Time to Buff Warrior Range(LongBow/Rife) Weapon (2 years no changes Q.Q

Jerry CCH.9816

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"LONGA.1652" said:Rifle do pitiful DPS despite being single target weapon. Mostly because of trait not synergy well . Would be nice to revert Berserker Primal burst Rifle. So it does pierce multiple target for PVE Only.

you do know that you can trait rifle to pierce enemies with all your skills??

Are we still able to trait our rifle to pierce now? Seems it is no longer the case now.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crack_Shot

Warrior rarely use rifle even in wvw now, it is a weapon indeed need some love.

Crack shot is a very bad trait, i think at least it should add some damage to rifle or increase attack speed for rifle...

Right now it competes to Warrior's sprint and sweet revenge, i don't get it when 99.9% warrior takes discipline line will take warrior's sprint already, why are we getting warrior's sprint buff on last balance patch. While 3% damage increase (pvp/wvw) is not very useful, it further trivialized the other 2 trait as well.

I wish we can see some rifle improvement or crack shot buff.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:But as you said Cross it's competing with warrior's sprint, so as far as WvW or PvP I don't see it ever getting used. As far as PvE goes it might see some use if it gets buffed.

Yes, that's why i think crack shot should be buffed in order to make rifle a solid weapon choice for warrior rifleman/gunflame build.Something like Rev Brutality, allow rifle shot to do additional effect while under might, maybe remove protection or apply slow with an iCD, to promote build diversity.

@Crossaber.8934 said:

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:But as you said Cross it's competing with warrior's sprint, so as far as WvW or PvP I don't see it ever getting used. As far as PvE goes it might see some use if it gets buffed.

Yes, that's why i think crack shot should be buffed in order to make rifle a solid weapon choice for warrior rifleman/gunflame build.Something like Rev Brutality, allow rifle shot to do additional effect while under might, maybe remove protection or apply slow with an iCD, to promote build diversity.

I'd like to see it gain an attack speed increase like ranger lead the wind has, or maybe the trait lets warrior rifle increase range to 1500, maybe both?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lead_the_Wind

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:They removed the pierce in the 1/26/2016 patch.

oh, lol havent played rifle since then, nvm my bad, why did they make that change?

They reworked a few of the skills and for some reason thought it would be overpowered or something if the auto attack pierced? I don't know, your guess is as good as mine. I thought they'd refine the balance on it more, but they just made that one change and seemingly forgot about it or something.

Yeah, rifle can hit pretty hard. You would be surprised how many players in WvW will let you killshot them for 12k. I like to throw in some quickness and signet of might as well. The target tracking on killshot even against stealthed targets is also a huge plus, more than one teef has cursed that ability after I down them with killshot.

I think a lot of Warriors also do not use the pierce potential enough either, plus you can stack some decent vulnerability on top of everything else.

It's pretty cool to dab rifle 2, rifle 4 (18 stacks of vulnerability), and then swap into a nice burst. A lot of enemies will just rush the Warrior when they see the rifle, this only opens them up more for this kind of set up.

I run it on my core main A/A-Rifle, and on a more specialized rifle centric S/SH-Rifle core build thats heavy in quickness and unblockable signet.

The main problem for me is the choice between Crack Shot and Warriors Sprint. The cool-down reduction helps so much and makes rifle smoother.

@sneakytails.5629 said:Yeah, rifle can hit pretty hard. You would be surprised how many players in WvW will let you killshot them for 12k. I like to throw in some quickness and signet of might as well. The target tracking on killshot even against stealthed targets is also a huge plus, more than one teef has cursed that ability after I down them with killshot.

I think a lot of Warriors also do not use the pierce potential enough either, plus you can stack some decent vulnerability on top of everything else.

It's pretty cool to dab rifle 2, rifle 4 (18 stacks of vulnerability), and then swap into a nice burst. A lot of enemies will just rush the Warrior when they see the rifle, this only opens them up more for this kind of set up.

I run it on my core main A/A-Rifle, and on a more specialized rifle centric S/SH-Rifle core build thats heavy in quickness and unblockable signet.

The main problem for me is the choice between Crack Shot and Warriors Sprint. The cool-down reduction helps so much and makes rifle smoother.

how can you even think about axe axe rifle, no way of kiting rly, ive used greatsword with rifle against necros in duells, because its a pain to full melee scourges but without gs to gain distance it wouldnt be very useful

Longbow is fine. It does extremely high condi dmg, and it's even meta for PvE.

