8k critical deals 364 damage?

I was reading my combat log after I had a game where I fought a thief never went below 90% hp.On a zerk reaper.

Combat log stated:You critically hit X with gravedigger for 364* damage.This should have been a 4k - 7k+ crit.

I had no weakness on me and let's assume the thief had all protective buffs and heaviest tank build around..Is this possible?Is there a way for thief to negate this much damage when critically hit?

Just wondering.

GAME UPDATE NOTES: APRIL 01, 2018Bug Fixes

Ferocity now decrease the dmg you apply with a skill, in case of a crit the effect is doubled.

Seriously: Sounds very low, maybe a bug? Make a ticket with a screenshot of the combat log when happens to you continually

@Highlie.7641 said:shadow art's; cloaked in shadows, (can not be crit'ed while in stealth)Shadow arts: rendering shade (10% reduction in dmg vs boonless target)Shadow arts: resilence of shadows: (reduceds attack damage 25% in stealth)

Deadeyes: Iron sight: (incoming damage from marked target is reduced by 15%)Daredevil: weaking strikes: (10% reduction)

So about a 50% reduction or 45% with dd. without any toughness. completly doable, but still highly unlikely, as that thief would of hit like a wet noodle.

You wont see damage done if you hit something in stealth

@Odik.4587 said:

@"Miles Smiles.8951" said:You sure it wasn't a Holo? I did a two digit crit to a Holo today :D

Totally plausible it would've been a holo. Spectrum shield + protection can result in numbers like that.

Does engi have endure pain as warrior does btw?

Nope! The only temporary invuln we have as an individual skill is Elixir S, which we can't do anything while it's active.

That's actually a potential combination of several traits, boons, and skills working together.

The basic gist of it is this:

• Protection (boon) reduces damage by 33%
  • Spectrum Shield reduces damage by 50%

Right there we're at 83% damage reduction. Then we can throw in a few traits to spice it up!

• Light Density Amplifier -- 15% damage reduction while in Photon Forge -> 98% DR
  • Iron Blooded -- 2% damage reduction per boon on the engineer = >100% DR

However, let it be noted that this requires a very specific set of traits and skills that are not meta, and spectrum shield only lasts 4 seconds with a significant cooldown (40s) if you're not under the effects of >50% heat (20s if you are). In order to accomplish this, you need to meet the following criteria:

• Have protection on.
  • Be in Photon Forge mode.
  • Use Spectrum Shield.
  • Traited properly.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"Miles Smiles.8951" said:You sure it wasn't a Holo? I did a two digit crit to a Holo today :D

Totally plausible it would've been a holo. Spectrum shield + protection can result in numbers like that.

Nope!

That's actually a potential combination of several traits, boons, and skills working together.

Right there we're at 83% damage reduction. Then we can throw in a few traits to spice it up!
  • Light Density Amplifier -- 15% damage reduction while in Photon Forge -> 98% DR

However, let it be noted that this requires a very specific set of traits and skills that are not meta, and spectrum shield only lasts 4 seconds with a significant cooldown (40s) if you're not under the effects of >50% heat (20s if you are).

He arent used this -15% damage trait, it was static discharge build. If you see on screen he took full damage from confusions ,not even used Spectrum Shield... what the hell it was...

@Odik.4587 said:

Nope!

However, let it be noted that this requires a very specific set of traits and skills that are not meta, and spectrum shield only lasts 4 seconds with a significant cooldown (40s) if you're not under the effects of >50% heat (20s if you are).

He arent used this -15% damage trait, it was static discharge build. If you see on screen he took full damage from confusions ,not even used Spectrum Shield... what the hell it was...

The -15% DR trait is on holosmith. Static discharge is on tools.

Spectrum shield only does 50% DR on condi damage. Iron blooded would also mitigate condi damage by 2% per boon, but that's the max effect from condition damage reduction.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Nope!

Spectrum shield only does 50% DR on condi damage. Iron blooded would also mitigate condi damage by 2% per boon, but that's the max effect from condition damage reduction.

I know what you say but he didnt ran this -15% trait ,i dont know engis that bored enough to test it , i specced for power build ,not for condi , so i doubt my confusions supposed to be 50% stronger there + iron blooded.

@Odik.4587 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:maybe target had protection and great dwarf 50% damage redution as well ??

In 1x1 duel... sneaky revenants mate... (also i doubt there is anything that reduce damage to 0...something went wrong there xD)

Well damage reducers dont stack :P that's true.Maybe a jalis rev passed by and puled it, that why payign atention or screen/record the situation fast (maybe a keybind) can be helpfull to understand what targets have on them, then if boons/class traits dont make sense for damage reducing well that something that actually needs to be questioned..

