Voting on making PvP separated from the core game (Installation only)

Yukio blaster.9082

What do you think about the idea to separate PVP from the game partially and next is how i think it should be :-As we all know GW2 PVP is the best of all available MMO on the market and better and enjoyable more that the MOBA's around but still the PVP community is not so high for a lot of reason's balance isn't one of them,simple because all PVP games aren't balanced in anyway.PROBLEM:The first reason GW2 is marketed as a MMO and the marketing isn't based on PVP, so PVP lovers wont look to GW2 as a PVP game and they still go for the other MOBA games that's got more than 50 million between LOL and DOTA 2 if not even more.and that's a lot of money out there for a good PVP game to take a part from it,that's one.the second thing is the availability to mass users GW2 is graphically friendly that's true you can play it on lower pc specs and that's a good thing but the high storage demand is so high for just a PVP lover to download more that 35gb that's hug if i'm just a PVP fun like my self.SOLUTION:So to overcome all this you need to create a PVP separated application that's not more than 5gb or 7gb max with the free core GW2 and the ability for the players to get the POF and HOT for half price but to get the expansions one at a hole and not get only one or just make it more micro transaction and give the possiblility to bay separated elite like if i went to get the MIRAGE elite for mesmer only for exemple , but to only be used for PVP application and in the same time the possibility for the normal GW2 players to play in it normally. and add more 1v1 and 2v2 arena and why not 4v4 or 3v3 and as a fun idea PVP for mounts with flying fights and mounted fighters and races.EXTRA:All this with a good marketing and a new name and a shared server world wide and with good partnership with good companies like twitch and to partnership with the PVP players that stream there games and respect the game, or YouTube game channels and with making more PVP tournaments every month to be streamed with low prizes as a starter like 2000 gems and some skins or so, be officially streamed by ANET and in your place ill just let JEBRO do the commenting .all this to encourage the players to develop there game-play.i believe if all this happen that's would be great for the game and for us PVP player base .CAUTION:But beware GW2 dev"s for this to succeed you need a separated PVP team that manage the PVP separately from PVE completely and make sure that the guild wars 2 PVP version to be more stable and to remove any common issues that the currant PVP community suffer from, like the unbalanced games when a plat can play against lower gold or silver,or the high burstiness in pvp games just lower a bit the condi and power damage for longer lasting fights especially on the starter of this project so the new pvp players not instantly die to us original players and for a new player its not fun at all and maybe cos him to quite the game.so i hope that you dev's take this on consideration and make it happen the sooner the better as a new MOBA with multi ARENA's and FAST PVP game-play for only the smartest and the greatest PVP players i the world.If you like this idea spread it and a comment from you if you have anymore suggestion's would be good too and tanks everyone .

@Vagrant.7206 said:Why? Separate clients make no sense. There's no need or reason to do so.

Not to mention the massive rewards rework that would be needed to make such an idea feasible, the sheer amount of work necessary to split the game would be nuts.

its not actual splitting the normal gw2 clients it will stay the same with the massive 25 gb storage and make only a client of spvp only as a MOBA game.and PVP is all ready halfway separated the only relation pvp and pve are rewords chests .

@"Razor.6392" said:Where's the "Doesn't matter what I vote for, this will NEVER HAPPEN" option?

ANet will realistically never spend resources on something like this, mainly because it will net absolutely ZERO PROFIT.

the last LOL Champion ship was organised in open stadium and millions of people watching it live and commentators in every language partnership with big companies like Samsung and millions of dollars as profit and more. how all this isn't a good profit, GW2 dose not lake any of the quality to get that big but if you see gw2 reviews on YouTube or anywhere its mainly considered as a pve game and not a pvp game all they have to do is to make it as a pvp game and in the same time keep the pve going on

@Exedore.6320 said:The profession and elite spec design problems are game-wide. Separating the game is a lot of work and won't fix either. Instead, you can spend less effort to fix both, while leaving the game together to promote the other halves.

change isn't all the time a bad thing and refreshing the minds to look up again to gw2 as a pvp game and to clash with the titans of MOBA gaming is a good thing .

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:Uhm i play all game modes. I want all my game modes to in the same game.

Ooo, sooo does Quaggan.

@Genesis.5169 said:Uhm i play all game modes. I want all my game modes to in the same game.

Plz read what i said carefully, i'm not saying that they need to separate the full game the game will still be the same as it is ,but the only thing that they gonna do is add a client for only pvp users that's what i'm saying. if you play all game modes that's fine it won't affect you in any way.

Rather than creating a new client and microtransaction store to be focused on PvP. I think a better solution would be to have a separate balance team for each area of the game and these teams would work closely with the development teams for said areas of the game. The tools to balance the game modes separately exist but are not being used enough. But with the game being five years old and two expansion in the chances of an overhaul like this or yours will be unlikely to happen even if the majority of the community got behind it because of the amount of money they would have to invest back into the game and what they could possibly get back out after the changes. GW1 was more PvP centered and it would seem that GW2 is more PvE so perhaps is there is a sequel it will be more balanced between the two rather than onesided.

• 2 months later...

I disagree with the presumption that GW2 PvP is good. For me, GW2 has one of the worst PvP systems in any MMO because it relies too heavily on AoE and condition damage, and there isn't enough emphasis on single-target DPS. It would take more skill to have to hit your opponent each time with an ability (aimed or otherwise) rather than just constantly laying down AoEs that do absurd amounts of condition damage automatically to everyone on the map. It also feels clunky because so many things are cast while moving (PvP On Ice!), and the movement speed is way too fast for the global cooldown timer. Thus, PvP strategies and cast rotations are pointless in PvP in this game because the amount of time it takes to get any kind of CC or DPS chain going you're already dead from all of the condition damage coming from everywhere/nowhere. If you're outnumbered you will always lose in this game also, because the condition damage is so damn high and there's no realistic way to incapacitate (CC) another person long-term like you could in, say, WoW. Finally – and this may be just me – but the "Fight to Survive"/"Finish Them" mechanic is soo stupid. They should just be dead when you've killed them, and you should be dead if they kill you, and then you respawn. The "Fight to Survive" mechanic takes me out of the game and makes both winning and losing that much more annoying.

Anyway. These are the reasons I think PvP is weak in this game, and why more people aren't playing it. I would love if in PvP they removed "Fight to Survive"/"Finish Them", and started working in more single-target DPS abilities, maybe even single-target heals such that a person could realistically play a dedicated healer. Right now everyone feels like the same class, button mashing and trying to just barely out-survive the other team as we all die together to AoE condition damage. It's a really great game otherwise, one of the best MMOs.

PvP was never the flagship for this game.And trying to sell this game without PvE is simply worthless. For pure PvP content there's a ton of other games that fare much better than GW2, just the entire MOBA market alone is enough to negate that.The game's F2P already, so that's enough.Maybe selling elite spec unlocks for sPvP only for those that don't have expansions could have it's merits, but that's as far as i'd go.

Archived