Deepstone is beautiful

This fractal beautiful and (I guess this will prove to be an advantage in the long run) abysmally short. With no spoiling it (even though it has as much context as Swampland and there's nothing to spoil) there are only 2 champions and 1 boss, with 3 minor puzzle segments in between. It is much less "annoying" than Twilight Oasis in this sense, and I'd say it's even lighter than Cliffside, specially after people get the hang of it.

Also, it would be a marvelous thing if they actually had a CM for this and developed the Lore in it. Unless they're planning to release a raid themed with dwarves, this is as blank as Swampland when it comes to actually having any story. So the gist of it is: marvelous art design, very decent level design, definitely a repeatable fractal, but very weak boss-wise and lore-wise.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@Sublimatio.6981 said:it has it all.

Doesnt have a cm but w/e.

how is CM mechanic a measure of visual beauty, which is the theme of this thread?

@Sublimatio.6981 said:it has it all.

Doesnt have a cm but w/e.

how is CM mechanic a measure of visual beauty, which is the theme of this thread?

Cm usually changes the tint of the environment :^)

Deepstone is indeed beautiful.

Now for those complaining about the difficulty, take a look at the position of Deepstone on the Fractal Scale. Fractals 100 and 99 are the hardest ones, Deepstone highest scale is at 84. We are missing 6 fractals to reach 25, some of those will have CMs and will be hard, others will be easy, so there is a good amount of hard and easy fractals. Chill with the difficulty.

@maddoctor.2738 said:Deepstone is indeed beautiful.

Now for those complaining about the difficulty, take a look at the position of Deepstone on the Fractal Scale. Fractals 100 and 99 are the hardest ones, Deepstone highest scale is at 84. We are missing 6 fractals to reach 25, some of those will have CMs and will be hard, others will be easy, so there is a good amount of hard and easy fractals. Chill with the difficulty.

I agree with madd, you need to have some variety to the difficulty. I enjoyed the atmosphere and environment of this map, which I felt was very unique to the fractals.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Deepstone is indeed beautiful.

I heartfully agree with the sentiment, but that particular fractal feels so beautiful and, coming from GW1, there's also a small hint of nostalgia that makes me want it to be "fully" unleashed as a fractal (as in having a CM as well as what it already has, with skins in particular), with maybe more lore to go with it. Kind of like it was the best way to do justice to the original White Mantle story arc by using a raid.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Deepstone is indeed beautiful.

I heartfully agree with the sentiment, but that particular fractal feels so beautiful and, coming from GW1, there's also a small hint of nostalgia that makes me want it to be "fully" unleashed as a fractal (as in having a CM as well as what it already has, with skins in particular), with maybe more lore to go with it. Kind of like it was the best way to do justice to the original White Mantle story arc by using a raid.

Once Anet finishes adding new fractals, we may find them go back and add CMs to them.

I hate the new fractal. After Oasis MESS I was so looking forward to something new and fresh. I find the mechanics boring, the music terrible and also I´m scared of spiders. I don´t like the way fractals are going. It was looking so good when they introduced Chaos and Nightmare, after that only downhill. Please don´t flame me, It´s only my opinion and I will respect everyone elses.

19 fractals in and we have like 4 or 5 hard ones. Nice...

@zealex.9410 said:

Still have another 7 spots left and who knows when those are done they might add CMs to the rest.

@zealex.9410 said:

19 fractals in and we have like 4 or 5 hard ones. Nice...Oh, i agree. It
is
nice (no sarcasm here). And it's even nicer that they didn't feel the need to push the difficulty envelope once again this time. That makes me a bit more hopeful for the future.

@Tyson.5160 said:

Still have another 7 spots left and who knows when those are done they might add CMs to the rest.

Wouldn't count on it, when Shattered Observatory came out there was like 10-15 threads about how hard it was and people whining about it's difficulty. The funny thing is it's insanely easy once you figure out the mechanics , but that's the problem. They want it to be like a PoF bounty hunt , not a dungeon that requires just a little bit of teamwork to complete.

I have a feeling this is the reason they decided to do this fractal, to appease to that major audience over pushing out harder fractals. We'll see, maybe from this point on they possibly feel raid content cover the more advanced portion and fractals should be in between HoT/PoF event content and Raid content.

I'm not a part of this group and I want fractals to be harder in general, but I can understand where people come from because really MOST people really just want to do fractals for the daily rewards and get out for the easy money/materials. Since Deepstone is a small and easy fractal, it's a blessing from that aspect.

On that note, I deem instabilities (and the now daily rotation of said mechanic) to be limiting if they are not redesigned in the future.

As they are now, fractal completion time is less dependent on skill (which still is a factor) and more about the instabilities. All T4 with No Pain; No Gain? GL if you don't have Necros, Spellbreaker or a Chrono in your team. Same goes for Deepstone once we roll Social Awkwardness, Toxic Trail and Fluxbomb for the labyrinth puzzle. Sure, it is completable but it will also be a huge nuisance.

Outside of Mist Convergence and Flux Bomb in Twilight Oasis or Shattered Observatory I don't like instabilities at all. The former is at least "random" enough to keep you on your toes (but could still get some new effects to roll from) and the latter has a certain "skill" factor added to it in these two fractals. It feels good to avoid the bomb with a timed jump/special action key. All the others are just passive effects, like Dredge being immune to blind or fire elementals being immune to burning. Worst case they make certain strategies unusable for the day they are active (LOS-Stacking with Last Laugh and Social Awkwardness) which still does not hamper my groups and only arbitrary increases time spent.

There are only 2 Fractals so far at "fixed" points, Shattered Observatory is 25/50/75/100 and Nightmare is at 24/49/74/99Let's check the rest of the Fractals and how many times they appear:Aetherblade: 5Aquatic Ruins: 4Captain Mai Trin: 4Chaos Isles: 7 (!!!)Cliffside: 6Deepstone: 4Molten Boss: 4Molten Furnace: 5Nightmare: 4Shattered Observatory: 4Snowblind: 7 (!!!)Solid Ocean: 5Swampland: 6Thaumanova: 6Twilight Oasis: 4Uncategorized: 7 (!!!)Underground: 6Urban Battleground: 6Volcanic: 6

We have 6 Fractals that appear only 4 times each, while there are 3 that appear 7 times. The Fractals that have 4 will likely not change until we get to number 25, as we get closer to it, the "order" of appearance will be set and the order will likely show us the difficulty too. The closer to the end, the harder.

This fractal is really bad excepted the the architecture why ? Because there is not challenge : You can just dps and spam during all this fractal ! The monsters are copied and nothing innovative soo .... Maybe if you are casu player you appreciate this because it's easy but something too easy is dissapointing with the long term. So i will hope CM mode but nothing . The narration wasn't worked enought and we don't understand why we do this excepted we help 2 treasure hunters. thx to do something for the next example : create new boss this time will be fine yet ! and avoid mecanics where we need to wait to kill some light to load a bar.

Archived