You're wrong. War is fine.

Poelala.2830

As a player of spellbreaker and a player of 6 other classes I will confidently say that the sustain and the mechanics on spellbreaker are balanced. The fact of the matter is that spellbreaker as it stands now has many opportunities for outplaying and it is exceedingly easy to bait out/waste the cooldowns of a spellbreaker. As a multiclasser, I can beat spellbreaker easily on ranger, ele, core guardian, and revenant. When it comes to balance, this is the ideal scenario, where a class can be beaten by 4 other classes yet can beat the rest. A spellbreaker is mediocre in winning 1v1s after the various nerfs making it necessary for it to run rousing resilience and rampage. It performs its best in stalling a fight or sustaining in outnumbered scenarios due to the low likelihood of both enemies playing optimally to bait cooldowns as a duo and not CC or proc full counter. The full counter mechanic does NOT need a nerf or an increased cooldown. It's truly fine the way it is.

@Poelala.2830 said:As a player of spellbreaker and a player of 6 other classes I will confidently say that the sustain and the mechanics on spellbreaker are balanced. The fact of the matter is that spellbreaker as it stands now has many opportunities for outplaying and it is exceedingly easy to bait out/waste the cooldowns of a spellbreaker. As a multiclasser, I can beat spellbreaker easily on ranger, ele, core guardian, and revenant. When it comes to balance, this is the ideal scenario, where a class can be beaten by 4 other classes yet can beat the rest. A spellbreaker is mediocre in winning 1v1s after the various nerfs making it necessary for it to run rousing resilience and rampage. It performs its best in stalling a fight or sustaining in outnumbered scenarios due to the low likelihood of both enemies playing optimally to bait cooldowns as a duo and not CC or proc full counter. The full counter mechanic does NOT need a nerf or an increased cooldown. It's truly fine the way it is.

There is absolutely no way you beat an equally skilled Spellbreaker as a core guardian. Not since the focus rework.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@Poelala.2830 said:As a player of spellbreaker and a player of 6 other classes I will confidently say that the sustain and the mechanics on spellbreaker are balanced. The fact of the matter is that spellbreaker as it stands now has many opportunities for outplaying and it is exceedingly easy to bait out/waste the cooldowns of a spellbreaker. As a multiclasser, I can beat spellbreaker easily on ranger, ele, core guardian, and revenant. When it comes to balance, this is the ideal scenario, where a class can be beaten by 4 other classes yet can beat the rest. A spellbreaker is mediocre in winning 1v1s after the various nerfs making it necessary for it to run rousing resilience and rampage. It performs its best in stalling a fight or sustaining in outnumbered scenarios due to the low likelihood of both enemies playing optimally to bait cooldowns as a duo and not CC or proc full counter. The full counter mechanic does NOT need a nerf or an increased cooldown. It's truly fine the way it is.

There is absolutely no way you beat an equally skilled Spellbreaker as a core guardian. Not since the focus rework.

As a greatsword core guardian, I have never lost to a single spellbreaker I've ever fought. Either I'm the best core guard in history or every spellbreaker of note in North America is terrible, according to your logic. (I am referring to meta spellbreaker btw)

@Poelala.2830 said:

As a greatsword core guardian, I have never lost to a single spellbreaker I've ever fought. Either I'm the best core guard in history or every spellbreaker of note in North America is terrible, according to your logic. (I am referring to meta spellbreaker btw)

Wtf? Cheater!

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

kitten? Cheater!

Nah, I suspect you missed the part "in North America". That explains it.

Quick Panic EditBefore somebody gets triggered; it was a joke.

@Xuazinegueri.3592 said:One thing that should be adressed on spellbreaker is the GS #3. It does too much damage while giving evade and mobility to the class.

Greatsword should go back to be a mobility weapon only, the powercreeped F1 is also problematic(used to be single target and didnt had extra damage against <50% health), if you want damage, Axe should be your option...but on SB, counter should effect only the target that triggered it, also, shouldnt be AoE and unblockable, all this things at the same time is kind of OP in my opinion.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Xuazinegueri.3592 said:One thing that should be adressed on spellbreaker is the GS #3. It does too much damage while giving evade and mobility to the class.

Greatsword should go back to be a mobility weapon only, the powercreeped F1 is also problematic(used to be single target and didnt had extra damage against <50% health), if you want damage, Axe should be your option...but on SB, counter should effect only the target that triggered it, also, shouldnt be AoE and unblockable, all this things at the same time is kind of OP in my opinion.

A 2H weapon with mobility as the primary purpose. Sounds very interesting to you, right? Think again!

GS survives in meta builds thank to precarious balance - there is nothing better to replace it. F1 , gs #3 and gs#5 for ooc mobility - you "pay" for these 3 by having gs2 and gs4, 2 not exactly ideal skills in sPvP. Sword/x offers similar mobility but it's f1 would be much weaker as of now.In my experience on SB/against SB, once engagement starts it's all about full counter and SB's stunbreaks, weapon set is pretty much secondary (if full counter procs sucesfully).

@LazySummer.2568 said:how the kitten you beat a spellbreaker on core guard when he just has to block/evade your burst and remove your retail

GS 3, Sword 3, combos.

GS4 is a retaliation symbol. It hits 2.4k per pulse.

I've personally witnessed Poe dueling on this build and it's pretty freaking powerful. You definitely need to know how to play it well.

