Domain of Istan Reward Track

CrimeMaker.8612

Why do you have to finish the whole to unlock this reward track?

Previous living story episode which were launched after HoT, all you had to do to unlock the new reward track was just play part of the story and get to the new map.

Why on earth with new living story episode am i being forced to play the whole episode to unlock a reward track which should be unlocked automatically with the release of new episode?

Anet I do not PvE. I do not want to PvE. I throw up when I PvE. Its boring. Its not engaging enough. I dislike it completely. There are a lot of players who can compare to me.

So why me and other WvW players are being shoved the new living story episode down our throat?

Arena Net I personally havent even finished mount masteries. The only PvE i have done since PoF release was use waypoint to friend to get to the last map so I can get into g hall and the starting of the story to unlock raptor. after that I have done no PvE.

So please revert this. I do not want to be forced to play the whole episode to unlock the reward track. Please go back to when you would unlock the reward by just play first bit of the episode to get enter the map. Do not force me to play the content I do not want to play. Many WvW players will agree with me.

@LetoII.3782 said:Why bother with unlocking mounts if you don't pve?And for the same question as in the other thread, why should OP bother with the reward track at all if he cant be kittened to do the story even once?

I honestly do not understand why some people think this is an issue. To me its the same as trying to argue why T4 fractals arent unlocked for me, I play WvW and never run T1 fractals so I shouldnt have to unlock T4.

Play the way we tell you to. A far cry from 'play how you want to'. You're all really closet pve'rs anyway according to the last but one wvw dev (or was he the last actual wvw dev, hard to tell).

Another bit of 'content' locked behind doing stuff you don't want to do. The direction the game has taken is disappointing to many.

so what? pretty lege armor is only available for raid people. I don't raid.Legendary weapons basically force people to deal with pvp or wvw, even if they hate it and only want to play pve.Aurora forces you to do that idiotic jumping puzzle in Ember Bay AGAIN.

There are many reward tracks, if you hate pve so much, why do you even care that one of them is unavailable?

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:so what? pretty lege armor is only available for raid people. I don't raid.Legendary weapons basically force people to deal with pvp or wvw, even if they hate it and only want to play pve.Aurora forces you to do that idiotic jumping puzzle in Ember Bay AGAIN.

There are many reward tracks, if you hate pve so much, why do you even care that one of them is unavailable?

This reward track has the shipments give you +10 at least to all tiers of crafting cloth metal and leather (i was getting +40 or an item from time to time). Its a significant amount of items.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Domain_of_Istan_Reward_Trackhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leather_Shipment

@Jski.6180 said:

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:so what? pretty lege armor is only available for raid people. I don't raid.Legendary weapons basically force people to deal with pvp or wvw, even if they hate it and only want to play pve.Aurora forces you to do that idiotic jumping puzzle in Ember Bay AGAIN.

This reward track has the shipments give you +10 at least to all tiers of crafting cloth metal and leather (i was getting +40 or an item from time to time). Its a significant amount of items.

Then do the work to get it.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

So do pve work to get the ability to do more work to get better loot in wvw?

Was a lot easier to get a mez to port me to where i needed to go so no and i comply reject any ideal how pve work being needed to get a chase at getting better things in wvw.Not only this is a complete insult to wvw players to do a full LS to get wvw content and that it was the only contented added to wvw but the level of "blocks" that where added in for mount beech marks where a complete joke on the level of added in a small fences that blocks the way that often are the sine of laziness from the game makers.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

Was a lot easier to get a mez to port me to where i needed to go so no and i comply reject any ideal how pve work being needed to get a chase at getting better things in wvw.Not only this is a complete insult to wvw players to do a full LS to get wvw content and that it was the only contented added to wvw but the level of "blocks" that where added in for mount kitten marks where a complete joke on the level of added in a small fences that blocks the way that often are the sine of laziness from the game makers.

Look.. you said yourself it's one of the better reward tracks.

Better reward tracks take more effort.

They have to do the gift of battle to make any legendary. And while it's not the same, I don't find the LS 'grind' of about hmm. 2 hours including the mount quests, equal to the 6 + hours your average PvE player has to do to get the GoB.

And the reward track keeps on giving.

You've been around long enough @Jski.6180 to remember when we paid more than we got in WvW. I'll take a small portion of work in order to unlock the track.

It's not worth the complaint.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:And you found a workaround. How about that...

Its sad.It should be a jp like thing for ppl who lack the mounts but to lock things off that much with such blunt things is not good game making.

