Were the Mirage nerfs FINALLY enough...?

narcx.3570

What do you guys think...?

I was having a real easy time (relatively) today in all my Mirage1v1's... But like, I don't want to get too excited since the talent pool is so skewed right now with the open-world community coming into WvW to get their kitty today.

But they definitely feel much more killable... Thoughts?

Well, spent 12 hours roaming on WvW today. Killed 2 condi mirages in 2vs1 along with some others power/condi mirages later but they were very meh and seemed like your typical FoTM class bandwagon garbage.Then dueled some WSR Axe mirage on red border and could do no shit to him despite running 2 condition transfers and 2 cleanses. Just too much blind, cc, stealth and gapclosers (escapes). Each time I transfered conditions I had at least 8 stacks of confusion and around 4 stacks of torment.But yeah I imagine it's much easier to deal with them now in SPVP, in 2vs1 examples for example. Which is still trading two for one with some possibility of failure.

God I hate mesmers. And my friends keep asking me why I stop talking and treating them like humans when they roll mirage for roaming. Not even current boonbeast as obnoxious

The mesmers in my WvW guild report no real negative changes. One was even talking to me about how he found a nice combo with the Warclaw 1 skill.

It's hard to tell though since nobody is posting "nerf mirage" posts, as they are all too busy with buff warclaw / nerf warclaw / remove warclaw / give warclaw to PvE posts.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:The mesmers in my WvW guild report no real negative changes. One was even talking to me about how he found a nice combo with the Warclaw 1 skill.

It's hard to tell though since nobody is posting "nerf mirage" posts, as they are all too busy with buff warclaw / nerf warclaw / remove warclaw / give warclaw to PvE posts.

That's true - I give it maybe a few weeks when the warclaw novelty shines off and we'll be at square one again.

@Biff.5312 said:

@phokus.8934 said:In wvw they’re much easier to kill than in pvp. But Mirage sustain and condi output was nerfed through MC and axe. They’re less obnoxious in pvp, though.

Forgive my ignorance - can you explain why it's easier to kill them in wvw? Just curious.

The window for them to be invuln through dodge is lowered so I can actually pull off combos that aren't instantly negated over the course of 2 seconds.

@Susy.7529 said:But why posting this in Revenant forum? o.O

Because it was in reference to Revenant's matchup vs Mirage. I imagine this was created because meta Herald gets countered pretty hard by Condi Mirage.

To answer the OP: I win vs most Condi Mirages, but that is because I roam on Condi Rev and get carried by Pulsating Pestilence, and Mallyx and Torment Runes are fantastic against clones. Transferring a bunch of confusion and torment obliterates unexpecting Mirages. With that said, a Mirage that knows how to fight me can still destroy me.

@Biff.5312 said:Forgive my ignorance - can you explain why it's easier to kill them in wvw? Just curious.

While I can't speak for the poster of the comment you're replying to, IMO, it's much easier in WvW because you have a much wider selection of gearing options and there's less incentive for the Mirage to play a stall-game waiting for a +1.

One of the biggest advantages Mirages have is that all of their most potent offensive skills also come with i-frames, blinds, dazes, or target loss attached to them which gives them a big layer of free defense. sPvP has a pretty limited selection of sigils, and more of an all-or-nothing selection of stats, which limits most classes ability to dish out huge damage while also having a ton of defense--mirages' inherent ability to do both at the same time gives them a big advantage within this scope of limited gear options. This is lessened in WvW, where you can be creative with your sigils/runes/gear stats to up your defensive capabilities without cutting into your burst, which somewhat levels the playing field vs them.

@Susy.7529 said:But why posting this in Revenant forum? o.O

Because they are our nemesisisisesesisi...! Nerfs to them is huge news in a Rev community.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:OP: I win vs most Condi Mirages, but that is because I roam on Condi Rev and get carried by Pulsating Pestilence, and Mallyx and Torment Runes are fantastic against clones. Transferring a bunch of confusion and torment obliterates unexpecting Mirages. With that said, a Mirage that knows how to fight me can still destroy me.

Yeah the element of surprise is a much bigger edge in WvW where you are basically only fighting the person once...

@Justine.6351 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:You're taking it too personally if you stop talking to friends if they are using a class/build you hate. In any case I still think mirage in particular could use more tweaks.

It isn't a class/build he hates, it's the low leveling of playing that he despises. People are what they eat.

As one of notable examples, I didn't appreciate it when somebody said "oh look at all these mirages popping out, effing annoying" and then became one too.

Archived