I feel like Enchanted Daggers could use a makeover

Swagger.1459

There are a bunch of heal skills across professions that I would never touch due to better options, but obviously this is all ya got if ya want Shiro...

Current design...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_DaggersSummon enchanted daggers that will attack as you attack, siphoning life from targets hit.

• Siphon Damage: 1,028
  • Siphon Healing: 808
  • Initial Heal: 1,640
  • Number of Hits: 6
  • Duration: 15s
  • Interval: ½s
  • Range: 1,200

What I'd like to propose...

Summon enchanted daggers that siphon life from targets.

• Initial Heal: 3,280
  • Siphon Healing: 808
  • Number of Siphons: 3
  • Interval: ½s
  • Range: 900

So... I've removed the damage function. Doubled the initial heal. And reduced the range to 900.

Thoughts?

Well, I'd really like Enchated Daggers to get changed since Shiro with Devastation has 3 same effects. Grandmaster Minor gives siphon, Major gives siphon and Shiro heal gives siphon - that's boring design. With Kalla's elite it adds to the pile of "your attacks siphon health from the enemies" effect.

I could see Enchanted Daggers being changed to something more engaging instead of yet another damage tool for Revenant. It's hard to think of something specific but there are definitely ways to make this skill more interesting.

I certainly agree about it being weak. One of the first builds I played around with was completely dedicated to Siphons. I had stacked all of the following items to strengthen my Siphons as much as possible:

Enchanted DaggersAssassin's AnnihilationFocused SiphoningFacet of Nature - AssassinSigil of Blood + Sigil of Leeching on my SwordsScoop of Mintberry Swirl Icecream

Every now and again I would get a nice multi-proc or a few things would go off in quick succession and I'd get some decent health return. But in general, even with that many Siphons stacked, it wasn't very noticable against anything besides flat damage immunities like Endure Pain or Signet of Stone.

Enchanted Daggers are an okay damage buffer when coupled with other abilities like Impossible Odds and Facet of Nature but, on it's own, it's irrelevant. It may as well not be there IMO.

Your suggestion is okay but, I'd like something more like this:Summon Enchanted Daggers that Siphon Life as you attack. This effect increases based on Energy Level.Begins at a Life Siphon of 750 and increases to a maximum of 1,250 at full Energy.The damage from the Siphons is reduced, the initial heal and projectile is removed and there is no longer a delay between Siphons. At max Energy a full 6 hits would equal a heal of 7,500. This would be similar in function to Channeled Vigor and would deal damage similar to Leeching sigil. Blocking or evading it would negate the heal unless unblockable effects are active (eg. Phase Traversal).

My suggestion may not be great either but, I would definitely like to see something done with it. It's practically a waste of Energy to even use it in it's current form IMO.

My thoughts are that it fits well into the meta power Herald build, but that it does partially contribute to restricting off-meta build viability if running only core legends due to lack of (re)sustain.

I understand why it is built the way it does, and honestly it is a good design for the primary intended purpose of the legend: sacrifice sustain for higher (spike) damage output. It also makes sense that it is in Shiro because the legend is partially balanced around damage avoidance via Riposting Shadows and smart positioning via Phase Traversal. I see most players use this as a damage tool rather than a healing tool. I see it similarly to Thief's Mug, in that although the damage in isolation may not be insanely powerful, its contribution to potential spike damage is quite significant. Most Revs I duel, for example, will precast this before actually engaging due to its spike potential. This is fine when running Glint as the secondary legend because you have Infuse Light to carry your sustain. However, whenever I have run a core build with Shiro (and without Ventari for healing power), I do feel extremely squishy, and that if I am pressured heavily, I have very significant issues with resustaining. I admit that it could be due to not being the best player, but it contrasts quite sharply compared to other classes I play and encounter. Now is this enough of a reason to rebalance the skill? Not necessarily, I wouldn't say so. Enchanted Daggers is a well-designed skill and appropriate for its legend. However, I think in general they need to think of how to balance core Revenant outside of Glint because of how integral Glint is to so many builds.

Archived