ITT: We bring up every unresolved plot thread that has been brought up, GW1 or 2. Spoilers abound!

Rockin Twilight Sparkle.26

Maybe this thread has been done before but it sounds like a fun talk to me so lets do it again!And it doesn't have to be all plot threads. Things that are there and just not given explanation basically ever are fair game too, that 'because its there' feeling that you get from something like... the Wizards Tower, because thats something that drew my eye in GW2 (because I played it first) and then seeing it in GW1 also?

Something that came to my mind and I kinda fixated on when I started thinking about this thread was Magdaer. We go through the story version of Ascalaonian Catacombs because Eir thought remaking the sword would be a way to bring Logan and Rytlock back together, because Eir is a fool.

Obviously there's Duchess Chrysanthea, Malyck and his tree, basically everything else about the Nightmare Court... I dunno if The Soundless could count.

There's the Bloodstone Caves door in Straits of Devastation

There's that section of road thats closed off in Brisban Wildlands, the blocked off road in Sparkfly Fen (which looks like it definitely has some space before it ends up getting to Southsun Cove)

I feel like Arachnia is worth an honorable mention, only because I got a vague vibe of something related to it from Deepstone (which is probably just me wanting SOMETHING to actually come out of Deepstone)

I'm probably forgetting a lot but those are a couple that bug me (Nightmare Court isn't so much, I just know that Malyck is gonna be one that gets mentioned because everyone likes salads for some reason

MalyckThere was the ring alleged to show the true heir of Kryta.MalyckIdentity of EMalyckMalyckMalyckMalyckMalyck....

And hundreds more.

There is a thread about it in a previous forum chat that anet replied to. E was raised and it seemed clear that early ideas were developed fir many of these, but when direction changed tack, these kinda got phased out or backburned. E being one of them.

Mai Trin

Zojja

The thing between Rox and Monti Scythescrape (or

however that’s written)

Locket from LS2

Taimi’s disease

The heck happened to Scarlet’s Alliance??

E

Auris Weirdbringer

Shadowstone or Krait Oil plot ( There was some foreshadowing about the Commander going insane from consuming too much magic )

Ley line anomalies

Nightmare Court

Arkk

That’s all I can think of right now

@Anna.7845 said:

@Anna.7845 said:ArkkThat’s all I can think of right now

who is Arkk is "explained" in the shaterred observatory fractal

No I meant what happened to him after the fractal

! Arrk, Yokko and Dessa have found out that they are actually part of a Fractal themselves (it has been hinted at even before that the lobby might have also been a fractal, and Arrk confirmed this in the end of the fractal). The dialogue after you defeat the boss explains what happened. Arrk thought he was stuck inside the Fractals and created the DDR to leave at the cost of destabilizing the whole structure. He didn't care about it because after all he thought he wasn't part of a fractal. In the end when he realizes what he and his mother are part of, he uses the DDR to stabilize themselves and repeat the fractal structure, in hope that some day something might change their situation, or at least that they won't stop seeing each other again as long as the structure repeats itself. As for who they originally were, Dessa and Arrk are at least older than the Sylvai being born as she doesn't recognize it. She apparently does not know about the Consortium either, but her origins I think are less important for exposition than the fact that she is a recurring structure inside the Mists and so is Arrk, even though he was somehow capable of destabilizing the whole thing himself (makes a lot of sense him being the "last boss" in this manner).

Unconnected fractal paths like Cliffside and origins of bosses like Skovald (although I somewhat appreciate the "mystery" aspect where some things are left unknown)

Malyk (obviously)

Ley line anomalies - I feel like the frequency of their appearances has increased recently after seeing one every single day including a spot in the FFA arena in PvP lobby (I didn't know it was even possible to see them there).

