WvW Legendary Armor

Movie.2943

A couple of weeks ago, I started working on getting WvW Legendary armor. I finished the Triumphant Reward Track, to unlock all six of the light armor skins for the Exotic version. I know i need 7k Skirmish Tickets. I understand that getting all six pieces of armor is a commitment to WvW. What I am looking for a guide or advise on what I should be concentrating on next. I'm on the NA TC server. Thanks in advance.

@Kira Wei.2361 said:A couple of weeks ago, I started working on getting WvW Legendary armor. I finished the Triumphant Reward Track, to unlock all six of the light armor skins for the Exotic version. I know i need 7k Skirmish Tickets. I understand that getting all six pieces of armor is a commitment to WvW. What I am looking for a guide or advise on what I should be concentrating on next. I'm on the NA TC server. Thanks in advance.

legendsry back piece?

@Kira Wei.2361 said:A couple of weeks ago, I started working on getting WvW Legendary armor. I finished the Triumphant Reward Track, to unlock all six of the light armor skins for the Exotic version. I know i need 7k Skirmish Tickets. I understand that getting all six pieces of armor is a commitment to WvW. What I am looking for a guide or advise on what I should be concentrating on next. I'm on the NA TC server. Thanks in advance.

Would look at the materials need, and the grandmaster marks if you choose to use the marks. The mats can be a little daunting at first:

• 300 T3
  • 300 T4
  • 1500 T5
  • 600 T6

Also, clovers and coins.., more than a legendary weapon.

There really isn't a guide per se. I would look at the items on theLink above and the ones you need, if you don't have, work towards.

The tickets will take you close to 20 weeks alone for 7k. Along the way you will ge grandmaster shards. 20 weeks will give you close to 6 marks. (10 shards per mark).

There is a lot there. For me, I would run the GoB track as you will need 6 total. Plus it gives a lot of tomes of knowledge which, you will need a lot of sprit shards..,

I'll stop now.,,

tbh I think you and anyone else really should be focusing on getting mistforged triumphant hero's armor before they start to think legendary armor. At minimum the Triumphant Hero's Ascended version is needed for creating the legendary armor anyhow. The reason I think mistforged triumphant hero armor should be your target goal is because it is much more feasible and it will be a lot less painful when some day you decide you don't want to play a light armor class anymore.

Also note that legendary version does not unlock any special skin, not even the mistforged triumphant skin if upgrading from regular triumphant.

You really only should be looking at legendary wvw armor if you have nothing better to do with your materials and your current gear is already gg end game. For that we are talking ascended armor and weapons, infused ascended back pack (2 infusion slots) and attuned infused rings (3 slots each). You can purchase with tickets 6 sets of crafted triumphant armor for the same ticket cost as legendary or you can buy 4 sets of mistforged triumphant for the same ticket cost as legendary. This excludes regular legendary material costs which are exuberant. As far as I know runes are not redeemable from wvw legendary armor at this time.

The number of people who can legitimately claim to put wvw legendary armor to reasonable use I could probably count on one hand as they are the players who do something like glass builds in highend pve and when entering wvw need just a little more survivability by changing that gear to something with a defensive stat without wanting to change runes AND just not having the inventory space to manage another 6 pieces of gear. But you see, those people that play highend pve are probably more likely to be looking at raid legendary armor which does have rune return and a fancy new skin.

Just my thoughts before you go any deeper into the money pit that is wvw legendary armor which btw, you havn't even scratched 1%

The wiki link posted above is your friend.

If you have gold and can craft then the only real time gate is the tickets. The account bound mats (clovers, etc) come from tracks, monthly log in rewards and playing. You should have enough of the account bound mats by the time you get enough tickets for the piece, assuming you plan ahead and start banking mats early. For the rest of the mats I just use the AH and start buying early for my next legendary piece as soon as I get the gold together. So that by the end of the 4 weeks (1 week for the ascended prereq tickets, and 3 for legendary war insight tickets) everything is ready and I just head to the forge.

@Ubi.4136 said:You also need to craft the ascended version of each piece, cause you need it and all the other crap to throw in the forge to make the legendary piece. So, make sure your crafting is at 500 too.

You purchase the ascended version of the armor from the vendor. No armor crafting needed on that part. But you will need crafting level 500 for other parts.

@Justine.6351 said:tbh I think you and anyone else really should be focusing on getting mistforged triumphant hero's armor before they start to think legendary armor. At minimum the Triumphant Hero's Ascended version is needed for creating the legendary armor anyhow. The reason I think mistforged triumphant hero armor should be your target goal is because it is much more feasible and it will be a lot less painful when some day you decide you don't want to play a light armor class anymore.

Also note that legendary version does not unlock any special skin, not even the mistforged triumphant skin if upgrading from regular triumphant.

