Goodbye 40 Fractal Farming

Methuselah.4376

I do not like the new changes whatsoever. It was a nice reprieve to have a short fractal, that was the point of it being a boss fractal. I tried this yesterday on scale 10 as it was a daily recommended and I must say, this one will be a nightmare on T4, with the protectors and elites in abundance. Needless to say, these changes do away with 40 farming.

I don't see why the F40 farm should have any sort of protected status. Sure, I like having a few easy/easier fractals, but when it's so easy that people literally can do it in 3 minutes, it's time for a change.

I also am not too worried about how people feel about the changes today, whether positive or negative. It takes a while for humans to get used to changes and only after that can we do a fair job of evaluating whether the old way or the new way was better.

Swampland 2.0 got some bad reactions it's first 48 hours, but I think most people who fractal regularly like it better. It can't be cheezed as easily and yet a good group can do it more quickly (while a bad group can still fail it).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I don't see why the F40 farm should have any sort of protected status. Sure, I like having a few easy/easier fractals, but when it's so easy that people literally can do it in 3 minutes, it's time for a change.

I also am not too worried about how people feel about the changes today, whether positive or negative. It takes a while for humans to get used to changes and only after that can we do a fair job of evaluating whether the old way or the new way was better.

Swampland 2.0 got some bad reactions it's first 48 hours, but I think most people who fractal regularly like it better. It can't be cheezed as easily and yet a good group can do it more quickly (while a bad group can still fail it).

The new swamp makes perfect sense now. Previously everyone would just keep re rolling until you get the one you wanted. Now it's a mini boss, followed by a big boss. The changes are going the right way and it's good to see.

@Raguel.9402 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I don't see why the F40 farm should have any sort of protected status. Sure, I like having a few easy/easier fractals, but when it's so easy that people literally can do it in 3 minutes, it's time for a change.

The new swamp makes perfect sense now. Previously everyone would just keep re rolling until you get the one you wanted. Now it's a mini boss, followed by a big boss. The changes are going the right way and it's good to see.

Swamp has too much artificial gating with boss invuln phases which is lame by design. Other than this I like how swamp was revamped :)

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Raguel.9402 said:

Swamp has too much artificial gating with boss invuln phases which is lame by design. Other than this I like how swamp was revamped :)

Probably to avoid bloomie being melted in the first CC phase :)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Swampland 2.0 got some bad reactions it's first 48 hours, but I think most people who fractal regularly like it better.Possibly because, in general, people that do not like the changes Fractals are going through lately most probably no longer do them regularly.

Lot of players were discouraged away from this content by Anet's insistence to constantly up the challenge rating. This patch's changes will likely chase even more people away from that content.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Swampland 2.0 got some bad reactions it's first 48 hours, but I think most people who fractal regularly like it better.Possibly because, in general, people that do not like the changes Fractals are going through lately most probably no longer do them regularly.

Lot of players were discouraged away from this content by Anet's insistence to constantly up the challenge rating. This patch's changes will likely chase even more people away from that content.

That depends on what part of the player base you are looking at.

If it's the "I want free loot fast" faction, sure they might get discourage to run fractals. Then again, there is so much content you can farm instead with the new Living World Season 4 Map 1 adding right to that farm train.

There is nothing wrong with adding challenging content at the top end. Especially with the clownfiesta that has become T4. Some PUGs are so bad, they deserve to drop down to T3 or be forced to up their game. It's unbelievable how some people still can't even deal with something like Subject-6 in Thaumanova yet they can die themselves through most old T4 fractals without issue for the reward.

