cheater keeps mocking player and anet

Juidodin.5829

a cheater who use teleport hack, lag hack, and stuff, and openly admits to it, cause he knows that anet will never be bothered to actually ban a cheater.he is whispering people on a daily basis, whom have reported him, to let them know, that he is still not banned.hes name is g___.7934. since cheating is ok for anet, calling them out will actually get you banned, I won't post his full name.just let you other people know, who have reported him too, how serious anet is to deal with a cheater.

rhwk2JR.png

• ArenaNet Staff

First, cheating is decidedly and provably NOT "ok" for ArenaNet. Second, calling out someone by name on the forums will not get you "banned." It may result in a brief suspension, but we don't terminate a forum account for a single breach of that kind. But thank you for not exposing the name -- that's appreciated.

So let's talk about getting this actually reviewed and potentially resolved:

• Have you sent a report to Customer Support?
  • Have you written an e-mail to Exploits@Arena.Net including the full name, time of day, time zone, game world, and map on which cheating took place?

I totally understand the frustration you feel in seeing someone act like this. Both the misbehavior and the attitude are bad. But I did wonder if you'd pursued it through the means above. Someone may be able to take a look at this case and while they most likely wouldn't respond to the report to say "Yep, we banned that player" the fact that you submitted a report is a positive thing and can have a very productive outcome.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:First, cheating is decidedly and provably NOT "ok" for ArenaNet. Second, calling out someone by name on the forums will not get you "banned." It may result in a brief suspension, but we don't terminate a forum account for a single breach of that kind. But thank you for not exposing the name -- that's appreciated.

• Have you written an e-mail to Exploits@Arena.Net including the full name, time of day, time zone, game world, and map on which cheating took place?

I totally understand the frustration you feel in seeing someone act like this. Both the misbehavior and the attitude are bad. But I did wonder if you'd pursued it through the means above. Someone may be able to take a look at this case and while they most likely wouldn't respond to the report to say "Yep, we banned that player" the fact that you submitted a report is a positive thing and can have a very productive outcome.

How come the in game reporting system isn't on the list of "actually reviewed and potentially resolved" options?

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:First, cheating is decidedly and provably
NOT
"ok" for ArenaNet. Second, calling out someone by name on the forums will not get you "banned." It may result in a brief suspension, but we don't terminate a forum account for a single breach of that kind. But thank you for not exposing the name -- that's appreciated.

How come the in game reporting system isn't on the list of "actually reviewed and potentially resolved" options?

I imagine it probably is, but it is always going to be more effective to send a detailed report to ensure context and understanding for the moderation team. I imagine Gaile also didn't include it since the OP had indicated that had already been done and she is suggesting further course of action

Frankly I;d always use the options listed because it would give a greater chance of being to explain the cheating problem than the in game tool

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:First, cheating is decidedly and provably NOT "ok" for ArenaNet. Second, calling out someone by name on the forums will not get you "banned." It may result in a brief suspension, but we don't terminate a forum account for a single breach of that kind. But thank you for not exposing the name -- that's appreciated.

That's kinda sarcastic, isn't it? Considering, that the ingame report doesn't even include "cheating" as an option

Isn't that your job? what is this ingame report even useful for if you cant link a report to time, world and map? don't tell me all you get is a name and 5 lines of chat.

but to answer your questions, yes I did in the past. I even included links to videos of the incident into my report, clearly documenting that stuff. but still seeing the same guys using the same hax doing the same stuff weeks after the report kinda made clear how useless such reports are.

I guess just another case of "fell through the cracks", right? like this one: "You should have been actioned, but for some reason you fell through the cracks."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4kkuf3/something_needs_to_be_done_about_the_current/d3g5sku/

Can't we have a working report feature in game instead of jumping through hoops?

Do reports from players get to you guys over there at all or do reports from players just go into a spam folder labeled " LoL" ?

Might be a good idea to make it easy. How about if there is a problem person that 20+ people have reported. He is dishonored for a day while he or she is investigated. Much better then having your player base screen shot and write down all the information they can think of.

Cheating is a symptom of a larger issue. Matchmaking, problems like "smurfing" and win trading, these types of things have created fertile ground.

I am significantly less polite in-game and less willing to help others .. more likely to laugh at someone's misfortune.. after long exposure to the pvp environment.

So, you admit that the in-game report option is useless? Nothing surprises me anymore from a company as Arenanet. I pity you guys...

@Furious.2867 said:I have a weird feeling there were no consequences to his self inflicted whistle blowing.He boasted about making $75 in gold doing SAB runs in one evening. It's not a lot of money but the fact that it could be done through exploits is sad.

If I were 12 1/2, I could see the novelty of cheating in pvp and wvw for laughs. But I'm 13 now so no thank you to cheating.

well i’m in my 20s, so that free $75 can get a few rounds at the pub. pretty good deal actually. hack gw2 for free beers

@choovanski.5462 said:

@Furious.2867 said:I have a weird feeling there were no consequences to his self inflicted whistle blowing.He boasted about making $75 in gold doing SAB runs in one evening. It's not a lot of money but the fact that it could be done through exploits is sad.

