Match quality

Ithilwen.1529

@Sigmoid.7082 said:The only constant in every match you play is you. Think about that for just a second.

Eeehhh not... PVP is a team game... 300-400 diff happens only when two teammates dc or enemy team is full plat and snowballing your team and pushed you to spawn point... If your teammate laughs,dance,sits in the spawn point, u can't do anything except lose or try in vain until he decides to join the fight... But that happens once in a blue moon

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:The only constant in every match you play is you. Think about that for just a second.

Eeehhh not... PVP is a team game... 300-400 diff happens only when two teammates dc or enemy team is full plat and snowballing your team and pushed you to spawn point...

Not entirely true. If your team is effectively fighting 4v5 against even mildly competent individuals then those point differences can happen. People are far to quick to blame everything else besides their own performance when the outcome of a match is a loss.

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Here's my match history today: https://www.dropbox.com/s/omeo956vfizbz6h/gw036a.jpg?dl=0

that's an average of 290 points differential per game. Some games are in the 400+ point range. The match quality is not where it should be.

This is the first time a look at Mesmer having loss streak ... That too in unranked... Did duoquers/plat players decide to wipe unranked??? Or ppl throw matches often??? Idk

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Here's my match history today:

that's an average of 290 points differential per game. Some games are in the 400+ point range. The match quality is not where it should be.

This is the first time a look at Mesmer having loss streak ... That too in unranked... Did duoquers/plat players decide to wipe unranked??? Or ppl throw matches often??? Idk

Not to single out anyone, but I think a bit of explanation needed. Ithilwen enjoys playing core PU mes and maaaaybe ?chrono, but not mirage. So "mesmer having loss streak" doesn't really say much.

Anyways MMR is messy in unranked because rather than just population issue, even people with similar MMR will want try something different there. I probably wouldn't take unranked results to heart and if it gets too much just relax in other modes. Take a break for few days or something. There's nothing to be gained from unranked except fun afterall.

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Here's my match history today:

OP will only play core mesmer. Under the premise that mirage and chrono are going to be nerfed so why play them.

@Aden.9306 said:

This is a very silly statement and shows a severe lack of understanding of the problems with the game mode.

It's not.

It is cause now you are saying that basically the score difference should be about the same in every match. Would be a different case if we were talking about winning and losing streaks.

For the record, the OP complains about massive losing streaks EVERY season.

In my personal experience, match quality improved significantly during the latest season, as it has for the majority of platinum players.

The only constant in the OP's matches is her, so if she's losing a lot, it's a personal skill issue. (Or the fact that she insists on using core PU mesmer.)

@"Aden.9306" said:Ithilwen.1529 tip: https://www.godsofpvp.net/ and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9CyX6v4tsPl0nde0Mn43g watch twitch, get some keybinds. A gaming mouse with buttons or something. Stop being a victim and for once take action to improve yourself as a player.

FYI I have purchased a gaming laptop, Tartarus and gaming mouse all of which I hoped would improve my play. In addition , I've practiced for years. This has nothing to do with being a "victim." I've invested considerable capital and effort.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@"Aden.9306" said:Ithilwen.1529 tip:
and
watch twitch, get some keybinds. A gaming mouse with buttons or something. Stop being a victim and for once take action to improve yourself as a player.

FYI I have purchased a gaming laptop, Tartarus and gaming mouse all of which I hoped would improve my play. In addition , I've practiced for years. This has nothing to do with being a "victim." I've invested considerable capital and effort.

You decided to invest real money as opposed to just learning how to play Mirage.

What if I told you that your new equipment would be obsolete in the future? Would you have refused to purchase them in fear they would no longer be useful?

This is the same logic you use to justify your sole use of core PU mesmer. It doesn't make much sense. If you really have spent the time, effort, and money towards improving your gameplay and it STILL isn't working, maybe you should try something you haven't. (Meta builds on Mirage)

Keep in mind, playing well in PvP comes down to 3 things, mechanics, rotational knowledge, and knowledge of what other classes can do. Unless your fps is sub 20 and your ping 100+, a new gaming computer/mouse (while helpful) won't make a very noticeable impact on your gameplay.

That's actually a good one. This was totally right pre-PoF, but the powercreep now is way too high. 2 necros per game is common. You can add to it an holosmith and a mesmer from time to time, and it's hard to have a single impact in a game to be honest.

I've had too many games this season where everyone fights off point or doesn't care at all on nodes. In a meta where it's frequent to have people drop like flies, this turns too random. I'm not going to complain much since many games end up on a close score ( unlike the OP) but all these games could have also been won really easily.

@"Aden.9306" said:Ithilwen.1529 tip: https://www.godsofpvp.net/ and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9CyX6v4tsPl0nde0Mn43g watch twitch, get some keybinds. A gaming mouse with buttons or something. Stop being a victim and for once take action to improve yourself as a player.

Lol, thats wrong, shes complaining of the variability of the matches, that with well MMR should not happen often: if you are good you are grouped against skilled enemies and with skilled teammates, if you are bad with unskilled enemies and teammates and if you are soso with soso teammates and enemies.

That been said, unranked had always huge variations in the mmr, because people go there to test builds, troll or don't play in it too much so dont have their MMR settled. That should be the cause.

Archived