Nothing is fine about low-effort invuln chains and multi-thousand-damage baseline attacks with a psuedo-invuln transformation that inflicts high AoE damage and CC. Then again, the entire game is like this, so the whole game is borked. The only reason people continue to defend it is that they're too damaged by the game's fundamental mistakes in design to think that anything could be any different.

@BadMed.3846 said:

A 2H weapon with mobility as the primary purpose. Sounds very interesting to you, right? Think again!

Well, again, in my opinion, Greatsword do way to much damage, I can outplay the shit out of the War, but if he hit me with GS 3 he shreds half of my health, if he lands a F1 its basically game over...if damage is to stay, mobility should go, maybe do something like Ride the Lightning to GS 5, if you dont hit target, double cooldown...honestly, all mobility skills should work like this, you should be punished for missing skills.

I have 31 characters, war is not balanced at all.

The meta build is sort of balanced but theres a way better build there...and I think its going to be well known over the next month or so, maybe sooner as I see players that I beat with the build immediately swap over to what they think my build is.

@Poelala.2830 said:

I win most of my fights with core guardian gs s/f, but against equally skilled SB, even a win will taken 10,000 years. Also, balance has nothing to do with 1v1 potential.

I also play SB, and if you know what you are doing, you can troll on the point for ages, even outnumbered. This creates bottle necks were warrior sits there on point and you need 2 players just to push them off it in timely fashion.

This is a serious game balance design flaw. I think warriors damage need a buff, but the passive defenses need major rework to force fights to be significantly faster.

@otto.5684 said:

I win most of my fights with core guardian gs s/f, but against equally skilled SB, even a win will taken 10,000 years. Also, balance has nothing to do with 1v1 potential.

I also play SB, and if you know what you are doing, you can troll on the point for ages, even outnumbered. This creates bottle necks were warrior sits there on point and you need 2 players just to push them off it in timely fashion.

This is a serious game balance design flaw. I think warriors damage need a buff, but the passive defenses need major rework to force fights to be significantly faster.

You're right that the game is not balanced based on 1v1 potential, but you're wrong if you're insinuating sPvP isn't full of 1v1s. The reason why I stressed the importance of a class being able to kill five other classes but lose to four is because if, say, you're a revenant and you know the enemy war is a good player that will kill your team and snowball, you can act as a check on that war and keep him dead so your team won't have to worry about him. You also, when knowing you counter another class, can be in charge of rotating into them on side nodes ensuring your team at least that node and a kill. I DID say that spellbreaker performs its best in stalling a fight, but when it comes to a true 1v1 where their objective is to win, they lose the mu vs revenant, ranger, guard, and ele. And I beat spellbreakers on and off node in less than 2 minutes each time. Ask someone who has seen me do this like @Abelisk.4527 . I am confident in saying this because my favorite thing to do in gw2 is duel wars because they're such interesting adversaries.

@Poelala.2830 said:

You're right that the game is not balanced based on 1v1 potential, but you're wrong if you're insinuating sPvP isn't full of 1v1s. The reason why I stressed the importance of a class being able to kill five other classes but lose to four is because if, say, you're a revenant and you know the enemy war is a good player that will kill your team and snowball, you can act as a check on that war and keep him dead so your team won't have to worry about him. You also, when knowing you counter another class, can be in charge of rotating into them on side nodes ensuring your team at least that node and a kill. I DID say that spellbreaker performs its best in stalling a fight, but when it comes to a true 1v1 where their objective is to win, they lose the mu vs revenant, ranger, guard, and ele. And I beat spellbreakers on and off node in less than 2 minutes each time. Ask someone who has seen me do this like @Abelisk.4527 . I am confident in saying this because my favorite thing to do in gw2 is duel wars because they're such interesting adversaries.

If you spent 1 min plus fighting a warrior and winning while the warrior maintains the point, you lost. Also, can you elaborate how a good warrior will “kill” your team? Warrior damage is pathetic. The whole strategy of SB currently is holding a side node and prolonging.

I do not see any issue of nerfing warrior passive sustainability, in favor of active sustainability, improve their damage, so there main purpose is not to sit on a node and fight someone for 2 fuckin minutes.

@otto.5684 said:

If you spent 1 min plus fighting a warrior and winning while the warrior maintains the point, you lost. Also, can you elaborate how a good warrior will “kill” your team? Warrior damage is pathetic. The whole strategy of SB currently is holding a side node and prolonging.

I do not see any issue of nerfing warrior passive sustainability, in favor of active sustainability, improve their damage, so there main purpose is not to sit on a node and fight someone for 2 fuckin minutes.

are you saying let them keep their tankiness, and then give them cannon damage so that they can keep a point, and when anyone comes to take the points...kaboom?

@otto.5684 said:

You absolutely get the decap when fighting a war. If they are trying to maintain full cap they're dead in 30 seconds. Also, your plans with war are terrible for what the concept of a war should be. War damage is amazing, especially with full counter, greatsword, and rampage. Their team fight presence is undeniable.

@Felipe.1807 said:

Well, again, in my opinion, Greatsword do way to much damage, I can outplay the kitten out of the War, but if he hit me with GS 3 he shreds half of my health, if he lands a F1 its basically game over...if damage is to stay, mobility should go, maybe do something like Ride the Lightning to GS 5, if you dont hit target, double cooldown...honestly, all mobility skills should work like this, you should be punished for missing skills.

GS3 has a pretty limited highest damage area. You only get hit hard if you're right in that area. With 100b only really useful against downed enemies, GS3 is nothing much to worry about.

Archived