If I were 12 1/2, I could see the novelty of cheating in pvp and wvw for laughs. But I'm 13 now so no thank you to cheating.

well i’m in my 20s, so that free $75 can get a few rounds at the pub. pretty good deal actually. hack gw2 for free beers

I was in London around this time last year (shopping in Oxford St, taking advantage of the cheaper GBP to USD) and I found pubs to be the coziest place on the planet. I didn't drink though but had a bunch of meat pies.

I wouldnt say that the report is useless, had a match days ago with a bot, and as usual, everyone on the match reported the bot...but one guy didnt, he said that the devs dont take this as priorities and is hard to say if someone is actually botting/cheating/hacking/etc, but they do take action, in his case, he got banned(he used the word banned) for saying the unfamous n-word lol so yeah, the devs arent a fan of "hate speech" but they are okay with exploits on the competitives modes(WvW and sPvP).

@"Felipe.1807" said:he got banned(he used the word banned) for saying the unfamous n-word lol so yeah, the devs arent a fan of "hate speech"

from my personal experiences, they only ban you if they are personally involved, either be been the cheater/botter them self and called out for, or because they know them personally and they cried about it. I once met a cheater in wvw, called him out and was banned 10 sec later for 24h, I'm not kidding.

@Juidodin.5829 said:

@"Felipe.1807" said:he got banned(he used the word banned) for saying the unfamous n-word lol so yeah, the devs arent a fan of "hate speech"

from my personal experiences, they only ban you if they are personally involved, either be been the cheater/botter them self and called out for, or because they know them personally and they cried about it. I once met a cheater in wvw, called him out and was banned 10 sec later for 24h, I'm not kidding.

I didnt trust him at first, but he "challenged" me to say the n-word on chat during the match cause he would report me...according to him I would be banned to in less than 24h...so yeah saying the n-word without any context only for the reason to actually test Anet would be enough to get me banned(again according to this player)...but what you say actually did happen? you call out a cheater and is you who get banned? lol what a hell Anet?

@ choovanski.5462 "he was playing tempest lol. a pal posted a video of it, but mods deleted the post. can’t have the community knowing that the balance team is worse at pvp than svanir lol." That Svanir damage clearly needs a nerf! cleaving Arena Net Devs into the dirt.

That gives me an idea for the next ranger elite spec let me get 5 full sized Svanir pets I can control and send after players ill even name them after the current balance devs So when I unleash them on my fellow pvpers they can see the balance team in action!!!

@Luciferior.4802 said:@ choovanski.5462 "he was playing tempest lol. a pal posted a video of it, but mods deleted the post. can’t have the community knowing that the balance team is worse at pvp than svanir lol." That Svanir damage clearly needs a nerf! cleaving Arena Net Devs into the dirt.

That gives me an idea for the next ranger elite spec let me get 5 full sized Svanir pets I can control and send after players ill even name them after the current balance devs So when I unleash them on my fellow pvpers they can see the balance team in action!!!

If you dont have watched the livestream , then you better stop typing and use your hands to do something else :P

He was trying to show the new spells on the HoT Elementalist , and while he was reading the description - showcasing the new spells to the twitch , when he got pulled by the svanir and get critted for 3,5-4k ...in a low hp-no armor character ....

A person working in Balance , works with numbers , theories , happothetical scenarios and spreadsheets for various specs .He doesnt need to have e-eport reactions ....Its like saying that : Einstein should be the best Chest Players EVER (without participating in real Tournaments) , because he rocks in Maths and Concusions

In game report does not work. Sending a mail to "Exploits@Arena.Net" gets you an answer asking "you should better use game report button". Ultimately posting that on the forum makes you the bad guy. I think you guys should become more realistic, toxicity is one of the major problems of your game, alongside balance.

@Killthehealersffs.8940 Iv killed Svanir on an full zerker glass cannon tempest no mistform or obi flesh before it isn't that hard "get critted for 3,5-4k ...in a low hp-no armor character ...." that's why you move and if he got knocked down by the charge that's why you have stun breaks.

Also "A person working in Balance , works with numbers , theories , happothetical scenarios and spreadsheets for various specs He doesnt need to have e-eport reactions .... " You are correct he doesn't need to have esports reactions but his reaction time should be better than that of a blind kid in a wheel chair with no arms.

Also if he is balancing the skills in the game a certain level of mechanical skill in the game is required otherwise how can one accurately determine what works far as skills and what doesn't? wouldn't that make sense...

"Its like saying that : Einstein should be the best Chest Players EVER (without participating in real Tournaments) , because he rocks in Maths and Concusions" No one is saying the devs balancing the game should be the best players in the game but I think most would agree they should at least be competent at it because whether you realize it or not no one whos competent at the game whether its PvE Or PvP is losing to Svanir in a 1v1 random agro or not.

Far as ele goes no one is doubting ele is glassy and takes some hard hits but as I stated iv killed svanir full zerker tempest glass cannon spec and I am admittedly average at best and that's regarding my (PvE) ability which is higher than my ability to PvP.

And to be brutally honest if you are going to take up for someone losing to Svanir Arena Net Dev or not you should probably stick to the PvE forums where half the current PvE player base cant even beat the instanced solo content w/o dying 40+ times per boss before getting on the forums demanding a nerf.

Archived