Thats the problem. The reason I didnt bother with mount masteries is because I just dont PvE. I log on just for WvW. But when you see Arena Net pull BS like this. Its really upsetting.

@CrimeMaker.8612 said:I log on just for WvW. But when you see Arena Net pull BS like this. Its really upsetting.

How is it different from half the LS3 reward tracks? All of them required completing at least one story mission and some required more.(I'm not in favor of ANet gating reward tracks this much; my point is that there's plenty of precedent.)

Was a lot easier to get a mez to port me to where i needed to go so no and i comply reject any ideal how pve work being needed to get a chase at getting better things in wvw.Not only this is a complete insult to wvw players to do a full LS to get wvw content and that it was the only contented added to wvw but the level of "blocks" that where added in for mount kitten marks where a complete joke on the level of added in a small fences that blocks the way that often are the sine of laziness from the game makers.

If something this minor can make you so upset and put this much effort into forum posts where you would've finished the story long ago...something is wrong and you maybe should take a vacation from the game!

@"Dinas Dragonbane.2978" said:

If something this minor can make you so upset and put this much effort into forum posts where you would've finished the story long ago...something is wrong and you maybe should take a vacation from the game!

When they add in the next LS that could be more problematic and make the reward track for wvw at the end of that too that what i am going on about.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Jski.6180 said:When they add in the next LS that could be more problematic and make the reward track for wvw at the end of that too that what i am going on about.

Some LS3 reward tracks require 4 or 5 missions. This one requires 6. Is it really that much more onerous?

Yes because at best LS3 needed updraft only on grinding where this story needs the rabbit as well as some upgrade on that rabbit. That its insulting to deal with walls and a set up to where you simply cant glide to the last mission.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Jski.6180 said:When they add in the next LS that could be more problematic and make the reward track for wvw at the end of that too that what i am going on about.

Some LS3 reward tracks require 4 or 5 missions. This one requires 6. Is it really that much more onerous?

Yes because at best LS3 needed updraft only on grinding where this story needs the rabbit as well as some upgrade on that rabbit. That its insulting to deal with walls and a set up to where you simply cant glide to the last mission.

Ah, I see: it's not just the number of missions; it's the prerequisites for completing them. I went back through the LS3 map unlocks and I don't see anything obvious that requires more than basic gliding, but it would be extremely challenging to complete some of the unlock missions without gliding skills, mushrooms, and exalted markings.

So it's fair to say that LS4 requires more PoF masteries than LS3 required of HoT masteries. On the other hand, it's much easier to obtain masteries and mastery points for PoF than it ever was for HoT. So at worst, it's maybe somewhat more onerous if you just grind out Rabbit 3.

I don't personally like the gating: if you own the expansion and have unlocked the episode, I think that map access should be automatic. But given that it's not automatic, I think it's better that the gate be "meaningful" somehow, i.e that we should have to do something of substance — gating for gating's sake is really horrid. For LS4.1, I don't think ANet's found a happy medium.

However, @Jski.6180: I doubt very much if this is going to change for LS4.1 and its reward track. I think the best we can hope for is ANet being more generous with LS4.2 and its track.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

Ah, I see: it's not just the number of missions; it's the prerequisites for completing them. I went back through the LS3 map unlocks and I don't see anything obvious that requires more than basic gliding, but it would be extremely challenging to complete some of the unlock missions without gliding skills, mushrooms, and exalted markings.

So it's fair to say that LS4 requires more PoF masteries than LS3 required of HoT masteries. On the other hand, it's much easier to obtain masteries and mastery points for PoF than it ever was for HoT. So at worst, it's maybe somewhat more onerous if you just grind out Rabbit 3.

I don't personally like the gating: if you own the expansion and have unlocked the episode, I think that map access should be automatic. But given that it's not automatic, I think it's better that the gate be "meaningful" somehow, i.e that we should have to do something of substance — gating for gating's sake is really horrid. For LS4.1, I don't think ANet's found a happy medium.

However, @Jski.6180: I doubt very much if this is going to change for LS4.1 and its reward track. I think the best we can hope for is ANet being more generous with LS4.2 and its track.

Its ok to have these gates i just do not like these gates to get in the way of the wvw reward tracks. If your playing the LS for the story and full content then yes more then like you should have the full pve effects but to just get the pvp reward tracks (wvw and spvp) these gates become major blocks and cut the legs out of having wvw reward tracks with the LS in the first places.

Archived