Roaming isn't dead from the new mounts

Joshewwah.2956

@Shadow Order.7258 said:

@"Mechanix.9315" said:So that means we all need to run longbow rangers now?

It's what all the gank group players have been running lately anyway.

ehhh no?

there are multiple classes/builds with high spike damage and huge mobility, to me what surprised me, was how my mount managed to survive a full shiro revenant burst and i just triple dodge running away.

Longbow SB is ofc more broken due to insanity of damage multiplers, but is that your solution then? more pewpew cancer lets go.

@Joshewwah.2956 said:You can easily get dismounted by a ranger with their longbow combo. You can probably outrun other classes and disincentivise them from chasing you while you are mounted, but rangers only need to use 2 skills and some auto attacks to knock you off

If a ranger managed to burst and dismounted you. Take my word, grab this opportunity and go all in for the ranger while all the cds are down.

With deadeye what players are referring to is the combination of reveal skills players already had, trick, trap, sentry, watchtower, and now mount that has a mark/reveal that is 3 times the range of the rifle itself. The only thing is one trait for 200 power if you are using it and happen to be revealed. What happened is anet caved in to ppl who didn't use the options available so basically overloaded the game mode with passive ways to do it instead of learning how to fight. The problem there in is no way to counter this at all where as when people claimed that it was impossible to fight they had counterplay options where as the with the marked issue there is nothing to counter that. Is the sole purpose of why wvw is usually dead outside of reset because no one wants to fight at a t3 tower with a watchtower. So they made the problem even worse with this mount. Which when I'm not playing deadeye its semi okay but takes all the fun out of playing deadeye.

So you are saying that If I do not have a mount, or even I have a mount but I want to protect my camps (and kill you before you put cross swords and force other roamers to come there), I should play an instaburst profession? Because I cannot do it with my ele or my scrapper. So I should dust off my thief, ranger or mesmer and instaburst you. If that does not work, I should gather 1-2 guildies and instaburst-cc-instaburst again. For a community that complains about thieves, rangers and mesmers so much, you do not give me a lot of options here? Especially if I do not have a mount. I cannot zerg, I cannot 1v1 vs someone with a mount. Only option I have seems to be ganking. Which has been one of the major controversial topics in wvw for quite a long time ( and I really dislike it).

@Klypto.1703 said:With deadeye what players are referring to is the combination of reveal skills players already had, trick, trap, sentry, watchtower, and now mount that has a mark/reveal that is 3 times the range of the rifle itself. The only thing is one trait for 200 power if you are using it and happen to be revealed. What happened is anet caved in to ppl who didn't use the options available so basically overloaded the game mode with passive ways to do it instead of learning how to fight. The problem there in is no way to counter this at all where as when people claimed that it was impossible to fight they had counterplay options where as the with the marked issue there is nothing to counter that. Is the sole purpose of why wvw is usually dead outside of reset because no one wants to fight at a t3 tower with a watchtower. So they made the problem even worse with this mount. Which when I'm not playing deadeye its semi okay but takes all the fun out of playing deadeye.

sniff does not mark nor reveal stealthed players.

Archived