fractals are getting worst

jihm.2315

@Edgy McEdgelord.4790 said:Get yourself a buddy with somewhat decent knowledge and you can duo her god-shaped bottom to the ground pretty easily.I'm always pugging with a mate of mine and we can duo kill almost every fractal boss in case the group turns out to be a stack of carpets.

none of my friends plays this game any more and my guild is dead but thats not the point fractals should be challenging but not to the point that pugs get destroyed by weird mechanics the game needs to be more straight forward jumping on roofs all this time just to find spamala and get destroyed is not fun and it will never be

Everyone have diferent tastes i guess. My favorite fractal is 99CM. When i see SO, TO, Nightmare Volcanic, Uncategorised, Aetherblade,chaos and Molten boss daily I am very happy. As you can see most of them are new fractals. Deepstone looks cool but for me it is not that enjoyable mostly because last boss is easy but takes some time. It would be more interesting if players were dead after falling. Swampland is very fun but first part can be tricky for some random pugs.As for aquatic ruins, solid ocean and molten furnace they are in desperate need for rework since they are soooooo easy and boring. If I missed some then they are ok i guess.

@jihm.2315 said:

@"Edgy McEdgelord.4790" said:Get yourself a buddy with somewhat decent knowledge and you can duo her god-shaped bottom to the ground pretty easily.I'm always pugging with a mate of mine and we can duo kill almost every fractal boss in case the group turns out to be a stack of carpets.

none of my friends plays this game any more and my guild is dead but thats not the point fractals should be challenging but not to the point that pugs get destroyed by weird mechanics the game needs to be more straight forward jumping on roofs all this time just to find spamala and get destroyed is not fun and it will never be

i appreciate your problem(s).but my experience is... if you know the fight and what will happen - teach pugs (stay polite, suggest and you will get loads of positive feedback too. a good way to make new friends ingame too. maybe you are even recognised as a decent player yourself and people will start asking you, if you join their later attempts/t4 groups).start at t1 or t2 yourself and do it over and over again until you are comfortable, then go one tier higher. it takes time to learn. dont expect everyone (and yourself) to pull things off immediately = frustration level will be omfg.if it is not working at all you might want to try it another day again.

i used to be like "what the fuck, nobody know kitten" and getting angry every single day. its not worth it.take your time.some of the easier fractals have been around for years, so its natural, that many pugs will know how it works. again time !

cheers

@Aetatis.5418 said:

@"Edgy McEdgelord.4790" said:Get yourself a buddy with somewhat decent knowledge and you can duo her god-shaped bottom to the ground pretty easily.I'm always pugging with a mate of mine and we can duo kill almost every fractal boss in case the group turns out to be a stack of carpets.

i appreciate your problem(s).but my experience is... if you know the fight and what will happen - teach pugs (stay polite, suggest and you will get loads of positive feedback too. a good way to make new friends ingame too. maybe you are even recognised as a decent player yourself and people will start asking you, if you join their later attempts/t4 groups).start at t1 or t2 yourself and do it over and over again until you are comfortable, then go one tier higher. it takes time to learn. dont expect everyone (and yourself) to pull things off immediately = frustration level will be kitten.if it is not working at all you might want to try it another day again.

i used to be like "what the kitten, nobody know kitten" and getting angry every single day. its not worth it.take your time.some of the easier fractals have been around for years, so its natural, that many pugs will know how it works. again
time
!

cheers

nah id rather just not play them

@jihm.2315 said:

i appreciate your problem(s).but my experience is... if you know the fight and what will happen - teach pugs (stay polite, suggest and you will get loads of positive feedback too. a good way to make new friends ingame too. maybe you are even recognised as a decent player yourself and people will start asking you, if you join their later attempts/t4 groups).start at t1 or t2 yourself and do it over and over again until you are comfortable, then go one tier higher. it takes time to learn. dont expect everyone (and yourself) to pull things off immediately = frustration level will be kitten.if it is not working at all you might want to try it another day again.

i used to be like "what the kitten, nobody know kitten" and getting angry every single day. its not worth it.take your time.some of the easier fractals have been around for years, so its natural, that many pugs will know how it works. again
time
!

cheers

there lies the issue. no reason to whine then.

i am not talking about writing a guide for every profession. embrace simplicity, learn yourself, give short and significant advice, stay nice and just a little patient.nvm tho...