You really only should be looking at legendary wvw armor if you have nothing better to do with your materials and your current gear is already gg end game. For that we are talking ascended armor and weapons, infused ascended back pack (2 infusion slots) and attuned infused rings (3 slots each). You can purchase with tickets 6 sets of crafted triumphant armor for the same ticket cost as legendary or you can buy 4 sets of mistforged triumphant for the same ticket cost as legendary. This excludes regular legendary material costs which are exuberant. As far as I know runes are not redeemable from wvw legendary armor at this time.

The number of people who can legitimately claim to put wvw legendary armor to reasonable use I could probably count on one hand as they are the players who do something like glass builds in highend pve and when entering wvw need just a little more survivability by changing that gear to something with a defensive stat without wanting to change runes AND just not having the inventory space to manage another 6 pieces of gear. But you see, those people that play highend pve are probably more likely to be looking at raid legendary armor which does have rune return and a fancy new skin.

I don't know where to start because this is really not helpful at all for the TP. If TP has the funds and wants to spend it, why suggest waiting until rank ~2k? This might take an eternity depending on the starting point. Also, you don't even need to play the game at all - so there is a short cut if you ask what one needs.

And you already profit from legendary armor (in particular bc stat and rune swap) if you also play PvE. Maybe you don't know but e.g. for necro you need Viper's and Berserker's for PvE and just on Metabattle there are already three different stat combinations for WvW.

On topic: I think by just farming the tickets from WvW and completing reward tracks (don't forget the 6 Gifts of Battle!) you will already get a solid basic in terms of crafting materials, e.g. 6 Mystic Coins per week and 2-7 Mystic Clovers per reward track and karma and and and. Oh and you will also need 20 As crafting marks :-)

@syszery.1592 said:

@Justine.6351 said:tbh I think you and anyone else really should be focusing on getting mistforged triumphant hero's armor before they start to think legendary armor. At minimum the Triumphant Hero's Ascended version is needed for creating the legendary armor anyhow. The reason I think mistforged triumphant hero armor should be your target goal is because it is much more feasible and it will be a lot less painful when some day you decide you don't want to play a light armor class anymore.

I don't know where to start because this is really not helpful at all for the TP. If TP has the funds and wants to spend it, why suggest waiting until rank ~2k? This might take an eternity depending on the starting point. Also, you don't even
need
to play the game at all - so there is a short cut if you ask what one needs.

And you already profit from legendary armor (in particular bc stat
and
rune swap) if you also play PvE. Maybe you don't know but e.g. for necro you
need
Viper's and Berserker's for PvE and just on Metabattle there are already three different stat combinations for WvW.

On topic: I think by just farming the tickets from WvW and completing reward tracks (don't forget the 6 Gifts of Battle!) you will already get a solid basic in terms of crafting materials, e.g. 6 Mystic Coins per week and 2-7 Mystic Clovers per reward track and karma and and and. Oh and you will also need 20 As crafting marks :-)

Yeah ok, he can update us in 1-2 years if he has his legendary armor.

@Heibi.4251 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:You also need to craft the ascended version of each piece, cause you need it and all the other crap to throw in the forge to make the legendary piece. So, make sure your crafting is at 500 too.

You purchase the ascended version of the armor from the vendor. No armor crafting needed on that part. But you will need crafting level 500 for other parts.

Crafting is needed for the Grandmaster Marks, unless you wait out the 20weeks of WvW reward track (needing to complete Gold each time).

@Turk.5460 said:

@"Ubi.4136" said:You also need to craft the ascended version of each piece, cause you need it and all the other crap to throw in the forge to make the legendary piece. So, make sure your crafting is at 500 too.

Crafting is needed for the Grandmaster Marks, unless you wait out the 20weeks of WvW reward track (needing to complete Gold each time).

Notice - I said " But you will need crafting level 500 for other parts. "

@Heibi.4251 said:

@"Ubi.4136" said:You also need to craft the ascended version of each piece, cause you need it and all the other crap to throw in the forge to make the legendary piece. So, make sure your crafting is at 500 too.

Grandmaster marks are required for purchasing the ascended armor.Notice how I said "...unless you wait out the 20 weeks of WvW reward track (needing to complete Gold each time)."

@Turk.5460 said:

Grandmaster marks are required for purchasing the ascended armor.Notice how I said "...unless you wait out the 20 weeks of WvW reward track (needing to complete Gold each time)."

About that.... going the shards route is actually 66 weeks. It's 3 shards possible per week if you get to gold, and 10 shards for each mark.

You will be crafting grand master marks. A full set of ascended wvw armor is 20 marks. At 3 fragments per week, you're looking at 67 weeks of completing gold chest in WvW. That's not too much time per week, but many weeks in succession. At least you can buy your way through this by crafting marks yourself. They are expensive to make however.

