Is the March sale on?

I would love to see March start with a big sale and by sale I mean discount on things like total makeovers, name changes, bank tabs, shared inventory slots, and so on. Yes, I spend plenty of gems on full-price things in the GS, but a really good sale might get more people involved after the latest bad news.

@RubberDougie.2750 said:

@Klypto.1703 said:Waiting to see if these nerfs happen before spending anything lol

Much needed ones? Mirage was busted

Mirage no doubt needed the nerfing its just the other classes/specs that got nerfs didn't really need them. The way they are explained as well its as if they are taking away but not giving back in any other meaningful direction. For example the revenant they are trying to destroy its condition abilities like they did to all the other classes except for mesmer. So the only kind of buffs for a thief are to give them conditions to throw out with pistol/dagger. Then on top of that it says off hand dagger but the changes don't apply to making the off hand dagger with dagger/dagger meaningful at all. So basically if they are going to pretty much kill classes and specs I play I don't really have a reason to want to give them money nor play the game anymore.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:The wiki community is also keeping things up-to-date at this article:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/March_Sale

The wiki is completely wrong about the March sale...

• The outfits cited have been in the Gem Shop for a long time...they are now on their way out.
  • The PoF prep combo has been in the Gem Shop since I started playing 105 days ago...and it's not on sale; it's being offered at it's regular price of 3,500 Gems.
  • The returning gliders (Bubble, Floral, etc.) are not cited at all.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:The wiki community is also keeping things up-to-date at this article:

The wiki is completely wrong about the March sale...The wiki is 100% correct about what
was
on sale each day.You seem to have misunderstood how some March sales work. The items/discounts last 24 hours, so it's not possible to check today to see what was available yesterday, let alone two days ago.

Specifically...

• The outfits cited have been in the Gem Shop for a long time...they are now on their way out.Balthazar's Regalia Outfit, Grenth's Regalia Outfit, Lyssa's Regalia Outfit, Dwayna's Regalia Outfit are being sold for 525 gems instead of 700; the discount expires tomorrow. (The in-game text suggests that the items will remain, just the lower price is expiring, but we'll see.)

• The PoF prep combo has been in the Gem Shop since I started playing 105 days ago...and it's not on sale; it's being offered at it's regular price of 3,500 Gems.Path of Fire Preparation Pack is available today for 3500, but yesterday it was available for 2800, the same price as documented on the wiki.

• The returning gliders (Bubble, Floral, etc.) are not cited at all.Crystalline Dragon Wings Backpack Glider Combo, Vine-Touched Destroyer Glider Combo were available on the 1st at the discounted price shown on the wiki.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"Etria.3642" said:POF combo is on sale on my page.

Uh, no, it's not.

It is being sold; it's not available at a discount price. The phrase "on sale" in English could refer to either scenario; it's ambiguous in meaning and in the context of the conversation. Further, the PoF Prep package can only be sold twice to each account, so it won't be visible to everyone, regardless of the discount.

@GW Noob.6038 said:@Illconceived Was Na.9781 Oh, I see. So the March sale "event" isn't really an event at all...

It's not an "in game" event; it's a marketing event. It's happened every year, since the first March.

they're just putting things on sale that they couldn't sell before at the regular price.Actually, they make all sorts of stuff available that sells plenty well, including Black Lion Keys, Character Slots, Bank Slots, Shared Inventory slots.

Many people, including myself, are content to wait until March to buy stuff.

FYI: usually the first few days aren't very interesting for the majority (although I guarantee, there's always someone waiting for a discount on any particular item you might name that is of no interest to you or I).

FYI #2: Culturally, in the US, "March Madness" sales are common, due to the associated "March Madness" college basketball tourney.

And final FYI: to get my name to link correctly, type the 'at' symbol (@) and a few letters of my name, then press tab; that ensures correct syntax. (Might take a little getting used to.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Uh, no, it's not.

It is being
sold
; it's not available at a
discount
price. The phrase "on sale" in English could refer to either scenario; it's ambiguous in meaning and in the context of the conversation. Further, the PoF Prep package can only be sold twice to each account, so it won't be visible to everyone, regardless of the discount.

Correct.

But, the state of Minnesota in the USA has a law making "on sale" mean "for a lower price". Other states may have similar laws, which could be confusing GW Noob and Etria.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:@Illconceived Was Na.9781 Oh, I see. So the March sale "event" isn't really an event at all...

It's not an "in game" event; it's a marketing event. It's happened every year, since the first March.

they're just putting things on sale that they couldn't sell before at the regular price.Actually, they make all sorts of stuff available that sells plenty well, including Black Lion Keys, Character Slots, Bank Slots, Shared Inventory slots.

Many people, including myself, are content to wait until March to buy stuff.

FYI: usually the first few days aren't very interesting for the majority (although I guarantee, there's always someone waiting for a discount on any particular item you might name that is of no interest to you or I).

FYI #2: Culturally, in the US, "March Madness" sales are common, due to the associated "March Madness" college basketball tourney.

And final FYI: to get my name to link correctly, type the 'at' symbol (
@
) and a few letters of my name, then press tab; that ensures correct syntax. (Might take a little getting used to.)

Correct again.

And, they should have waited until after the March sales to do the layoffs, I think. I plan on spending a couple hundred dollars, and I know many others are, too. Might have spared a few.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

Uh, no, it's not.

It is being
sold
; it's not available at a
discount
price. The phrase "on sale" in English could refer to either scenario; it's ambiguous in meaning and in the context of the conversation. Further, the PoF Prep package can only be sold twice to each account, so it won't be visible to everyone, regardless of the discount.

Correct.

But, the state of Minnesota in the USA has a law making "on sale" mean "for a lower price". Other states may have similar laws, which could be confusing GW Noob and Etria.

It's confusing for anyone who speaks English. The phrase is ambiguous because language is ambiguous.

@Daddicus.6128 said:And, they should have waited until after the March sales to do the layoffs, I think. I plan on spending a couple hundred dollars, and I know many others are, too. Might have spared a few.ANet wasn't given any choice. The budget for major projects was cancelled. They had to cut costs immediately. No amount of March sales was going to make up for the loss, especially since the income from such marketing is already factored in to the company's expected annual income.

It isn't available any longer but when I replied to this the package WAS available at a reduced price of 2800 gems compared to 3500 which would make it on sale according to both definitions.

However it also said I could only get two at that price so it is possible others had already gotten it at a reduced price (I remember seeing it sometime in November December too) which could mean theirs showed at the higher price.

Just a guess.

Archived