As far as the fractal 40 farm. Sorry but if a fractal takes 2 minutes 30 seconds, it deserves to be reworked. For anyone who enjoyed the farm, cudos you've had a very long time to farm away. Now it got fixed.

well i love the new changes, especially the new lighting.the only problem was to find the path to go on my the first entry.at the entrance, you are placed very behind with no sight of the ramp,this happens twice inside the fractal, the path is kinda hidden behind walls....but yeah i'll miss 40 farm heehee

Anet's been against short instance Group content since launch because people will do it. cof path 1 then account bounding character Dungeon clears then nerfing dungeons then reworking fractals to be even longer then buffy dungeons but at this point dungeons are dead but still a viable source of income if you can get a non retard group.

they don't want short easy fun content that is rewarding. they want grueling long boring Grind/timelock content i mean look at crafting ascended/ look at the AScension look at legendary armor etc etc.

WHile yes grinding is part of mmo they are making it less and less fun. where something like warframe makes it more fun and worth the grind.

THEN ontop of that they made grinding Fractal relics just a bit harder because of the change to 40 then PUT a huge reward/time investment upgrade after it..

silverwaste is probably gonna be the only worth while farm if you want mats while leather if you want just gold wheres fotm was you got a bit of both and help towards high fractal requirements and ascended gear NOW WE JUST TOSS THAT OUT AND MAKE YOU WORK HARDER FOR IT.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Swampland 2.0 got some bad reactions it's first 48 hours, but I think most people who fractal regularly like it better.Possibly because, in general, people that do not like the changes Fractals are going through lately most probably no longer do them regularly.

That depends on what part of the player base you are looking at.

If it's the "I want free loot fast" faction, sure they might get discourage to run fractals. Then again, there is so much content you can farm instead with the new Living World Season 4 Map 1 adding right to that farm train.

There is nothing wrong with adding challenging content at the top end. Especially with the clownfiesta that has become T4. Some PUGs are so bad, they deserve to drop down to T3 or be forced to up their game. It's unbelievable how some people still can't even deal with something like Subject-6 in Thaumanova yet they can die themselves through most old T4 fractals without issue for the reward.

As far as the fractal 40 farm. Sorry but if a fractal takes 2 minutes 30 seconds, it deserves to be reworked. For anyone who enjoyed the farm, cudos you've had a very long time to farm away. Now it got fixed.

If you think a lot of players doing fractal for gold and sometimes for an adrenalin kick your are right. What I see is very often players which are absolute noops in this game running T3 or T4( mostly seeable through skill and low mastery level) this is in deed troublesome even for me.

Subject-6 is a problem because most of the old players want to do it with the mechanic and the new ones want to burst it away. There are multiply fractals in which you can choose different strategies so that it fails in random groups because they split up the first time.

I don't think the ones who run 100 cm and so have a problem with the new content but the rest has a problem with too much new things at once. This hasn't something to do with fractal 40 but like Astralporing.1957 said this has also something to do with difficult level I tried 52 in the end I made 72 because it is easier without the new influx.

Strangely I was less effected as Ele then warrior and guardian or better said I have always the impression most players who play other classes don't know to doge. I know why but many AoE effect became unbearable for their HP in high fractals and other stuff . The are things who top this in the the new episode in the last instance there was a veteran which has a shield through his minions which throw you to the ground and has an AoE which gives you condi damage which is undogable as a Ele this guy was a nightmare. (Fractal 40 has similar mini-boss but without the shield).

What I mean the difference between it feels super easy and it is extremely hard became very sharp in this game to the point it feels broken.If you don't believe me ask the wvw players about condi damage.

@Vella the knight.6072 said:they don't want short easy fun content that is rewarding. they want grueling long boring Grind/timelock content i mean look at crafting ascended/ look at the AScension look at legendary armor etc etc.

Yeah...that's why they change UW from being big instance with multiple quests and groups of mobs to story-less, time-gated boss->boss->boss mechanic.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Good. Fractal 40 farm should have never been a thing to begin with. It's still bad it took them so long to fix this.

I would argue it was a good thing because it accidentally introduced something the game badly needs, which is a catch-up mechanic for non gear progression items. One of the main issue with GW2 is that if you start late, you will never catch up, and that's just bad. They just pile new systems on top of older ones and never ease the grind of older ones.