@Aetatis.5418 said:

time
!

cheers

i am not talking about writing a guide for every profession. embrace simplicity, learn yourself, give short and significant advice, stay nice and just a little patient.nvm tho...

You are assuming peoples time is without value or more simply put: you assume advice and taking time to teach people is something which comes at no cost.

After over 4 years of fractals, many experienced players have little time or desire to play the constant babysitter for things others could just as well read up on. It's old content. I give advice to guild members and friends, people I actually am invested in. A random PUG might get some friendly advice if I'm in a good mood, but I owe him nothing besides remaining civil and possibly leaving the group.

Expecting others to take time out of their day is quite egoistical. Especially for something which has such a vast amount of help, guides, videos and content one could use to further ones own knowledge if one so desired.

That is the actual issue, people not wanting to invest the little amount of time into being prepared.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

time
!

cheers

You are assuming peoples time is without value or more simply put: you assume advice and taking time to teach people is something which comes at no cost.

After over 4 years of fractals, many experienced players have little time or desire to play the constant babysitter for things others could just as well read up on. It's old content. I give advice to guild members and friends, people I actually am invested in. A random PUG might get some friendly advice if I'm in a good mood, but I owe him nothing besides remaining civil and possibly leaving the group.

Expecting others to take time out of their day is quite egoistical. Especially for something which has such a vast amount of help, guides, videos and content one could use to further ones own knowledge if one so desired.

That is the actual issue, people not wanting to invest the little amount of time into being prepared.

actually no. that is what you read into it. in fact i said almost the opposite of what you want to hear.i also said, that OP should go into lower fractals and learn them before doing them on t4 without preparation and maybe failing, because its "too hard".in addition i said, if its not working at all, go have a break or try another group. idk ^^

my time is limited aswell. i cant and i dont want to write a guide everytime i join a fractal myself. that doesnt mean i am unable to write or communicate things (in an MMO) in a matter of 2min. i'd rather write it down than wiping 3times. saves me time aswell.

@Aetatis.5418 said:

@Edgy McEdgelord.4790 said:Get yourself a buddy with somewhat decent knowledge and you can duo her god-shaped bottom to the ground pretty easily.I'm always pugging with a mate of mine and we can duo kill almost every fractal boss in case the group turns out to be a stack of carpets.

time
!

cheers

->
actually no. that is what you read into it. in fact i said almost the opposite of what you want to hear.
i also said, that OP should go into lower fractals and learn them before doing them on t4 without preparation and maybe failing, because its "too hard".in addition i said, if its not working at all, go have a break or try another group. idk ^^

my time is limited aswell. i cant and i dont want to write a guide everytime i join a fractal myself. that doesnt mean i am unable to write or communicate things (in an MMO) in a matter of 2min. i'd rather write it down than wiping 3times. saves me time aswell.

You on the issue of teaching PUGs:

@Aetatis.5418 said:

i appreciate your problem(s).but my experience is... if you know the fight and what will happen - teach pugs (stay polite, suggest and you will get loads of positive feedback too

You on spending more time on fractals:

@Aetatis.5418 said:i used to be like "what the kitten, nobody know kitten" and getting angry every single day. its not worth it.take your time.some of the easier fractals have been around for years, so its natural, that many pugs will know how it works. again time !

You directly answering and telling someone who says he simply decides to stick to experienced players:

@Aetatis.5418 said:

time
!

cheers

Now if I did misunderstand your point, I'm sorry. I won't accept being blamed for other people not wanting to put in the minimal amount of effort it takes to read a guide or watch a video or actually go through the natural progression of T1->T4.

I have helped PUG players in the past even when fractals where way less popular. I chose to help when and if I want to. I will leave a group if I don't feel like putting up with nonsense. If I spent as little as 10 extra minutes per day (since I'm back to running fractals daily), that's over 1 hour per week I have to invest. I neither have the will, nor the time to do so at this point in time.

if it is not working at all you might want to try it another day again.

i used to be like "what the kitten, nobody know kitten" and getting angry every single day. its not worth it.take your time.some of the easier fractals have been around for years, so its natural, that many pugs will know how it works. again time !

