Possibly returning player that typically heals in MMO's... is there a "best" healer? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Possibly returning player that typically heals in MMO's... is there a "best" healer?

Hello everyone - I'll keep this quick and simple:

Most of the folks I play MMO's with seem to be off doing other things - and I'm looking to (possibly) try GW2 again. I typically heal in an MMO. Is there a best choice? Does that best choice have another role it does OK at?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Eros.6801Eros.6801 Member ✭✭✭

In Guild Wars 2 there are no actually Healer, Tanker, DPSer, all class can do everything but some classes can do a certain role better than the others.

Best healer right now is Druid (Ranger), they are great in both raid and WvW, beside being a healer you can be a great DPSer as well.

Other off-meta healer are Firebrand (Guard), Scourge (Necro), Rev-Ventari (Raw Heal), Tempest (Ele).

*Raw heal here mean rev can provide a ton of raw HP healing while other class like Druid can also do the same but with many more offensive boons so ppl tend to favor Druid over other.

*Also noted that every last one of the healer above is a beast if you choose to DPS instead of Healing.

MEH !!!

• bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭

uhm.. it depends on what part of the game you wanna play most. if you wanna heal in pvp setting, it's firebrand. pve, yea druid I guess.

• Thank you!

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

You should be warned though that in open world at least there is pretty much zero use for a healer. Better to build a hybrid that can contribute to damage but occasionally offer healing in group events. If you build full heals you'll find yourself unable to do anything much solo, and nobody will really need you for groups except for major bosses.

• metabattle.com can answer your gw2 build questions.

• Just my two cents, I personally love Druid (Ranger elite specialization) as a healer. My main raiding class is a Druid healer, and it's loads of fun in terms of support, the amount/types of heals you can provide, as well as support buffs. It's also beautiful in terms of how the skills look. I find it a fun and very useful support specialization.

Best thing to do, try them all out and find which one you like the best! Every class is versatile and you can tweak it to do what you want in whatever mode you're looking for. Enjoy!

• The short answer is Druid in PvE, Firebrand in PvP/WvW.

Ordo Dominican [ZEAL]
    Sea of Sorrows

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eros.6801 said:
    Best healer right now is Druid (Ranger), they are great in both raid and WvW, beside being a healer you can be a great DPSer as well.

Haha no. Healer druid is universally panned in WvW regardless of roaming or zerging. Very few use it.

Firebrand is primary zerg frontline healer while scrapper is cleanser/general healing. Not many more run healer now, even ele has been shifted to dps. Same thing with barrier scourge, its power dps meta. Even small roaming groups use meta firebrands for their heal support. Saves time I guess.

In PvE anything goes. Well except maybe heal thief. Never seen those. It'd be funny though.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.