I can't find any help for events in higher level Tyria.

Rise.8259

Starting a looking for group party didn't yield any results.

It's interesting, because at mid or lower levels the zones are plentiful enough that I often have help for group events.

I first noticed the problem in Mount Malestrom, unable to get help with taking down group bosses.

But it got even worse when it came to the Ruins of Orr. The zone is desolate. I can't even get help with basic events to assault the coastline of Orr and start triggering the events that come after it. I mean, it's hard enough doing these paths solo to reach the beach, but doing all three by myself is not only difficult and time consuming but chances are we'll lose ground somewhere while I'm busy assaulting another front. It's impossible to do all this alone, but nobody in the zone is doing it. I don't know how I'm suppose to do this content.

Orr seems decently busy in my experience (EU). Are you NA or EU? playing at a popular time or no?

A good time for map events are when a daily includes going there as people seem to hang around a lil or do something else on the map befoee leaving.

Asking your guild to help is also a good idea.

Frankly, core Tyria maps don't have much reason to return to them, so it's harder to find people. Though I generally find help in any map if: 1. It's not too late, or 2. There's some related activity going on.

The other night I was able to free Grenth's temple with three random people by simply bumping into the event, setting up a mentor tag, and asking for help on map chat. And it was something like 04:00. Though, I bet that it was related to it being a daily orrian gatherer day.

Ps: this is on EU servers.

I spent hours during prime time on NA with a mentor tag asking for help assault orr and no one responded. With looking for group active too.

The problem with these events in particular is that it's not simply a matter of soloing a difficult event. It's a matter of having to coordinate three different battlefields all at the same time. There are time and space barriers to doing this solo. It becomes impossible for one person to do because while you move to the next one the one you just got done taking is now being overrun.

You know, when I played the game at lower levels it didn't feel like a 6 year old game due to the level of activity.But now at higher level, unfortunately, it feels like a game on the way out. Hopefully it won't be this bad when I get into the HOT/POF content.

@Rise.8259 said:I spent hours during prime time on NA with a mentor tag asking for help assault orr and no one responded. With looking for group active too.

The problem with these events in particular is that it's not simply a matter of soloing a difficult event. It's a matter of having to coordinate three different battlefields all at the same time. There are time and space barriers to doing this solo. It becomes impossible for one person to do because while you move to the next one the one you just got done taking is now being overrun.

You know, when I played the game at lower levels it didn't feel like a 6 year old game due to the level of activity.But now at higher level, unfortunately, it feels like a game on the way out. Hopefully it won't be this bad when I get into the HOT/POF content.

That's more due to the fact that most people skip the 60-79 bracket or rush through it.

Once you hit meaningful Events or level 80 content, things clear up. Also you are focusing on 1 specific Event which is for a group, with hundreds of solo Events available, that is a very narrow approach.

Look for groups saying they're unlocking/cleansing the Temple of Balthazar. Invasion of Orr is the actual name of the event chain but I'm not sure anyone ever calls it that, since the purpose of it is to unlock the Temple.

On EU servers it's done regularly on weekends and maybe during the week too, but I'm not usually looking for meta events during the week so I can't be sure.

Maybe EU has more of a population spread so that most maps get enough activity for even unpopular ones. If for some reason you need a specific group event done which has low activity, a daily event day can help (though chances are then you will find the temple already unlocked). Having a guild with people that can help is also useful.

Note that the Balthazar temple raid event will trigger even if not all three paths are completed, it has its own timer, and its the difficulty (number of troops to protect) that'll change based on how many of the paths were cleared.

@Rise.8259 said:Starting a looking for group party didn't yield any results.

It's interesting, because at mid or lower levels the zones are plentiful enough that I often have help for group events.

I first noticed the problem in Mount Malestrom, unable to get help with taking down group bosses.

But it got even worse when it came to the Ruins of Orr. The zone is desolate. I can't even get help with basic events to assault the coastline of Orr and start triggering the events that come after it. I mean, it's hard enough doing these paths solo to reach the beach, but doing all three by myself is not only difficult and time consuming but chances are we'll lose ground somewhere while I'm busy assaulting another front. It's impossible to do all this alone, but nobody in the zone is doing it. I don't know how I'm suppose to do this content.

Timing is everything. Play large events when North America continent players are online. Which is usually friday and weekend.

Get into active guilds and have your own party and squad of friends and guild mates.

Add me and i’ll be happy to help you join the guild or help when i can.

It sounds like you've just had bad luck finding decently populated maps. I join in events all the time in those maps and there's always lots of people around. Occasionally if you find a map empty, some of the events get neglected, but maybe because I play evenings/weekends I rarely have that problem.

Archived