Good advice just for life in general. This kinda stress can be bad for you mentally and physically.

@"jihm.2315" said:older ones are simply better the two recent ones with priest spamala and deepstone are not pleasant at all stop dragging things over the edge being challenging and fun is one thing being obnoxious is another

Better is in the eye of the beholder. The only thing I don't like about Deepstone is that there doesn't seem to be a way to speed it up. For an experienced group, parts of it are tedious. For a PUG group, it takes actual coordination for now, until people figure out a "no talk" strategy that works for the puzzles. Or play (or swap to) a mesmer to blink through and portal the others.

@jihm.2315 said:

If you cater to pugs u will ealways miss the mark. Also u can make more friends and find diff guilds.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

time
!

cheers

U can always pre right what ever u might have to explain someone and copy paste it. It does wonders.

@Aetatis.5418 said:

time
!

cheers

actually no. that is what you read into it. in fact i said almost the opposite of what you want to hear.i also said, that OP should go into lower fractals and learn them before doing them on t4 without preparation and maybe failing, because its "too hard".in addition i said, if its not working at all, go have a break or try another group. idk ^^

Also id rather have the pug see the information fast in game than take longer to find a watch a 10 min guide of the fractal.

Older fractals where just too easy and booring. The 2 fractals you are talking about are the only fractals except from shattered and nightmare where you actually have to do more than auto boss... You shouldn't trivialize content only because pugs are pulling 3k dps and can't kill anything before being overwhelmed.

@zealex.9410 said:

time
!

cheers

Also id rather have the pug see the information fast in game than take longer to find a watch a 10 min guide of the fractal.

that... i absolutely agree on!

the visibility of mechanics and necessary things (e.g. mystic toilet recipes for rings) is so tedious. while at the beginning of the game that used to be part of the content... its now just awful.cc bars. is it explained somewhere ingame, where players really HAVE TO learn (about) it - in like "you dont get around it by skipping map completion and doing something else instead"? nope!

Beign nice is a good feature of good players. I remember when I was lv 76 and I wanted to do TA on story mode and ended up with someone wanting to do Achievements on Aetherblade path and two vets joined to help; that is a hard as heck path, but the people there, although I was just dead meat, just encouraged me to keep learning and playing the game. That is some player role I aspire to become, and i'm glad I could find people like that in my noobie stage.

Said that, I'm a decent T4 player, but still I have to admit I dont know the entirely of fractals mechanics. And these are things that I cannot read somewhere and you have to learn them through practice, so getting some feedback back and then is good (yesterday I crossed for my very first time the Deep path on Aquatic Fractal on T4, and it was because place is too damn dark and didn't understand well the Glowing Plant mechanic because usually someone just go up ahead).

@Naustis.8510 said:Older fractals where just too easy and booring. The 2 fractals you are talking about are the only fractals except from shattered and nightmare where you actually have to do more than auto boss... You shouldn't trivialize content only because pugs are pulling 3k dps and can't kill anything before being overwhelmed.

Hey if they keep nerfing classes thats all well be capable of of!(Sarcasm, dont hit me please!)

I kind of agree, but also i dont. Deepstones okay, i wish it had an actual..boss, that did something other than warp around the room, but i despise SO despite clearing it so many times and knowing the patterns. It more or less forces people to bring certain classes at least in my experience which i despise the idea of.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Amala is fine, everything before Amala is boring snoozefest.In your opinion. ;)

In this case, I agree: I think Amala is a fun fight. But I find it so tedious getting there no matter how efficient the group, it's a lot less fun by the end.

Deepstone is like Amala fractal but without Amala.I confess: I laughed aloud at that. It definitely feels a lot like a bunch of pre-boss obstacles without any actual boss at the end. (I don't think it's nearly as bad as TO, but perhaps because it's still new.)

On the other hand, I imagine the boss fight in Deepstone is a struggle for PUGs still, not to mention the puzzles leading up to the Voice.

Archived