Beetle mount bottleneck.

Andy.5981

I really don't know what you were thinking when you decided to put the Hearty Beetle Slime required for the Beetle Feed Collection on one single Beetle that spawns during an event that takes approx. 15 mins to respawn. Not only that it has a ridiculously low amount of health.

Due to the fact that quite a few people want the new mount its being camped to hell, by large numbers of people and drops very very quickly, so quickly in fact that some people cannot even target and fire before it dies.

There is a solution. There are more than enough beetles that spawn in that area, fairly quickly so why don't you add the drop to those creatures?

Many previous collections required just as much, if not more, waiting for events to spawn. This is nothing new.I believe that getting the Roller Beetle was made very easy compared to the previous mounts.

As for the Silverwastes' Alpha Beetle having low health: it is not an enemy intended to get killed by a full squad. ;) I agree that ANet should have adjusted the foe to scale when they decided to make this part of the collection.

I mean it's only really an issue because of the sheer number of people who want it - as in, in a few months, it'll be killed relatively often (as opposed to prevoously: never) but there won't be any/much competition for it.

That said, i do agree. Scaling mayhaps work very well as mentioned above - there are already veteran mobs which do scale appropriately to group sizes so.

I'm not sure what their intention was with normal vs alpha beetles, but putting it on normal beetles would work too- though i feel that'd be a redundant change when a little time passes.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Part of this also comes down "don't be an kitten". It is not necessary to do your full DPS rotation on it. This one of the times where 1111111 is the right thing to do.

Totally agree, same happens with the Spider Queen part too. Far too many players refuse to listen to the voice of reason to not use Mount skill 1, to turn off pet autoattack and not to drop tons of AE all over the place. Pressing 1 a few times gets the reward.

Hopefully the Devs will listen to the feedback.

@Andy.5981 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Part of this also comes down "don't be an kitten". It is not necessary to do your full DPS rotation on it. This one of the times where 1111111 is the right thing to do.

Totally agree, same happens with the Spider Queen part too. Far too many players refuse to listen to the voice of reason to not use Mount skill 1, to turn off pet autoattack and not to drop tons of AE all over the place. Pressing 1 a few times gets the reward.

well anet heard you guys ! it's now a champion ! A GROUP EVENT CHAMPION LEVEL 80 ! HURRAY ! ... let's hope they dont forget to change it back later , after ls4p3 is "no longer uptodate."

@Chazz.6709 said:

well anet heard you guys ! it's now a champion ! A GROUP EVENT CHAMPION LEVEL 80 ! HURRAY ! ... let's hope they dont forget to change it back later , after ls4p3 is "no longer uptodate."

Heh did they? :)

There is an event in Mount Maelstrom that used to have a veteran spider but it had the HP of a champion. They "fixed" it by making it a champion but it became a champion with the HP of a veteran.

Blame it on the greed of the players instead. Most people feel they have to burst things sadly ruining it for many. I waited 30 mins or so after it had been burst twice before. We kept pointing out to the people showing up to just use auto attk so all could tag. Everyone followed that and 15 of us got the tag then. Same for the Spider Queen. It's the players NOT anet.

@Tasida.4085 said:Blame it on the greed of the players instead. Most people feel they have to burst things sadly ruining it for many. I waited 30 mins or so after it had been burst twice before. We kept pointing out to the people showing up to just use auto attk so all could tag. Everyone followed that and 15 of us got the tag then. Same for the Spider Queen. It's the players NOT anet.

EXACTLY ! ... which kinda surprise me tbh ... back in the days tags and chat complained about more dps or stop doing autoattack and being usefull .... now it's kinda the opposite lol ... i blame raids lmao :D .

Well actually i was expecting to sit longer on it , but nope i didnt . i was rather quickly done with it :D and as i mentioned once it's strange ...

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:Part of this also comes down "don't be an kitten". It is not necessary to do your full DPS rotation on it. This one of the times where 1111111 is the right thing to do.

There is an event in Mount Maelstrom that used to have a veteran spider but it had the HP of a champion. They "fixed" it by making it a champion but it became a champion with the HP of a veteran.

WOW ? really ? :D didnt know that :D but yes they did in one of the previous patches you can read it :D

@Chazz.6709 said:

@Tasida.4085 said:Blame it on the greed of the players instead. Most people feel they have to burst things sadly ruining it for many. I waited 30 mins or so after it had been burst twice before. We kept pointing out to the people showing up to just use auto attk so all could tag. Everyone followed that and 15 of us got the tag then. Same for the Spider Queen. It's the players NOT anet.

EXACTLY ! ... which kinda surprise me tbh ... back in the days tags and chat complained about more dps or stop doing autoattack and being usefull .... now it's kinda the opposite lol ... i blame raids lmao :D .

Well actually i was expecting to sit longer on it , but nope i didnt . i was rather quickly done with it :D and as i mentioned once it's strange ...

@Khisanth.2948 said:Part of this also comes down "don't be an kitten". It is not necessary to do your full DPS rotation on it. This one of the times where 1111111 is the right thing to do.

WOW ? really ? :D didnt know that :D but yes they did in one of the previous patches you can read it :D

I am aware of the patch but ANet's fixes are sometimes impressive for the wrong reasons ...

Archived