I want to apologize

I would like to apologize for the rant about the game. I evidently broke the form rules and monitor removed it but there where some post to it. It will not happen again, I was new to this game it seems to me to be a shooter game with a story line nothing I have played is like it, the on-line rpgs I have played had a level adjustment to complete the story lines this game has non. Other than the beginning story , I seem not to be able to complete the other stories there are battles that I just do not have the skills for. Plan to try and complete the maps. There things that I like in the game but at 70 years + I just don't have the eye hand coordination. No more complaints this will be my last post.

Or make a build that can facetank most game content (and get help for those encounters you can't).

Other than the generally recommended minion master reaper, I've found that a jalis+kalla renegade built for tankiness can survive just fine against pretty much anything.

Some encounters will have mechanics that require better reaction and planning times, so having a guild of friendly people that can help will go a long way if you want to experience the story.

Or make a build that can facetank most game content (and get help for those encounters you can't).

Other than the generally recommended minion master reaper, I've found that a jalis+kalla renegade built for tankiness can survive just fine against pretty much anything.

Some encounters will have mechanics that require better reaction and planning times, so having a guild of friendly people that can help will go a long way if you want to experience the story.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Hey mate. I'm 57 myself and if you want help with stories, assuming you're on a US server, I'd be happy to help you through all of it. Hit me up here or in game if you're interested.

I really need to take you up on this kind of thing someday. :)

Feel free. I help a lot of new and returning players. In fact, I even have a character named New Player Helper. If you need help with something, I can't promise I'll drop everything, but I will figure out something.

• ArenaNet Staff

Thank you. The moderator was concerned about your intial post, but you handled that removal with grace and with good will. When we suggest that a member is welcome to post again (if they make modest changes to the content) we really mean it!

I hope that you have a blast in the game, and that you consider accepting some of the generous offers you've received to party up or to ask questions. I wanted to mention we have a Players Helping Players subforum, too, and folks there are super helpful with advice, suggestions, and additional offers to come in the game and play alongside you as you venture through Tyria. Here's the forum link for you: Players Helping Players Subforum.

Welcome to the game!

I am active on PHP subforum, and you can easily copy paste my in-game name: Arden.7480 or any other forumer that is keen to help You. I really like story and I play everything this game has to offer (temporarly not raiding), so You can ask me anything about PvP, WvW, PvE, map completion, Fractals, Masteries etc. It's all easy, but it's easier if You have somebody that can give You some helpful tips.

GW2 was my first game I played ever, I play for six years, and I started playing when the Final events of Season 1 were happening, and my first 3 years I played with my brother that guided me through the game and different game modes, I started off with exploring, I took everything casually, all for fun, no grind, just pure joy, so I played like that until Nevermore was released in Heart of Thorns, so beside having a lot of fun, gathering gold, materials - grind appeared, but it was all fun. And when I got my first legendary that I really loved, this was amoment when I finally felt GW2 totally. It's amazing experience with amazing storytelling and combat. Also you can ask me about any profession, I have every single one. :) I know anything about elementalist, so if You'd like to play it, and don't know how to "bite" it, then ask me, and there is also Subforum about any profession, so You can ask about anything on the Forums, we will help. :)

I hope You will enjoy this game as I do, this Game is worth a shot. :)

@"retiredair.3876" said:I would like to apologize for the rant about the game. I evidently broke the form rules and monitor removed it but there where some post to it. It will not happen again, I was new to this game it seems to me to be a shooter game with a story line nothing I have played is like it, the on-line rpgs I have played had a level adjustment to complete the story lines this game has non. Other than the beginning story , I seem not to be able to complete the other stories there are battles that I just do not have the skills for. Plan to try and complete the maps. There things that I like in the game but at 70 years + I just don't have the eye hand coordination. No more complaints this will be my last post.

No worries, but might I recommend you check metabattle.com (https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World/Soloing) in the open world section. There is some great open world builds there which work nicely for playing and getting to know the game.

I personally would recommend giving the necromancer or ranger class a try, they are very beginner friendly and fun.

