With all the calls to nerf most of the elite specs in WvW......

Neworder.7981

I'm pretty new to WvW before we start. There seems to be a lot of threads asking for this elite spec or that elite spec to be nerf'd. From a newer players point of view why not just remove all elite specs from WvW? To me on the face of it this would solve a lot of the apparent problems..

@Neworder.7981 said:I'm pretty new to WvW before we start. There seems to be a lot of threads asking for this elite spec or that elite spec to be nerf'd. From a newer players point of view why not just remove all elite specs from WvW? To me on the face of it this would solve a lot of the apparent problems..

in preperation of the elite specs shortly before they were released, alot of the old trait system got changed and simplified. now with the elite specs there have been countless changes to core, just disabeling elitespecs wont give the people here their nostalgic core gw2 experience they still dream off.gw2 is a game with constant changes to each profession, a balance patch can ruin and make builds. thats basically the progress instead of new levels and equipment. players need to adapt and adapt constantly. but people dont like change, especially not to a 'working' system. when your successfull with your build in a zerg, in roaming, in havoc and a balance patch either kills your build or just makes another build better suited for the task you need to adapt, some just like to complain instead. another thing is that to kind of benefit experienced players the game gets more complex and faster aka as powercreep, there are more and more mechanics and gimmicks you need to look out for in an ever shorter time. if you are an experienced player and keep improving you will adapt alot faster than a newer player, tho they kinda keep up with guides that are now plentyful. but as a side effect your build also matters more and more for the task. because with faster combat, counters will be harder to play around, yet people especially in WvW roaming used to play whatever build they want - regardless of efficiency. with ongoing powercreep their inefficiency becomes more and more apparent. you will realize that a ton of the profession complains are about 1 vs 1 scenarios, wich is not what the game is balanced around.

TLDR: no it wont solve the problems, it will replace them with countless new ones.

@Neworder.7981 said:I'm pretty new to WvW before we start. There seems to be a lot of threads asking for this elite spec or that elite spec to be nerf'd. From a newer players point of view why not just remove all elite specs from WvW? To me on the face of it this would solve a lot of the apparent problems..

It would solve it yes, but those crying about nerfing certain elites are probably playing other elites. So they want nerfs, not removal. That way they can keep playing their elite that's OP.

@MUDse.7623 said:another thing is that to kind of benefit experienced players the game gets more complex and faster aka as powercreep, there are more and more mechanics and gimmicks you need to look out for in an ever shorter time. if you are an experienced player and keep improving you will adapt alot faster than a newer player, ...

I'd say it is the opposite, take thief pre-HoT for example, it favoured experienced better players much more than when they added Daredevil which was way more forgiving and much easier for newer players to play. Same thing with engy, to be good with things like triple kits builds you had pre-HoT, things like the original grenades, etc required more mechanical skill, cooldown management, etc than the braindead Holosmith that carries players with its powercreep.

This is why players complain (and one of the reasons most of the PvP/WvW players have left the game) the powercreep has made the game more forgiving, more noob friendly and it was hardly Starcraft in the first place.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@"MUDse.7623" said:another thing is that to kind of benefit experienced players the game gets more complex and faster aka as powercreep, there are more and more mechanics and gimmicks you need to look out for in an ever shorter time. if you are an experienced player and keep improving you will adapt alot faster than a newer player, ...

I'd say it is the opposite, take thief pre-HoT for example, it favoured experienced better players much more than when they added Daredevil which was way more forgiving and much easier for newer players with less knowledge to play. Same thing with engy, to be good with things like triple kits builds you had pre-HoT, things like the original grenades, etc required more mechanical skill, cooldown management, etc then the braindead Holosmith that carries players with its powercreep.

This is why players complain (and why most have left PvP/WvW) the powercreep has made the game more forgiving, more noob friendly and it was hardly Starcraft in the first place.

pre hot the gap between average and good players was much bigger as the game was newer and so the ones who learn faster were further ahead. there are still people playing this game since launch that dont know half of what is going on in a fight. so yeah the game being new favoured better players.i am not sure what about granades did require skill? the oneshot with the belt skill?obviously with more power to whatever you take, randomly using your skills will do more than if those skills are weaker. but at the beginning of the game you could tell a thief to use d/d , basi venom, the old 50% AS then look for a player use your (1500 range!) steal while CnD and press 1 after buffing yourself ofc. that would work mostly. by the time we had HoT with daredevil, playing d/d was already suicide against most experienced players.

an inexperienced player often wont know much about what his opponent can or cannot do and usually dont know how to work under pressure. but the first thing anyone learns is a type 'combo' they deal to casually try killing their opponent. for example quickening zephyr , PBS, RF. doesnt have to be good or even working against a good player but for an inexperienced player fighting another equally inexperienced thats often enough. now here comes in powercreep as well as more and more guides, guides everywhere wich also improve in quality over time. with that the inexperienced player who often just picks up a build from somewhere already gets a better 'combo' delivered with aswell as maybe some hints to wich his panik buttons are. so yeah with that they do perform better then pre HoT.but without that powercreep, if the game didnt change at all, those rather inexperienced players would be much closer to the ones actually understanding whats going on in the fight. that was mainly my point. obviously everyone gets better, but the powercreep preserves the advantage. else it will get reduced to mechanical skill when everyone knows the game in and out, tho guess thats what many here claim as the only true skill. "dunno whats going on but i am pressing my buttons faster i got to win."

over the years many complains have been because the more experienced players didnt want to use the new toys provided by anet calling them cheap as they did well with their old ones before. or because of people that fall further back with every new update, feeling weaker and weaker.

You won't solve anything by removing e-specs, and will be probably worse than now, all roamers will be core guards, core warriors and core thieves, and zerg fights full of core necros.

When instead core engineers will have zero space, maybe some meme oneshot roamer build, elementalists maybe oneshot fresh air builds, revs maybe still hammer backline in zergs dunno, rangers with no hot and pof pets will be kinda meh too at roaming, some pu mesmer around too.

Now at least every profession has a role in zerg or havoc or roaming.

Archived