloaked figure in the dark, it slowly approaches you and you think oh sheet it’s one of those thieves I’ve heard about.

You throw your money on the ground telling them to take it all and leave you alone and yet they still approach, that mass of cloth and darkness decending upon you. It must be a dead eye you think, he doesn’t care for money, he’s come for me, but who would send such an ominous figure of despair for you?

The shadow is almost upon you, you can’t move, this is it, this is the end. Something moves under the cloak and the air is filled with a sound so terrifying that we dare not repeat it.

!

bards are a big part of the fantasy world and many mmorpgs have them.

I could picture Thief getting some kinda of Troubadour elite spec, but I imagine they'd get "shouts" as a utility, maybe with charges like firebrand, where each use is a different "Verse". So you use say "Song of Strength" to give nearby players might, it then loses a charge and becomes "Chorus of Quickness" which gives nearby allies quickness, then loses a charge and becomes "Fiendish Finale" which gives all nearby allies fury and damages the target or something.

@Deifact.3095 said:I could picture Thief getting some kinda of Troubadour elite spec, but I imagine they'd get "shouts" as a utility, maybe with charges like firebrand, where each use is a different "Verse". So you use say "Song of Strength" to give nearby players might, it then loses a charge and becomes "Chorus of Quickness" which gives nearby allies quickness, then loses a charge and becomes "Fiendish Finale" which gives all nearby allies fury and damages the target or something.

song of the night, players gain invisibility for a short duration...

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

!

Many MMOs also have level caps that rise with each major release, and each major release brings a new tier of armor that invalidates all older armor. Do you really want GW2 to implement something solely because "many MMOs do it"?

If at all, it would be an elite spec.

That said, It would fit perfectly as a future thief elite spec to round off the class. Think minstrel type songster, if lazy use something similar to the revenant permanent auras as group buffs.

It would allow thief to finally join the support meta and open up a lot of new possibilities to take thiefs along in group content besides damage. Something thief is lacking atm.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

!

Many MMOs also have level caps that rise with each major release, and each major release brings a new tier of armor that invalidates all older armor. Do you really want GW2 to implement something solely because "many MMOs do it"?

k your going way off topic, i mean a lot of people are saying no to the class and more to an elite spec cause it would be cool. you are just doing an 'i dont like it agree with me' argument.

this post has nothing to do with level caps so take your argument to the level cap post.

also i said big part of fantasy lore anywhere, in fact gw2 has bard npcs on the map for the lolz would be cool if they implemented something for a class spec, not everyhting has to be dps meta sheep in this game.

At this point, you would have to explain what kind of game play a new class would bring ... each class is different, in more than just name.

Bard would be cool? Why? What would a Bard do that the 9 other classes don't? maybe it's just an elite? I don't think it's archetypical enough to be a major class on it's own, especially that it would be 2 elite specs behind everything else now ... and 3 at the next expansion.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

!

It's not such a bad idea. Many MMOs have crafting, dragons, PvP, and tons of other things found in this game. Adding bard to thief to give it a support spec is not out of this world. Do you really want to deny everyone that plays this game something with high fun potential solely to be different?

Archived