I have started to craft the legendary fractal wings (not that i need them, I'm just doing them because I really like fractals), and I also bought one of the omni potions; and without a bit of 40 grind I wouldn't be at step II right now. I wouldn't own that potion either. My only regret is that I didn't farm it more and now the massive relic grind is more off-putting than exciting. That's quite disappointing and I certainly don't want to spend 6 month on a single gear piece. That's insane.

@Rennie.6750 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Good. Fractal 40 farm should have never been a thing to begin with. It's still bad it took them so long to fix this.

I would argue it was a good thing because it accidentally introduced something the game badly needs, which is a catch-up mechanic for non gear progression items. One of the main issue with GW2 is that if you start late, you will
never
catch up, and that's just bad. They just pile new systems on top of older ones and never ease the grind of older ones.

I have started to craft the legendary fractal wings (not that i need them, I'm just doing them because I really like fractals), and I also bought one of the omni potions; and without a bit of 40 grind I wouldn't be at step II right now. I wouldn't own that potion either. My only regret is that I didn't farm it more and now the massive relic grind is more off-putting than exciting. That's quite disappointing and I certainly don't want to spend 6 month on a single gear piece. That's insane.

When I started collecting ascended gear there was only rings, and they took 6-10 days of fractals or longer.When I started collecting ascended the only ascended backpiece was tied to fractals and took a ton of frelics of basically weeks worth of fractals to make.When I started collecting ascended the only way to get accessories was via guild missions and it took at least 2-3 weeks per piece to get them.When I started collecting ascended the only way to get ascended weapons was to craft them which was insanely expensive the first few weeks/months.When I started collecting ascended the only way to get armors was to craft them and they were even more expensive than weapons especially during the first few weeks.When I started to make ascended, ascended items were character bound and I had to make 1 set per character.

Want me to go on? Or are you going to stick to this nonsense?

The overall speed at which you can get items and gear has only increased over time. Now will a new player be able to get Everything including legendarys and so on at once compared to a player who has played for 5 years? No. But he sure as kitten can get max geared a ton faster and cheaper than most veteran players could on their first characters.

@zealex.9410 said:

@SuperduperMLGbsns.9345 said:Getting my 700k karma will be a freakin nightmare now. Thanks anet

Every fractal if you get the karma augment gives extra 2.4k karma on top of the karma you get for completing it.

Dude with you could get 4993 Karma with banner, food and booster. 20+ per hour runs on a mediocre group is np, so we are at 100k+ per hour.The karma you get from other things is a joke compared to this.

@zealex.9410 said:

@SuperduperMLGbsns.9345 said:Getting my 700k karma will be a freakin nightmare now. Thanks anet

Every fractal if you get the karma augment gives extra 2.4k karma on top of the karma you get for completing it.

but I don't want to spend even more time to get the same results I had now...

It was done for a reason.. it was short straight forward and rewarding especially at the level it was done.

Now you got these people saying.. oh it was never intended to be done like this... Oh go do other fractals... seriously put a sock in it.

goodbye fractals in general ever since this change happen there has been less Fractal activity cause there is less of a reason for people to look at fractal lfg because there is no farm to jump into or other dailies.

Again its same like the last major patch we had Tried to do some good end up doing more dmg at the end of the day. ya we can burn effigys now and get less karma rewards from fotm before having to work towards a karma upgrade and longer instances.

before patch I was like ok I need ascended for muticlasses to have some varity finish climbing Fotm but after this patch it has made me really stop caring about climbing Fotm or even bother with higher infusions outside expert requirements. its frankly gonna take way to long with just dailies alone for fractals. fotm 40 being a quick instance Was almost an requirement at this point its been around for ages but For some reason Was sought after to be changed for the worst.

I don't mind grinding i love grinding certain aspect of the game but anet is keen on removing grinding aspects I like to do which has been instance content.

Archived