The legendary conversion requires many wvw claim tickets. A full set of legendary (starting from exotic) requires 7880 claim tickets. If you max out all the reward chests, you'll get 365 tickets per week. This requires almost 22 perfect weeks of WvW rewards.

Then there's roughly 350g in materials per legendary piece (not including the crafting of ascended with grand master marks).

It's a journey, that's for sure. My only complaint is that the legendary armor is locked to a weight class (light, medium, heavy). I would prefer that I could move legendary armor from any character to any character. I'm 67% through my light armor set. By the time I'm done I may wish it was heavy armor instead :anguished:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

About that.... going the shards route is actually 66 weeks. It's 3 shards possible per week if you get to gold, and 10 shards for each mark.

Even better!

Just my thoughts before you go any deeper into the money pit that is wvw legendary armor which btw, you havn't even scratched 1%

One thing though..... Mist Forged requires 1200-2000 WvW rank to even have available. Getting that much rank takes a couple years unless you're running boosters all the time, and are on a server that does mostly blob fights AND WINS THEM.

The reasoning for most people trying to get Legendary armor is the easy repurposing it enables, literally gives access to new stats on day 1 of an Expansion, and has zero costs to re-stat if the meta shifts in the following balance passes. The cost savings is non-existent (unless you're looking at 5+ years out), but the upfront ease of use and zero down time during Expansions is substantial. Especially on classes prone to violent stat shifts with their Espec releases.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

One thing though..... Mist Forged requires 1200-2000 WvW rank to even have available. Getting that much rank takes a couple years unless you're running boosters all the time, and are on a server that does mostly blob fights AND WINS THEM.

The reasoning for most people trying to get Legendary armor is the easy repurposing it enables, literally gives access to new stats on day 1 of an Expansion, and has zero costs to re-stat if the meta shifts in the following balance passes. The cost savings is non-existent (unless you're looking at 5+ years out), but the upfront ease of use and zero down time during Expansions is substantial. Especially on classes prone to violent stat shifts with their Espec releases.

Erm, you are not going to get legendary armor over night. It will take 1-2 years. Each piece is a full blown legendary in price.Erm you can just save up your grandmaster Mark shards u til next expansion and just buy new sets upfront. Once you are rank 2k mistforged is as free as how many tickets and memories of battle you have. I have boughten FOUR sets of mistforged armor so far. And trust me, the number of viable gear stat sets is not going to improve much going forward.

@Justine.6351 said:

Erm, you are not going to get legendary armor over night. It will take 1-2 years. Each piece is a full blown legendary in price.Erm you can just save up your grandmaster Mark shards u til next expansion and just buy new sets upfront. Once you are rank 2k mistforged is as free as how many tickets and memories of battle you have. I have boughten FOUR sets of mistforged armor so far. And trust me, the number of viable gear stat sets is not going to improve much going forward.

I dunno about 1-2 years. I had a full set of legendary in much less than a year after the reward system dropped.

@Justine.6351 said:

1-2 years? Each piece is a full blown legendary in price? You might wanna recheck your math. Just for the sake of argument, a Gen 2.5 Legendary has a normal cost of 2300-2500g (its cheaper right now thanks to Istan feeding the materials market). The current cost of promotion for a PIECE of WvW legendary armor is 350g. Times 6 thats roughly 2100 gold to promote a set up to Legendary. Since the T2 costs 150g (total) in memories and 220g in marks (if crafting them), thats an extra 370g for the armor set. T3 armor 300g for the Memories, and doesn't cost marks. Both armor tiers also cost 13g (per set) in the vendor cost.

So at its most expensive, its about 2483 gold for a T2 Legendary armor set, sans crafting leveling cost and gearing cost for WvW in the mean time.

On the subject of time, barring WvW rank requirements, it would still take you less then a year to afford the gold needed to do this- unless you're actively spending it on other things, or not selling mats that aren't used in the Marks production. You're also making an assumption that the meta doesn't change enough to warrant re-stating gear; but thats only ever been true on 2 classes (thief and Warrior), and Post-PF meta is now using stats that were previous ignored through most of HOT, not to mention bringing back Celestials after it was thought to be completely irrelevant for the meta, plus 4 more classes potentially being able to use it if a balance pass enables. POF brought more drastic stat changes then HOT did, and the Devs seem intent on trying to pull more support stat combinations into the meta..... so theres no telling what the next expansion might bring.

So unless you're completely narrowing your argument to only concern per character cost efficiency, the Legendary armor set is expensive, but has significant value. And when we have enough Especs and game modes to warrant 4 builds per character, Legendary armor can cover its own costs.

Cost per piece of legendary armor is in the 400-500g range when you consider the cost of clovers.

The cost to craft a first generation legendary is roughly 1600g (yeah it's 2600g if you buy it off the TP) -- this includes the price of a precursor (on average).

Regardless the investment in legendary armor is not small.

Archived