Why the Festival Tokens aren't wallet currency?

Title.

I 'm assuming this was overlooked, since the Festival of Four Years Ago Winds was last utilized when Wallets didn't exist. Can you please make these tokens a Wallet currency? They take way too much space for the ammounts you have to keep for some items (1600? lul)

@"TexZero.7910" said:it probably came up way too late in the update process for them to ship it this year.

What the dev said was...

anet_mattp wrote on reddit on 24 JulyWe are working on it! Unfortunately changes like this take a lot of testing and we weren't confident we could give it the attention it needed before the release. They will make their way in to the wallet at some point in the future.

That leaves it ambiguous as to whether we have to wait for next year's Four Winds or if it might get added during an upcoming patch.

@NoiseRen.2403 said:I feel your pain. It's really an illogical desicion.What we know is: they did decide to add it; it just wasn't ready.

Honestly it would feel like a waste, what happens when the festival is over and you have like... 3 tokens in your currency pouch, that will sit there for a year or however long until the next event. It isn't that much bag space, just deal with it.

@Gendou.9620 said:Honestly it would feel like a waste, what happens when the festival is over and you have like... 3 tokens in your currency pouch, that will sit there for a year or however long until the next event. It isn't that much bag space, just deal with it.

It isn't much bag space if you have less than 250 left. If you have more than that it will take up more space. No it's not a big deal ultimately, but it is annoying when there's already a solution in the game (the wallet) which just doesn't apply.

I imagine this being one of those things where part-way through updating the festival someone suddenly remembered the tokens should go in the wallet, and then didn't have time. Like me every time I cook something with a side dish that needs just a few minutes at the end like Naan bread or...actually any kind of bread that needs heating up. The number of times I've got everything on the table and then had to run back in the kitchen to shove it in the oven is ridiculous.

Hopefully even if they don't get it done for the end of the festival we won't have to wait until next year. Yes it'd be a big random to include this change in August or September when the festival is over, but it would still be a nice change.

.> @Deathmortus.7852 said:

And it's the same problem for Bauble... It should have a bank emplacement for those items...

I seem to remember hearing that merchants inside SAB won't work with the wallet for some reason, so baubles and other SAB tokens have to be separate. But I keep hoping they'll fix whatever the issue is and I can free up the spaces in my bank used for baubles, bauble bubbles, Crimson Assassin tokens and whatever else I've got.

@Gendou.9620 said:Honestly it would feel like a waste, what happens when the festival is over and you have like... 3 tokens in your currency pouch, that will sit there for a year or however long until the next event. It isn't that much bag space, just deal with it.

I much rather have a few spares in my Wallet, effectively costing me nothing to save, than have to store them in bank or a character's inventory, costing space.

@Deathmortus.7852 said:And it's the same problem for Bauble... It should have a bank emplacement for those items...These will never be in material storage because the mechanics of SAB don't allow access to the bank in the first place.

There's an argument to be made the the bubbles could be put in the wallet. However, it's hard to imagine that all that many people have more than 2 stacks of bubbles that they are saving, when the vendors that redeem them are available year round.

@Daishi.6027 said:It's a conspiracy to make you buy bag and bank slots.

The evidence is strongly against this idea since. If it were true, ANet would never have introduced the wallet, never added keys to it, never added dungeon currencies to it,never revamped material storage, and never added proof|testimonies of heroics, among other changes. If it were true, the material storage would never have been revamped to include LS mats, doubloons, any cooking ingredients, scribing materials, or festive mats.

@Rysdude.3824 said:

Yea I fell for it. Had to buy two bank slots because im sitting on 36k festival tokens.

Edit: or was. Just used’em tomes for spirit shards after buying the worthwhile things.

The evidence is strongly against this idea since. If it were true, ANet would never have introduced the wallet, never added keys to it, never added dungeon currencies to it,never revamped material storage, and never added proof|testimonies of heroics, among other changes. If it were true, the material storage would never have been revamped to include LS mats, doubloons, any cooking ingredients, scribing materials, or festive mats.

I was joking.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Jski.6180 said:I am guessing they forgot about it at some level they always do this.

We don't have to guess: they told us they planned on doing it; they just couldn't finish on time for this year's festival.

The other years where they did not have it they super did not finish it? What is anet spending all there time on?!

When the Wallet was first introduced it only held a total of 16 currencies, including Gold, Laurels, Karma, Gems. It was not updated to include other currencies for 2 years, long after we last visited either the Queen's festivities or the Labyrinthine Cliffs.

Archived