Clipping is Really, Really Annoying

I just started my first female Asura Elementalist (I usually play Humans because I'm boring, so I never really saw this before), and wearing a staff is kind of irritating. The staff actually changes size when you draw it, and it's so low on her back that the bottom of the staff clips through the ground and the staff head clips through her hair and ears. I'm using the standard Fractal ascended staff skin, and because of the clipping the little danglies on the staff head go haywire since the physics engine doesn't know what to make of it.

Is it too much to ask for weapon size and positions to be looked at so they don't clip so badly?

I think all races and genders need a quality control pass over for sheathing locations, clipping, rigging issues and texture problems. Particularly Charr and Asura. I'd also like to an animation upgrade pass over all existing skill/attacks.

Please ANet!

It's been like that since launch, beta even, do you really think they're going to go back and fix it now? People have learned to live with it, it's the price we pay for what we get in variety(imagine how it would be with another race involved). They could stop doing new content and take a year to fix this problem, or you(we) could just ignore it and let them continue making new content, the choice is yours(ours).

@Kitty.6219 said:As a person who loves charrs I stand by you and I understand how you feel.

I mean racial armor for charr clips everywhere and the tail gets very weird for an armor that ONLY THE CHARR CAN WEAR.

Charr T3 chest armor (heavy) has a huge disgusting clipping when using 1h weapons. Right on the upper chest. No matter the size or body type. I genuinely don’t understand why :(

Hopefully next expansion will have more Charr story content and we’ll get decent armors?

Many of you make it sound like wanting proper-looking armor is a sin. Also, do a bit of research on how development works across the industry. The entirety of development wouldn't halt because of a pass at weapon sheathe positions and stuff. Anet isn't comprised of a small number of people, but rather multiple teams working concurrently.

As for the others, I actually do have a female Charr Ranger. I found a set that doesn't clip on her a long time ago (Twilight Arbor Medium, with CM shoulders) since many other options are rather misproportioned or prone to clipping, and just forgot about it. I was particularly annoyed on my Asura again since I had staffs going right through her head, something I hadn't seen yet and was a bit harder to avoid than my Charr clipping. All the good staff skins seem to clip.

@Emberstone.2904 said:I just started my first female Asura Elementalist (I usually play Humans because I'm boring, so I never really saw this before), and wearing a staff is kind of irritating. The staff actually changes size when you draw it, and it's so low on her back that the bottom of the staff clips through the ground and the staff head clips through her hair and ears. I'm using the standard Fractal ascended staff skin, and because of the clipping the little danglies on the staff head go haywire since the physics engine doesn't know what to make of it.

Is it too much to ask for weapon size and positions to be looked at so they don't clip so badly?

I honestly feel that slack should be given to any MMO developer because of the huge scope of issues involved.

That said, we aren't talking about a shrub in some corner of a map that is rendering sideways. Armor clipping for example, is easily to re-create in studio, and I have to think that as new items are developed, that someone takes the time to test them on every race, gender, and prof.

I was looking at crafting a quiver for my ranger, purely for ascetics (she already has ascended back piece), but in the preview pane I noticed her ponytail clips right through the arrows. So why would I craft something for appearance sakes when all it would do is aggravate me every time I saw it?

Is it reasonable to expect more from a AAA title vs some free to play MMO game? I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards yes.

Archived