[Suggestion] Rune and Sigil storage in the Bank

Umut.5471

Hello,I think this feature would help a lot while opening loot bags and salvaging low quality gear."Salvage All" feature is a good QoL addition, but those sigils and runes start filling your inventory and you need to sell themafter you salvage few times in order to keep your inventory space. Minor, Major and Superior Sigils and Runes should have theirstorage spaces in the bank just like deposited materials. That would help a lot. We could open the bank and sell them when we are able to do it.Deposit materials feature should send them to the bank as well.

@"Umut.5471" said:Hello,I think this feature would help a lot while opening loot bags and salvaging low quality gear."Salvage All" feature is a good QoL addition, but those sigils and runes start filling your inventory and you need to sell themafter you salvage few times in order to keep your inventory space. Minor, Major and Superior Sigils and Runes should have theirstorage spaces in the bank just like deposited materials. That would help a lot. We could open the bank and sell them when we are able to do it.Deposit materials feature should send them to the bank as well.

Either that or make them salvageable as well, since they are crafted from actual materials, after all.So why not give you one ore for salvaging that sigil?

@Plautze.6290 said:

@"Umut.5471" said:Hello,I think this feature would help a lot while opening loot bags and salvaging low quality gear."Salvage All" feature is a good QoL addition, but those sigils and runes start filling your inventory and you need to sell themafter you salvage few times in order to keep your inventory space. Minor, Major and Superior Sigils and Runes should have theirstorage spaces in the bank just like deposited materials. That would help a lot. We could open the bank and sell them when we are able to do it.Deposit materials feature should send them to the bank as well.

Either that or make them salvageable as well, since they are crafted from actual materials, after all.So why not give you one ore for salvaging that sigil?

That's also a good solution. The ability to salvage runes and sigils.

When you salvage an item with a rune or sigil in it the whole thing should be salvaged (including the rune/sigil)If you want to remove and keep a rune or sigil you should have to use a black lion kit to do so.I'm so tired of having to sell or delete trash runes and sigils in my bags.

• 1 month later...

Just make another button in vendor window -> "Sell all common runes/sigils" (green quality). Maybe a checkbox in game options for selling those with "sell junk" function? Nobody likes to spend more time managing inventory than playing the game itself... and it's not so hard to fix I guess.

@Plautze.6290 said:

I prefer this idea. Letting us store them in the material storage is just delaying the problem, you'll still have to clear them out and sell them to a merchant when it gets full. I'd rather salvage them, even if it was just for 1 ore.

IMO it would also be sensible to remove minor and major sigils from level 80 equipment drops. The root of the problem is that there's far, far more of both in the game than players are ever likely to need. They don't sell on the TP because no one buys them, because everyone gets more than they need themselves. Leaving them on lower level equipment maintains a supply, focused on the people who are most likely to actually want them, whilst reducing the overall amount entering the game. It won't be a quick fix but long-term I think it'd help.

@Danikat.8537 said:

I prefer this idea. Letting us store them in the material storage is just delaying the problem, you'll still have to clear them out and sell them to a merchant when it gets full. I'd rather salvage them, even if it was just for 1 ore.

IMO it would also be sensible to remove minor and major sigils from level 80 equipment drops. The root of the problem is that there's far, far more of both in the game than players are ever likely to need. They don't sell on the TP because no one buys them, because everyone gets more than they need themselves. Leaving them on lower level equipment maintains a supply, focused on the people who are most likely to actually want them, whilst reducing the overall amount entering the game. It won't be a quick fix but long-term I think it'd help.

Thats not actually the problem...... the real issue is the "viability" of sigils and runes vary too heavily in buildcraft. 90% of power builds that people run have Force sigil, Boon builds run Durability or Leadership, Scholars for power damage, Trapper/Nightmare for Condi. Theres almost no reason to deviate from many of these beyond cost, because the functions or stats of the rune are either integral to a build, or just purely additive.

Now if we were to make sigils salvageable, all that would do is cap the price of drop based one the average return of materials it turns into. While it raises the value, its still not making them useful, only feed more mats into the market (for better or worse) and still have the problem of items that salvage into something not valuable basically being worth nothing, while ones that do would fall into the speculation game. Another question would be, what if Sup Sigil/Runes were made eligible for MF?

The best option is to improve the standing in buildcraft.... but that can't happen when we have so few slots in gear to work with. This is why find the MF forge approach the best overall...... it gives us something to do with them, without artificially inflating their secondary value , creating a day 1 gold rush that drives up their prices because of the Material value, and doesn't cause weird fluctuations when mat values swing. In short, they'll still float on their vendor value, but the surplus can inconsistently produce a good sigil if people are willing to sink the silver value on a gamble. At least this way they don't pile up.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

Thats not actually the problem...... the real issue is the "viability" of sigils and runes vary too heavily in buildcraft. 90% of power builds that people run have Force sigil, Boon builds run Durability or Leadership, Scholars for power damage, Trapper/Nightmare for Condi. Theres almost no reason to deviate from many of these beyond cost, because the functions or stats of the rune are either integral to a build, or just purely additive.

Now if we were to make sigils salvageable, all that would do is cap the price of drop based one the average return of materials it turns into. While it raises the value, its still not making them useful, only feed more mats into the market (for better or worse) and still have the problem of items that salvage into something not valuable basically being worth nothing, while ones that do would fall into the speculation game. Another question would be, what if Sup Sigil/Runes were made eligible for MF?

The best option is to improve the standing in buildcraft.... but that can't happen when we have so few slots in gear to work with. This is why find the MF forge approach the best overall...... it gives us something to do with them, without artificially inflating their secondary value , creating a day 1 gold rush that drives up their prices because of the Material value, and doesn't cause weird fluctuations when mat values swing. In short, they'll still float on their vendor value, but the surplus can inconsistently produce a good sigil if people are willing to sink the silver value on a gamble. At least this way they don't pile up.

I think we're talking about two different issues here. I was specifically talking about Minor and Major sigils & runes. No one is going to use those in their build for a level 80 character no matter what the stats are because they can easily get a Superior version of the same thing. Unless of course the character is below level 60, in which case they'll almost certainly not be worrying about their build that much and will get plenty as drops.

Yes it would be great if a wider range of sigils and runes (and equipment generally) were useful, but it's not going to provide a use for all the low level upgrades currently in the game, or all the ones that keep appearing from drops.

@Danikat.8537 said:

I think we're talking about two different issues here. I was specifically talking about
Minor and Major sigils & runes
. No one is going to use those in their build for a level 80 character no matter what the stats are because they can easily get a Superior version of the same thing. Unless of course the character is below level 60, in which case they'll almost certainly not be worrying about their build that much and will get plenty as drops.

Yes it would be great if a wider range of sigils and runes (and equipment generally) were useful, but it's not going to provide a use for all the low level upgrades currently in the game, or all the ones that keep appearing from drops.

The minor and major ones can simply be tossed into the MF on the off chance they promote.

Archived