So...(lol)...about 2vs2

JTGuevara.9018

Well, ladies and gentlemen! As I log in to finally try 2v2 in custom arenas, to my non-surprise, I find that nobody's playing it! Now, most of us say that we want new modes in pvp like 2v2, 3v3, etc. Well, how about as a community that we start SHOWING it? Come out and play! Stop being so SOFT. Yeah, I know 2v2 should've been released in unranked, but come on people....

By not coming out for this, we give ANet an excuse to leave pvp the way it is.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Well, ladies and gentlemen! As I log in to finally try 2v2 in custom arenas, to my non-surprise, I find that nobody's playing it! Now, most of us say that we want new modes in pvp like 2v2, 3v3, etc. Well, how about as a community that we start SHOWING it? Come out and play! Stop being so SOFT. Yeah, I know 2v2 should've been released in unranked, but come on people....

You sound surprised!By the multitude of negative comments posted in Reddit & this forum among others, It was obvious from the get go that very little to No one is going to play a custom 2v2 or anything Arena for tourny's. Espacially if you have to spend gold for it or gems if it came to that. This is a fail that could of been prevented right off the bat!2v2 would of been a tremendous success if they only added it for FREE to the Unrank/rank roster with a check box.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Well, ladies and gentlemen! As I log in to finally try 2v2 in custom arenas, to my non-surprise, I find that nobody's playing it! Now, most of us say that we want new modes in pvp like 2v2, 3v3, etc. Well, how about as a community that we start SHOWING it? Come out and play! Stop being so SOFT. Yeah, I know 2v2 should've been released in unranked, but come on people....

Does it have a queue button?Is there ease of access or loop holes to jump through?

Both are very important questions.

Anet is adding a game mode in a dead format aka hotjoin and it's our fault ? Pls...

Make an unranked/ranked queue/2v2 queue. Then you will have people playing it.

Everything about this patch is beyond horrible : 1. Everything about the new runes/sigils is so utterly random that at this point we can all say Anet is "roleplaying" rather than "balancing". It would be funny if it wasn't so true. 2. Proud of their roleplaying ability they off course haven't tested it before, hence sanctuary runes and scourge. 3. 2v2 format in hotjoin where not even 5v5 maps have people in it.

And yet you say "we give ANet an excuse to leave pvp the way it is". I hope your trolling. Anet is for sure.

The system is designed poorly, 2v2 simply needs a queue.

More often than not you end up waiting in line for a turn and when the map resets whoever loads in faster gets the option unless a host is on and dictating who gets to play when. With host on, they usually they get to play the most and people are in line for only 3 slots.

When this first came out if everyone waiting in line was able to match up with each other the problem would have been solved. But no, you have to buy a room and put it to those settings.

This had to be a supported queue-able game type to thrive. Expecting players to just use the already clunky custom arena system with limited players is only going to affect the sample size for interest.

It's like saying "People wanted apple pie! Why now is no one eating the apple pie?" when all the pies have worms in them.

After all dease years. All the disappointments. All this lost time to get spvp up to date.You would think for a moment that Anet got it. Each & every time there's something.-Thank you all pvp base players for sticking with us for so long. WE know it was not easy. So Here is a show of our appreciation for your patience & loyalty.A NEW pvp 2v2 matchups system. But you got to pay the custom arena to access it. Thq so much for sticking around, plz enjoy.
sigh.. :/

Everyone wants it, but nobody is going to care regardless of what new map and new setting they introduce until they put a ranked que into it. Nobody wants to organize their own groups to play because people are lazy. I'd rather hit a button and wait for an opponent like everyone else.

@"Classic Perception.2507" said:Anet is adding a game mode in a dead format aka hotjoin and it's our fault ? Pls...

Everything about this patch is beyond horrible : 1. Everything about the new runes/sigils is so utterly random that at this point we can all say Anet is "roleplaying" rather than "balancing". It would be funny if it wasn't so true. 2. Proud of their roleplaying ability they off course haven't tested it before, hence sanctuary runes and scourge. 3. 2v2 format in hotjoin where not even 5v5 maps have people in it.

And yet you say "we give ANet an excuse to leave pvp the way it is". I hope your trolling. Anet is for sure.

you forgot to mention that the balance patch didn't even include any balancing. it was just a few minor bug fixes.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"Classic Perception.2507" said:Anet is adding a game mode in a dead format aka hotjoin and it's our fault ? Pls...

you forgot to mention that the balance patch didn't even include any balancing. it was just a few minor bug fixes.

who needs to balance when you can just add runes that are bonkers, Necros immune to condis with sanctuary runes hello?

@Vieux P.1238 said:

You sound surprised!By the multitude of negative comments posted in Reddit & this forum among others, It was obvious from the get go that very little to No one is going to play a custom 2v2 or anything Arena for tourny's. Espacially if you have to spend gold for it or gems if it came to that. This is a fail that could of been prevented right off the bat!2v2 would of been a tremendous success if they only added it for FREE to the Unrank/rank roster with a check box.

This ^.

It's not that folks didn't want 2v2. It's that it wasn't implemented well. Put it in as a separate queue or as an option in current unranked queue.

It's a fix, but I don't know if it's simple based on Anet's coding.

Yeah frankly I couldn't care less about 2v2s if they don't implement a queue for it, especially since they don't have the tech for banning any overperforming comps/amulets/skills/etc. A 2v2 tourney every 2-3 months is not enough. Although I do hope they get Rom to cast the finals since he's been so dedicated to making them happen for a while now.

i love it now the "claim" can be it has been tried out with 3 TDM maps 2 2v2 and 1 5v5 and "doesn't work"

Sadly it's known that if it had it's own que now with 3 maps, no one would ever play circlequest and all the time would be wasted with constant circlequest maps and nothing new. How hard is it really to add a 3rd que option? 3 TDM maps 1 TDM que.

Keep in mind and fore those confused, there WILL BE a queue-able daily tourney starting from the 26th.

This does not change that we need at the very least an “Unranked” option. If only for the sake of practice.

Sometimes I can’t tell if these implementations are held back because it might to quickly reward players and will get farmed lol.

Agree, it needs a queue.

Anet's main concern is that it would split the population. So I would suggest that they just replace Stronghold queue with it. Or at least, have it rotate between Stronghold on weekdays, 2v2 on weekends. With special weeks dedicated to entirely 2v2 when there's a tourney about to happen.

@shippage.1983 said:Agree, it needs a queue.

Anet's main concern is that it would split the population. So I would suggest that they just replace Stronghold queue with it. Or at least, have it rotate between Stronghold on weekdays, 2v2 on weekends. With special weeks dedicated to entirely 2v2 when there's a tourney about to happen.

That's not much of an argument. By that logic, we should all be worried about say new game content, say pve maps, being released and existing since they will inevitably split the population!

Archived