[POLL] My pvp matches are more enjoyable without scourges on either team.

Doctor.1384

yeah tiered of switching to another character just to have a slight chance with them i wanna play my non meta soulbeast but its extremely non viable with a scourge around also its really annoying when i switch and the opposing necro is a reaper insteadneeding a whole different character just for the scourge shows how annoying they are

It depends, when you have people that actually know how to rotate around FB+Scourge and split them it can still be fun, if your team just goes Leroy Jenkins at mid and basically forces you to hard commit there unless you want to watch them die it's usually not a great game.

@Cyczer.7834 said:

@"UMS.1976" said:Nomost annoying matches are against clearly op power druids which are mostle unkillable and melt u with 1 button

If you cant kill power "druids" it is mostly a l2p issue.

This really depends on your class. If you're a scourge mirage or yolosmith maybe, but not everybody has the range, mobility or absurd burst to kill them before their invincible op pet slowly class you to death.

There is an issue with condi's strength in killing squishier units that should to be addressed when these builds can run more defensive, and are still bursty even after nerfs.There is an issue with how easy it is to cover scourges to keep them alive and range pressure should maybe shut them down a little harder.There is an issue with class stacking.Maybe Barrier's prior state was probably healthier for PvP.

However scourges keep bunkers from living forever on point, which I find giving bunkers free reign in a conquest game mode is wayyyy less fun.

@"Nilson.9865" said:Usually i jump into brawl with de77hck.png or 2T5soX3.png or 4obxoub.png or atZB9yZ.png or MBCjUZN.pngIt's cool i can ignore stuns, kbs,kds,dazes, fears with stability. Such useful boon. Until scourge appear. From that moment my fencing is over. BecauseWEAKNESS>FEAR>OVER8 condis>FEAR>FEAR> -load in a 3 seconds. Fun ends here.

Lol the retribution trait that gives stab on dodging... nothing makes you more aware of how often your boons are getting corrupted than that trait

@Falan.1839 said:It depends, when you have people that actually know how to rotate around FB+Scourge and split them it can still be fun, if your team just goes Leroy Jenkins at mid and basically forces you to hard commit there unless you want to watch them die it's usually not a great game.

^ True, FB+Scg is indeed OP but it is not as OP people claim it to be, what I found to be most effective against them is mobility and burst. I once had a 2 Daredevil-Deadeye, 2 Eles (I played weaver bunker and the other was an FA Ele), 1 Renegade in my team (you can't get anymore anti-meta than this) versus 2 scourge, 1 firebrand, and 2 other enemies who I've forgotten what there class were. First we decided not to swap, I told them that we might actually have a chance because of our superior single DPS burst and mobility by playing sides and trying to split their Scg and Fbd as best as we could, while our Rev constantly pressure mid and our FA Ele to rotate between three nodes wherever we need a burst (especially against scourge),This was a very close Plat match, and we won mostly by outmaneuvering. It took a lot of outplaying and the game overall felt like a guerrilla warfare this is probably because the map, Skyhammer, worked so well for our comp and the playstyle we adopted. This was one of my favorite PUG match because despite how non-meta we were we won against those hippies through fluid execution.

TLDR; FB+Scourge can be countered with mobility and bursts; however, it requires a demanding playstyle and it can be quite fun.

@Rufo.3716 said:It comes down to pretty much who has the scourge/FB combo. That and who has the most speed hackers. Unreal how many of those I've seen, wish they had a way to report them other than just e-mailing.

^^^this.But generally, the more scourges are in match, the less you can even think about nearing a point - red circles everywhere, might as well sit at spawn.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Rufo.3716 said:It comes down to pretty much who has the scourge/FB combo. That and who has the most speed hackers. Unreal how many of those I've seen, wish they had a way to report them other than just e-mailing.

^^^this.But generally, the more scourges are in match, the less you can even think about nearing a point - red circles everywhere, might as well sit at spawn.

I almost want anet to release a temporary patch until they release a full balance patch that just prevents scourges from casting shades on point.

Archived