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Nope! The only temporary invuln we have as an individual skill is Elixir S, which we can't do anything while it's active.

However, let it be noted that this requires a very specific set of traits and skills that are not meta, and spectrum shield only lasts 4 seconds with a significant cooldown (40s) if you're not under the effects of >50% heat (20s if you are). In order to accomplish this, you need to meet the following criteria:
  • Have protection on.
  • Use Spectrum Shield.
  • Traited properly.

Damage reduction does not stack additively it would add more like this:Someone attacks you for 1000 damage.Protection reduces it by 33% to 667 damage.Spectrum shield reduces it by 50% to 334 damage.Light density amplifier reduces it by another 15% to 284Iron blood...not a clue whether is a final value of 2% per boon so 5 boons would be a flat 10% or it has diminishing returns as above but regardless at this point it’s making very little difference, a 10% reduction would only mitigate 28.4 damage.It would be more like 72% damage reduction where protection and spectrum shield does most of the work.

It’s impossible to get 100% damage reduction (or supposed to be) by stacking damage reduction effects. The only way to get 100% damage reduction is when it explicitly states so on a skill.

@Odik.4587 said:

Nope!

I know what you say but he didnt ran this -15% trait ,i dont know engis that bored enough to test it , i specced for power build ,not for condi , so i doubt my confusions supposed to be 50% stronger there + iron blooded.

I think this is the build he was going for (or something very similar):http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUUB1Uh1IDGJDcJjFSDrf/FAPgjBgmzzRsVEcOOA-jJxHABiv/w3PAA9LDAwJAAA

I did tests with a build similar to this and was able to maintain almost a permanent 50% damage reduction to power damage (before spectrum shield was applied). Incredible damage due to nearly permanent quickness, spammable damage through static discharge, and lots of tankiness from straight damage reductions with moderate condi cleanse to deal with random condi application or very carefully let you fight condi focused builds. Hope this was at least somewhat helpful.

@apharma.3741 said:

• Have protection on.
  • Use Spectrum Shield.
  • Traited properly.

Damage reduction does not stack additively it would add more like this:Someone attacks you for 1000 damage.Protection reduces it by 33% to 667 damage.Spectrum shield reduces it by 50% to 334 damage.Light density amplifier reduces it by another 15% to 284Iron blood...not a clue whether is a final value of 2% per boon so 5 boons would be a flat 10% or it has diminishing returns as above but regardless at this point it’s making very little difference, a 10% reduction would only mitigate 28.4 damage.It would be more like 72% damage reduction where protection and spectrum shield does most of the work.

It’s impossible to get 100% damage reduction (or supposed to be) by stacking damage reduction effects. The only way to get 100% damage reduction is when it explicitly states so on a skill.

I've tested this and it's additive. I can get 100% damage reduction with engi builds using iron blooded, prot, and spectrum shield.

@Ario.8964 said:

Nope!

I think this is the build he was going for (or something very similar):

I did tests with a build similar to this and was able to maintain almost a permanent 50% damage reduction to power damage (before spectrum shield was applied). Incredible damage due to nearly permanent quickness, spammable damage through static discharge, and lots of tankiness from straight damage reductions with moderate condi cleanse to deal with random condi application or very carefully let you fight condi focused builds. Hope this was at least somewhat helpful.

I found out build he was using , seen him ydayhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUUBFJj1UBmXBcJjlKDTcZEAKPjfg1T7p/C+BHhA-jpQSABfWGAg9HAAMy fault for thinking he didnt use damage reduction xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I've tested this and it's additive. I can get 100% damage reduction with engi builds using iron blooded, prot, and spectrum shield.

So damage became 0 ? lol ?

@Ario.8964 said:

• Have protection on.
  • Use Spectrum Shield.
  • Traited properly.

Then it’s a bug because this happened with revs right of the great dwarf, it isn’t meant to stack additively.

@apharma.3741 said:

• Have protection on.
  • Use Spectrum Shield.
  • Traited properly.

Thumbs up, saved me a post ^^

@Odik.4587 said:

Nope!

I think this is the build he was going for (or something very similar):

I found out build he was using , seen him yday
My fault for thinking he didnt use damage reduction xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So damage became 0 ? lol ?

Yeah, I made a diviner build specifically for the purpose of maintaining perma every boon I can get and then stacking damage reduction so I take 0 damage when I use spectrum shield. It's not a meta level build but it can work in higher tiers if you position yourself correctly in fights and cycle cds properly.

Archived