We Need Killstreaks

The Night Fox.6018

We - need - killstreaks

Hear me out.

We all know gw2 is a ded gaem like Warcraft III and Dessert Online. GW@ needs to except that its old. With new games coming out like CoD and others that are far advanced in their PvP, why isn't Anet learning from their success?

IE Everytime you kill a charr 3 times in a row in ranked you get a flash on the screen in bright text "You know, I am more of a dog person" with +225 points next to it.

At this point why not have 10 kills deploy a tactical nuke on any given area on the map?

Food for thought... and we know that this game is starving for ideas.

And at 5 kills you a personal enegi machinegun turret! Oh! Oh! And if you get a 10 kill streak you can call in a pact chopper to assault the enemy team! And at 15, you summon a squad of charr to run rampart and attack the enemy team!

Sarcasm aside, this is a truly terrible idea. Kill streak work in fps games, but not in an mmorpg with a conquest style game mode. It would be game break, and very, VERY stupid and would make people even more toxic.

Mmmmmm-monster kill! Yes, I quite enjoyed those shouts in WoW that were implemented in some kind of Addon. The thing is, that they we're used only in BGs, did you see any in GW2? Me neither. If they add any "BG" style maps to GW2 (or rather 3...maybe 4...), then yes, sure. But for now, pretty useless.

@Emtiarbi.3281 said:

@derd.6413 said:in all my days of hearing suggestions to make gw2 more like other games i never thought somebody would suggest making gw2 more like CoD.

To be fair, with the speed of things going on PvP and the huge amount of Burst, we are closer to an FPS than ever before!

Gw2 is tab targeted fps right now, sounds bad? Yes, because it is bad.

@The Night Fox.6018 said:

@spartan.9421 said:And at 5 kills you a personal enegi machinegun turret! Oh! Oh! And if you get a 10 kill streak you can call in a pact chopper to assault the enemy team! And at 15, you summon a squad of charr to run rampart and attack the enemy team!

This guy gets it

in case you missed the second half of the post with selective reading

Sarcasm aside, this is a truly terrible idea. Kill streak work in fps games, but not in an mmorpg with a conquest style game mode. It would be game break, and very, VERY stupid and would make people even more toxic.

@The Night Fox.6018 said:We - need - killstreaks

Hear me out.

We all know gw2 is a ded gaem like Warcraft III and Dessert Online. GW@ needs to except that its old. With new games coming out like CoD and others that are far advanced in their PvP, why isn't Anet learning from their success?

IE Everytime you kill a charr 3 times in a row in ranked you get a flash on the screen in bright text "You know, I am more of a dog person" with +225 points next to it.

At this point why not have 10 kills deploy a tactical nuke on any given area on the map?

This is the worst idea since "let's balance scrapper by making it gather resource nodes faster".

If this is "food for thought", it's a Twinkie.Unhealthy and unsatisfying.

@The Night Fox.6018 said:We - need - killstreaks

Hear me out.

Starting your first sentence with "gw2 is a dead game" I would recommend searching the differences between fps games and mmos. I hope your next suggestion won't be to drop from an aeroplane and find daggers and staffs around the map to fight. ^^

Archived