@"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

• Unconnected fractal paths like Cliffside and origins of bosses like Skovald (although I somewhat appreciate the "mystery" aspect where some things are left unknown)

This so much. I was actually kinda hype for Deepstone but without conclusive answers to it and really not a whole lot of anything to even speculate with?Feelsbadman

From GW1:-Who was Bahltek? Was he just a blowhard, or was he really delving into the secrets of the universe?-Where exactly was the golden city of the Mursaat?-Who build the original Rata Sum?-Who built the Eye of the North?-What happened to Menzies?-Why is there a Temple of Lyssa in Mineral Springs, and why is there weird stuff in it? (Seer, strange structures)-Wizard's Tower

Hmm some more that I've remembered

Origins of humans ( really, did they come from a future wasteland earth or something?)Origins of ViirastraDEEP SEA DRAGON'S NAMEBloodstone madnessMalyck's treeWhy hasn't Kessex Hills been cleaned up yetWhy are energy probes still aroundWhat's going to be done with the wreckage of the marionetteAaaand what's dark energy and light energy ( from prime hologram fight)

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:From GW1:-Who was Bahltek? Was he just a blowhard, or was he really delving into the secrets of the universe?-Where exactly was the golden city of the Mursaat?-Who build the original Rata Sum?-Who built the Eye of the North?-What happened to Menzies?-Why is there a Temple of Lyssa in Mineral Springs, and why is there weird stuff in it? (Seer, strange structures)-Wizard's Tower

I always suspected that Bahltek was tied to the Utopia story which would make sense if they were going into the Mists.

Wasn’t it speculated that the Mursaat city may have been north of Kryta, near BotP?

@Tyson.5160 said:Wasn’t it speculated that the Mursaat city may have been north of Kryta, near BotP?

I'm guessing so. It's not called the isles of Janthir for nothing. Somewhere up there there's got to be a lost city (likely absolutely crawling with damned jade armors) unless it turns up that not only did the titans hunt down and kill every Mursaat man,woman, and child, but they ground their city into dust just for the hell of it. That would be supremely disappointing. We keep getting new mysterious ruins of unknown civilizations and never seeing where the mysterious dying/dead/declined races we do know lived.

@Anna.7845 said:Mai Trin

Zojja

however that’s written)

Locket from LS2

Taimi’s disease

E

Auris Weirdbringer

Shadowstone or Krait Oil plot ( There was some foreshadowing about the Commander going insane from consuming too much magic )

Ley line anomalies

Nightmare Court

Arkk

I think scarlet's alliance ad nightmare court can be answered.

The alliance is now simply the inquest. It's all that's left.

The court became mordrem, and were wiped out.

Taimi's disease might be highlighted more in the current season. She just met the golem who used to be an Asura and I believe she's experimenting on herself.

@Lord Krilik.3692 said:

@Anna.7845 said:Mai Trin

Zojja

however that’s written)

Locket from LS2

Taimi’s disease

E

Auris Weirdbringer

Ley line anomalies

Nightmare Court

Arkk

I think scarlet's alliance ad nightmare court can be answered.

The alliance is now simply the inquest. It's all that's left.

The court became mordrem, and were wiped out.

Taimi's disease might be highlighted more in the current season. She just met the golem who used to be an Asura and I believe she's experimenting on herself.

Given Blish's reaction after being stuck in the crate and powered down in this episode, I'm thinking that's making Taimi reconsider that idea. It certainly would me if it meant I was Black Mirror style stuck with full mental awareness inside of pitch black nothing not knowing if I'll ever return or move on. Yeesh.

Given Blish's reaction after being stuck in the crate and powered down in this episode, I'm thinking that's making Taimi reconsider that idea. It certainly would me if it meant I was Black Mirror style stuck with full mental awareness inside of pitch black nothing not knowing if I'll ever return or move on. Yeesh.

Oh I don't think she plans to be a golem. I think she is using something else. I don't fully recall what it was. Perhaps the modrem chamber fluid? And given she's now teamed up with her friend who is looking at how the scarabs evolve, I'm guessing there will be something that ties all of this together.

@Lord Krilik.3692 said:

Oh I don't think she plans to be a golem. I think she is using something else. I don't fully recall what it was. Perhaps the modrem chamber fluid? And given she's now teamed up with her friend who is looking at how the scarabs evolve, I'm guessing there will be something that ties all of this together.

Oh, that's right. Forgot about that. I just thought you were referring to the golem thing because of her interaction with Blish during the Sandswept instance.

Archived