I just logged in and got mail... is this normal?

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I think it’s a bug, and possibly, as suggested above, it’s because we “bought” the new LS episode when we logged on.

The first one you got must be for Raids.Not "bought", you did buy it... when you bought PoF. You cant play the LS4 without owning PoF. So you paid for it. If you unlock it and get the mail without owning PoF, then that's Anets "get the hint" mail in order to get you to buy PoF :p

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I think it’s a bug, and possibly, as suggested above, it’s because we “bought” the new LS episode when we logged on.

The first one you got must be for Raids.Not "bought", you
did
buy it... when you bought PoF. You cant play the LS4 without owning PoF. So you paid for it. If you unlock it and get the mail without owning PoF, then that's Anets "get the hint" mail in order to get you to buy PoF :p

Not exactly. If you don’t log in during the active period you’ll have to buy it with gems. By logging during the active period you are “buying” it, but the cost is zero gems. You can only access it if you also have PoF. My alt account with no expansions got the email, so it owns that LS episode, but cannnot access it.

So you “buy” it by logging in during the active time or you can buy it with gems after that time frame, however it also requires the PoF expansion to accesss your purchase.

I got this too and I was really confused by it. I don't remember it happening for previous LS releases, although that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I doubt it's a promotional thing though. When I log into my free account all the glider and mount skins in the gem store are locked and there's various adverts for HoT/PoF which don't show up on my main (paid) account. So they're perfectly capable of identifying which accounts have which parts of the game unlocked and targeting adverts at them.

It's probably just a bug with an automated system - something that says when you unlock a story chapter you get a mail to confirm you bought it and it's missing a check to see if you actually bought it or got it free.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:I got that mail too, and i too didn't buy anything. Weird. Can someone confirm what that was for?I didn't get the underworld one. Idk what that is.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/288053/#Comment_288053

@"Dara Potocska.8196" said:Good day!

What you are seeing is a game reaction to the new Living world episode unlock being an MTX "item". When an episode is obtained a letter will be given to show that you have received it - kind of like a receipt for a purchase. Generally we disable the email for login while the Episode is free to avoid confusion. We missed doing that this time. Please know that you are safe!

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:I got that mail too, and i too didn't buy anything. Weird. Can someone confirm what that was for?I didn't get the underworld one. Idk what that is.

@"Dara Potocska.8196" said:Good day!

What you are seeing is a game reaction to the new Living world episode unlock being an MTX "item". When an episode is obtained a letter will be given to show that you have received it - kind of like a receipt for a purchase. Generally we disable the email for login while the Episode is free to avoid confusion. We missed doing that this time. Please know that you are safe!

Thank you! Was wondering about that.

And the underworld thing is a new raid they made. I wasn't paying attention but i looked at it again, and it has a raid icon next to the sender.

Archived