However, rifle is extremely in need of work. Not only is the autoattack pathetically weak with a sluggish speed, limited to only a single target, but the rest of the kit lacks any sort of purpose beyond ranged damage. And it's not even good at that since Longbow (allegedly) does that better.

To elaborate on how pathetic the Rifle autoattack is, Hip Shop (Engineer) has both a superior cast time and superior damage, yet Hip Shop isn't even an Engineer's means of attack and is rarely used outside PvP. Yeah, the Warrior Rifle autoattack is so pathetic, it makes the Engineer pathetic autoattack look good.

So how can we fix this?

Firstly, of course, address the autoattack.

But more importantly, we must establish an identify for rifle. From looking at the autoattack and trait Crack Shot, it's quite obvious that Rifle is intended to build adrenaline as fast as possible and spam Kill Shot. Building on that premise, Kill Shot should be buffed, and the kit should revolve around complimenting it. Volley would need an attack speed decrease, and various skills throughout the kit, such as Rifle Butt, would work well with the ammunition mechanic.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:But as you said Cross it's competing with warrior's sprint, so as far as WvW or PvP I don't see it ever getting used. As far as PvE goes it might see some use if it gets buffed.

I'd like to see it gain an attack speed increase like ranger lead the wind has, or maybe the trait lets warrior rifle increase range to 1500, maybe both?

Your suggestion also sounds okay to me, but i doubt a higher RoF alone is competitive enough over warrior's sprint. I wish there is a unique mechanic that make it worthy to take crack shot over warrior's sprint.

@Crossaber.8934 said:

I'd like to see it gain an attack speed increase like ranger lead the wind has, or maybe the trait lets warrior rifle increase range to 1500, maybe both?

Your suggestion also sounds okay to me, but i doubt a higher RoF alone is competitive enough over warrior's sprint. I wish there is a unique mechanic that make it worthy to take crack shot over warrior's sprint.

I think the higher RoF and increased range added to what it already offers would be sufficient. The only other things I can think of would be increase how much adrenaline it gives or make it so you can move while you use your F1 skill.

It'd be good to see a rifle buff so that warrior has a proper answer to enemy ranged attackers that isn't just Bull's Charge 1200 range or GS 5 Rush 1200 range.

Like, Engineer rifle isn't even amazing but it's still better, plus it synergizes extremely well with engineer trait lines for things like super quickness uptime (spam rifle auto).

We'd be able to nerf mobility on other classes too since they won't have supreme kiting powers with 1200 range blinks. 900 seems like a good start for all of them (I'd like leaps to be 600 but REALLY fast instead of clunky). If you want to deal with ranged attackers, you take a ranged weapon, or tank your way to them instead of using gap closers (or a defensive off hand). Then to prevent REALLY annoying kiting, using mobility skills away from enemies (check if an enemy is within range of the skill after) and increase cooldown.

This would also help longbow as the hybrid range weapon, since you can poke at distance, or use it like a Warrior shotgun up close.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@LONGA.1652 said:Rifle do pitiful DPS despite being single target weapon. Mostly because of trait not synergy well . Would be nice to revert Berserker Primal burst Rifle. So it does pierce multiple target for PVE Only.

No they changed it. Some specific skills pierce on default but you cannot pierce with all skills.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@LONGA.1652 said:Rifle do pitiful DPS despite being single target weapon. Mostly because of trait not synergy well . Would be nice to revert Berserker Primal burst Rifle. So it does pierce multiple target for PVE Only.

No they changed it. Some specific skills pierce on default but you cannot pierce with all skills.

that was already made clear and i already apologized for my horrible mistake, better read the whole thread first

@RedShark.9548 said:

that was already made clear and i already apologized for my horrible mistake, better read the whole thread first

No need to apologize, just wanted to provide useful information. I read the part where you apologize, i just wanted to clarify that some skills still pierce.

Honestly I do think they could use some changes. Even with a full condi build the Longbow is very slow and clunky (PVE anyways, can't speak for PVP) and doesn't do much damage without blowing your Bursts, making it more of a gimmick weapon than a functional, individual weapon you'd want to use without having to build for it. It needs something else to stand out on its own, and if you ask me, the power damage should be touched up slightly to give Warriors a slightly more fitting ranged weapon.

Rifle I think is OK by itself, but it deserves having full pierce like it did back then. It's not fantastic for damage, but I think it does its job pretty well, all things considered. It could use some more utility in those skills though, but that's a Warrior class problem where most of its abilities offer nothing but raw damage and maybe a token CC with light mobility.

Archived