Would DBL become more popular with no downed state applied permanently?

Ryudnard.2587

No down can be double edged. Still, I personally feel like DBL will attract more players by having this unique feature applied permanently.

• EBG will always will be the most popular map.
  • Alphine BL is as equally popular.
  • Desert BL needs to be differentiated. We're experiencing much faster tempo of the game with no downs, which the DBL can appreciate.
  • (New Map): No way points. Mounts available.

Weeeeeeell as opposed as I am to no downed state across the mode, a compromise wouldnt be all bad, if there are limitations. However I dont think the answer is to permanently separate it by map.

In that case, I would prefer to use an already existing and neglected mechanic - bloodlust. Because why not? It's called bloodlust after all. Just a shorter time of no downstate for all 3 sides on the map it occured, then a cd until it can happen again. Servers can tactically trigger it for large pushes or it can happen randomly as people cap central points. Reminds me of the DBL oasis event that Anet deleted because they couldnt fix the lag. At least no downed state doesnt cause lag.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Weeeeeeell as opposed as I am to no downed state across the mode, a compromise wouldnt be all bad, if there are limitations. However I dont think the answer is to permanently separate it by map.

In that case, I would prefer to use an already existing and neglected mechanic - bloodlust. Because why not? It's called bloodlust after all. Just a shorter time of no downstate for all 3 sides on the map it occured, then a cd until it can happen again. Servers can tactically trigger it for large pushes or it can happen randomly as people cap central points. Reminds me of the DBL oasis event that Anet deleted because they couldnt fix the lag. At least no downed state doesnt cause lag.

I never understood why they didn't just get rid of the blinding lag inducing laser, and just damage those non friendly structures by some other means?

The fight around the event was usually good...

@Dawdler.8521 said:Weeeeeeell as opposed as I am to no downed state across the mode, a compromise wouldnt be all bad, if there are limitations. However I dont think the answer is to permanently separate it by map.

this is interesting.

@"Ryudnard.2587" said:No down can be double edged. Still, I personally feel like DBL will attract more players by having this unique feature applied permanently.

• EBG will always will be the most popular map.
  • Alphine BL is as equally popular.
  • Desert BL needs to be differentiated. We're experiencing much faster tempo of the game with no downs, which the DBL can appreciate.
  • (New Map): No way points. Mounts available.

Ahahaha. So people don't like that even with updates it still takes longer to run across the desert map (unless you take shrines and port between them). And now you also add "hey, thief ganked your small mini-group so you'd better run back" "bonus"? Are you sure you're trying to make red bl more popular? Cause sounds quite the opposite -- combine into sizeable blob or suffer through "faster" combat. Though I don't mind to keep all stealth gank classes to one map. Thief/mesmer? Off you go to red bl, trying to gank other thieves and mesmers. Everyone else will stack EBJ/Alpine.

The most likely reason I quit a WvW session is spending too much of MY time running back to the action. The other thing about DS is that it provided you with an opportunity to do 'A Good Thing' for another player.

Shameful of Anet developers to encourage more solo ganking/hacked builds and a less friendly game. Giving the length of time OP builds have been allowed to exist for in PvP I am beginning to wonder if Anet are employing developers with the right attitude for the entertainment business.

Archived