Stop Rangers from knocking people through walls and getting them stuck

Cronos.6532

It's no fun to get hit by Point Blank Shot or whatever and then be removed from the game for 30 seconds from typing /stuck + the time it takes to respawn + the time it takes to run back. The recharge on /stuck is also way too high; if you accidentally cancel it (for some reason it sometimes gets cancelled on its own?) then you often can't use it again until the game is over. What solution do you propose for preventing players from getting stuck inside walls for extremely long amounts of time due to knockback?

This can go from any knockback and some rollback/teleport back skills, too. When I used lightning reflexes on my ranger fighting at the mansion on the battle of khylo map, it pushed me off the map through the wall. I was able to use the stuck command to get myself out, but it was still taking me out of the match for a good minute and gave the guy I was fighting a free cap.

Oh...geez, do I ever feel stupid now... This happened to me a few months back - enemy ranger knocked me back through a wall where I got stuck. He helpfully whispered me and said I should relog, so I did, cringing all the while. My team was losing, and disconnecting would look like a rage-quit. But I managed to log right back in and got back into the match, where I played it out to the end and thankfully didn't get stuck again. It took about two or three minutes to log out and log back in, all told. (Yes, we lost.)I didn't know the /stuck command existed.Either the enemy ranger didn't know either, or he was being very "helpful" indeed by trying to get a 4v5 in favor of his team. Sigh...

Anyway, topic. This is annoying. I usually main a ranger, but I've never been able to pull this off - nor do I want to, because that's incredibly unfair to the other team. What would happen if there were boundaries set up within "soft" walls like this (i.e., walls that are easy to accidentally knock players through) - and those boundaries are instant teleportation back to your home base if you run afoul of them (to prevent cheating outright by purposefully walking through the map boundaries). Sure, it's still annoying to have to run all the way back to where you were, but it'd take a lot less time than /stuck, dead, wait to be revived at base, then run all the way back.Buuuuut I am not a game developer, and I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement... And since this doesn't seem to happen all that often, I doubt it's a pressing issue.

@Batel.9206 said:Oh...geez, do I ever feel stupid now... This happened to me a few months back - enemy ranger knocked me back through a wall where I got stuck. He helpfully whispered me and said I should relog, so I did, cringing all the while. My team was losing, and disconnecting would look like a rage-quit. But I managed to log right back in and got back into the match, where I played it out to the end and thankfully didn't get stuck again. It took about two or three minutes to log out and log back in, all told. (Yes, we lost.)

Lucky! This happens to me at least once every day.

Best thing about this bug is when they stick themselves due to a knockback you reflected. Beautiful.

@"Batel.9206" said:Either the enemy ranger didn't know either, or he was being very "helpful" indeed by trying to get a 4v5 in favor of his team. Sigh...

I assure you he was trying to help, otherwise he'd have just let you rot there, maybe even dpsing you periodically in case you tried to use /stuck.

Thing is, /stuck works but requires 30sec of no movement or skill usage on your part and no damage taken from the enemy. If any of these things occurs, it resets, and you have to start over from the beginning. In many cases it's faster and more reliable just to relog, unless of course you play GW2 with a potato.

Archived