"Target the Necro"

Arheundel.6451

Sometimes I wonder how necro players feel knowing that all burst specs will jump on them like starving hyena at the sight of a juicy lamb....I tend to "detonate" necros, the second they show up on the point or close proximity.....for a brief moment I feel pity for them...then I remember the cancer they bring if left alive for more than 20s...NO MERCY

Decent ones use that to their advantage through positioning, you don't really see that many Plat 2/3 Scourges standing straight in the middle of a point during a teamfight, they force people to over-extend to get to them, which in turn makes them vulnerable, specially since burst specs tend to be a hella lot squishier than them.

That or they run with a pocket Firebrand.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Sometimes I wonder how necro players feel knowing that all burst specs will jump on them like starving hyena at the sight of a juicy lamb....I tend to "detonate" necros, the second they show up on the point or close proximity.....for a brief moment I feel pity for them...then I remember the cancer they bring if left alive for more than 20s...NO MERCY

It's actually quite fun, do a little kiting and watch 3+ people running miles off Node, chasing you like headless chicken and then getting picked one by one if your team knows what to do.

Doesn't always work out though, often you just get deleted in seconds no matter shrouds or stabs .

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:They probably feel the same as me playing zerker staff ele in pvp.Oh I remember you guys all the way back in Core days, I always call them those kinds of people (like people who laugh evilly and go straight for Warlock at WoW's character creation).

Those first wipes on mid because nobody expects a full Berzerker ammy Staff Ele are always hilarious (even on receiving end). Then of course the rest of the match derails into the chase the Ele game, with that Ele's team frantically babysitting it to make sure it gets one more cast off (no worries if you die, there's always double Lava Tomb).

@Alatar.7364 said:It's actually quite fun, do a little kiting and watch 3+ people running miles off Node, chasing you like headless chicken and then getting picked one by one if your team knows what to do.Playing Necro (in HoT) I finally knew what it meant to be persecuted. I never learned to dodge kitten and jump puzzle so fast in my life. Actually rotating into a fight and blowing people up with Reaper procs is one thing, frantically trying to not die and end up contributing more to team that way makes me feel so used man.

Because necro can't teleport, can't use quite invulnerabilities, can't go stealth, can't put on some block and don't have evade frames. Basically necro is a damage pillow, which spoils dpser's life if left untouched.Kill or be killed easy as that.

as a scourge i dont mind dying as long as i win in the end , to do that you need to survive just long enough for your team to kill the guys who killed you or atleast tried to.it does teaches you a certain aspect of the game in which you have to always be aware of your surroundings , especially burst class which will come straight at you.

Necro has always been prime target in this game for obvious reasons: high impact, low mobility. But on higher skill levels this rule won't grant you success.

The necro is not always the best target. E.g. not, when babysitted by a firebrand (who dies a lot faster when focused) or when the necro has good positioning.

Knowing the synergies certain team comps create and abusing its weaknesses is key at the end of the day.

I won a lot of games because the opposite team tried hard to kill me while I was just repositioning all the time while letting my team nuke on the opposite team.

It's been this way since launch. Neco's are the only class you can successfully focus in this game. Other classes have blocks, invulns, evades, and other escape tools to disengage and so on. Necro's have very few disengage tools. Aside from Scourge, they also can't be supported like other classes can.

This is old news.

@dDuff.3860 said:Because necro can't teleport, can't use quite invulnerabilities, can't go stealth, can't put on some block and don't have evade frames. Basically necro is a damage pillow, which spoils dpser's life if left untouched.Kill or be killed easy as that.

This is why I have fun running Flesh Wurm and Spectral Walk on my Reaper... People drool over the thought of the Necro not being able to out maneuver them that it becomes incredibly easy to kite them to their deaths.

it takes advantage of a players over confidence and their perspective of normality, it's fun.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Sometimes I wonder how necro players feel knowing that all burst specs will jump on them like starving hyena at the sight of a juicy lamb....I tend to "detonate" necros, the second they show up on the point or close proximity.....for a brief moment I feel pity for them...then I remember the cancer they bring if left alive for more than 20s...NO MERCY

Well they probably would have felt a lot better if arenanet actually fixed conditions 4 years ago instead of plotting on making classes that justify their game breaking nature.

@phs.6089 said:Sometimes I wonder why my party targets necro, when there is a FB or druid or tempest or all 3 of them babysitting necro. WHY???

Speaking from a Druids perspective, getting focused even when not running a bunch of defensive CDs like the meta Druid build it’s extremely easy for me to either nope out, full heal, and come back, or for me to lure 2-3 people away from the fight for long enough for my team to win easily and punish people for chasing the target. Also stealth drops target....

That and necros are typically very slow, have very few defensive CDs outside of their massive health bar via shroud/barrier and can typically be bursted through the support quite easily.

Archived