i saw this idea on forum more and more recently, id like to point out why this idea is bad and a step back .
- it's complicated to do , we need to add ui for that , rebalance phantasms damage again (anet certainly has to increase the damage of each phantasm and we don't need any more burst damage on mesmer . ) , rework few slow phantasms (iwarden ) , rebalance whole phantasm -> clone thing again (does replaced phantasm turn into clone ?). all for what , a single problem.
- it will once again punish mesmer for using their skills in a bad way .how it will be fun when we have to watch iwarden to finish its attack before we can cast forth phantasm .
- it will once again conflict with our class mechanics and many skills . it will pretty much make signet heal useless if its not bad already in pvp . and turn chrono f5 to double elite only again .
- anet clearly design new phantasm with slower attack for better counterplay /reaction . do you guys really want to revert that and go for a more burst design ? coz that's what anet has to do if they put a cap on number of phantasm .
now solution , note anet only needs to do 1-2 of them , not all
1. reduce resummoned phantasms damage in pvp , plain and simple solution .they have to put this function in pve version too but can be easily compensated with damage increase on other mesmer skills .
2 .im amazed no one mentioned this , increase daze duration on resummoned phantasm in pvp , 3s is more than enough .
3.heavily reduce resummoned phantasm hp in pvp .
4.reduce signet heal cd to 15-20s , but make it work like mimic with 2 charges .everytime u use that heal , you gain 2 charges which will recharge the next phantasm skill you use . this will hurt pve build burst potential but make more interesting gameplay , it also helps its heal capability and it's much easier to balance than one button that resets all .