Confusion Damage to Raid bosses — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Confusion Damage to Raid bosses

Alyster.9470Alyster.9470 Member
edited February 8, 2019 in Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

https://i.imgur.com/XNyQt6L.png

The above image is taken from the guild CnD and their benchmarks for the bosses using mirage.

This is mainly for raids, I think people have made enough discussions about pvp. So, I have just watched the shatter mirage and damage benchmarks on bosses mainly focused on stacking as much confusion as possible and the damage outcomes are not normal. As being the only class to apply such crazy amounts of confusion I think either the damage bosses take from confusion has to be nerfed or the general amount of confusion that mirages can stack.

I do play mirage but I am quite bored of playing it in places that you “must only play mirage” but as for power favoured bosses you can switch between many classes and have quite some options, but for largos, matthias or desmina there is literally no option for anyone to play other than mirage. I prefer different classes being able to be effective in some fights not a single class to dominate every other just because it can stack confusion.

Comments

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

Probably better posted in the Raids forum....

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

You also have to keep in mind that it's players and the meta that drive what classes are used. You can use whatever class you want in a Raid but because of the status quo you may be soloing it, lol.

Fàther (TK)
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree. Atm we have bosses where Power dps is good and then we have bosses where mirage is good.

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019

Not everyone can pull off those numbers though. For many players i have seen, condi sb is as good an option tbh. Well, for matthias and desmina. Largos is mirage-only definitely, byt i'd say that is as much for damage, as it is for survivability.

Also, i tend to hate some people playing mirages on desmina a lot, because they end up teleporting outside middle circle and spawning the big walls way too often for my liking.

yes, mirage is definitely good, but it's hardly the only reasonable condi option available as some seem to be suggesting.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019

@Astralporing.1957 said:
    Not everyone can pull off those numbers though. For many players i have seen, condi sb is as good an option tbh. Well, for matthias and desmina. Largos is mirage-only definitely, byt i'd say that is as much for damage, as it is for survivability.

Also, i tend to hate some people playing mirages on desmina a lot, because they end up teleporting outside middle circle and spawning the big walls way too often for my liking.

yes, mirage is definitely good, but it's hardly the only reasonable condi option available as some seem to be suggesting.

What many players dont understand, is that if you play confusion mirage badly, then its not worth it - especially if you have a firebrand+renegade support team. Either learn it properly, or just stick to your main dps. Its way more important to not get kicked of the platform and not bubbled, than bringing confusion to that fight.

Id really wish anet would do something about the extreme outlier largos encounter. Tbh, Id wish they would finally revert the changes to confusion in PvE. This whole "crit" idea is nice for PvP and WvW, but its plain horrible for PvE balancing. Confusion stacking builds like condi mirage is horrible on the majority of bosses, while extremely OP on the few ones that have a fast attack rate.
    Horrible design. Just horrible.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019

@Yasi.9065 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

What many players dont understand, is that if you play confusion mirage badly, then its not worth it - especially if you have a firebrand+renegade support team. Either learn it properly, or just stick to your main dps. Its way more important to not get kicked of the platform and not bubbled, than bringing confusion to that fight.

Id really wish anet would do something about the extreme outlier largos encounter. Tbh, Id wish they would finally revert the changes to confusion in PvE. This whole "crit" idea is nice for PvP and WvW, but its plain horrible for PvE balancing. Confusion stacking builds like condi mirage is horrible on the majority of bosses, while extremely OP on the few ones that have a fast attack rate.

This.

Both Astralporing and Yasi are correct. People assume they are doing good damage because they log Mirage. Then they don't realize that their 12-15k dps on arc on Largos is not that great. Mirage needs to be played well to be worth it. Renegade, Holo or Soulbeast are very good dps for those fights, and in some cases way easier to be played.

Largos being a huge exception due to the overall movement favoring Mirage very heavily. All other bosses, honestly unless you are running a top end speed clear guild, bring which ever condi build you are comfortable with.

I'd personally take a very easy to play condi soulbeast who gets 80% of snowcrows dps over some 60% of snowcrows performance mirage.

• Walhalla.5473Walhalla.5473 Member ✭✭✭

@Yasi.9065 said:

Well Anet wants Confusion to be a flavorfull bursty condition that punishes others for using skills. It was a change that was made solely with PvP and WvW in mind and made no sense in PvE where mobs don't care if they have confusion. It was also the only change that Anet didn't really talk about back then while other stuff like, the phantasm/clone change and alacrity got quite the amount of explanation which was good but the overall confusion change ( a big one ) got only " we are very excited about this"....

And yes Anet needs to revert the confusion change back in PvE. Let PvP and WvW have this new confusion type, it makes sense there but it needs to be reverted in PvE. Flavor is a nice thing when it works and doesn't interfere with the skill but here the "flavor" is just making this thing bad.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.