GL

@"Arden.7480" said:I am active on PHP subforum, and you can easily copy paste my in-game name: Arden.7480 or any other forumer that is keen to help You. I really like story and I play everything this game has to offer (temporarly not raiding), so You can ask me anything about PvP, WvW, PvE, map completion, Fractals, Masteries etc. It's all easy, but it's easier if You have somebody that can give You some helpful tips.

GW2 was my first game I played ever, I play for six years, and I started playing when the Final events of Season 1 were happening, and my first 3 years I played with my brother that guided me through the game and different game modes, I started off with exploring, I took everything casually, all for fun, no grind, just pure joy, so I played like that until Nevermore was released in Heart of Thorns, so beside having a lot of fun, gathering gold, materials - grind appeared, but it was all fun. And when I got my first legendary that I really loved, this was amoment when I finally felt GW2 totally. It's amazing experience with amazing storytelling and combat. Also you can ask me about any profession, I have every single one. :) I know anything about elementalist, so if You'd like to play it, and don't know how to "bite" it, then ask me, and there is also Subforum about any profession, so You can ask about anything on the Forums, we will help. :)

I hope You will enjoy this game as I do, this Game is worth a shot. :)

You might want to check the mentoring thread on the Players helping Players section to offer your help :)

Just throwing this out there for anyone who might be interested. There is a FB group that is for girls, and those who identify as female, that play GW2. It is an awesome group with a lot of very helpful people. There are girls of all ages from young to old, I myself am turning 58 in about a week, and both EU and NA players. If you are female, or identify as such, and needing some help or just want to make new friends that share the game come check it out.

The name of the group is Guild Wars 2 Girls.

@Agrotera.1254 said:Just throwing this out there for anyone who might be interested. There is a FB group that is for girls, and those who identify as female, that play GW2. It is an awesome group with a lot of very helpful people. There are girls of all ages from young to old, I myself am turning 58 in about a week, and both EU and NA players. If you are female, or identify as such, and needing some help or just want to make new friends that share the game come check it out.

The name of the group is Guild Wars 2 Girls.

I can attest to this! These ladies are awesome! <3 <3

Hey there retiredair.3876.

I'm a long time player of this franchise going back to the original Guildwars 1.. about 13-14 years now and I love seeing/hearing about people in your age group playing video games ^^Been gaming almost 30 years myself and one day I hope to be your age and still doing what I love most and playing video games :D

I don't know much about your experiences with Guildwars 2 and I didn't catch your last post before it was removed but as a big Guildwars 2 player I'd like to confirm pretty much all the advice given here so far is pretty good advice for you to consider.

I have one of the afore mentioned Tanky Minion Master Necromancer/Reaper type builds myself and it's one of my favorites, can facetank almost anything and is super hard for most enemies to kill.They're really easy to build and play and would very likely serve you pretty well.I like to mix the Blood Magic, Death Magic and Reaper trait lines together with a focus on having my minions getting harder to kill and stealing life.I'll be happy to give my exact build to you if you want it.

Another build I can personally recommend that might work for you is for the core Ranger.It's a mostly Longbow build.. not very tanky but if your always staying away from your enemies you don't really need to be :)It uses Spirits to buff both Ranger and Pet and the main goal is to play more of a ranged support kind of role.Let the pet take the enemies attention while you fill it's face full of arrows ^^I'll be happy to share this build with you as well if Ranger is more your kind of thing.

I'm not a big fan of this games big DPS meta culture.. I like to play the PvE single player game running builds that I find enjoyable to play so if you're interested in either of the 2 builds/playstyles I mentioned I'll be happy to write out what I personally use here for you at your request.Hopefully you can find something that works for you and enjoy this great game, It's one of the most casual friendly MMO's I've ever played and one of my personal favorite games ^^Best of luck to you.

It can take some time learning the Game. But, there's no rush! Take it easy & enjoy. The Game is generous.Don't be hard on yourself.You'll also find, as seen above, the Players are generous. Unlike any I've seen.Believe it.Not as knowledgeable as some yet but, add me to your list. North America.

Archived