Do the new weapons remind you of Kurzicks?

Knuckle Joe.7408

I might be far fetching stuff, but the new defiant glass weapons remind me specifically of the Kurzicks. The theme of the weapons kind of mirrors the Echovald Forest no? The color of the non-glass parts, the spike adornments on the weapons, the glass and the gods (from wikia: The Kurzicks are a nation of very religious people who take the worship of the True Gods very seriously.) all scream Echovald Forest's Kurzick cathedrals. And the interwined branches... Well back in GW1 the forest was petrified, but recent lore says it has started to sprout life again.The shield could be a juggernaut's face as well.

Hmm, god motifs, dark, gray hues, cathedral-esque glass/adornments, with interwined vegetation...https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/gwwikia/images/e/e1/The_Ancestral_Lands_%28Kurzick%29.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070628010041

So, what do you think? Subtle foreshadowing or far fetched? Has a gemstore item foreshadowed anything in the past?

This is very far fetched to be honest. I think there have been foreshadowing in the gemstore before but this feels like trying to find a link rather than one existing.

My suspicion is a link to the Gods being foreshadowed, one I would not normally link if it wasn’t for them seeding God lore on twitter recently and even that’s a stretch

The only similarity is the "stained glass" look really. And we see such utilized throughout the Depths of Tyria in GW1, in Divinity's Reach, and elsewhere.

The weapons seem to be an extension of the Shattered Cathedral Glider from a while back. People instantly went 'OMG KURZICKS OMG CANTHA INCOMING!!!" and look where we are, half a year later...

People are trying to relate everything and anything to Cantha and go "OMG FORESHADOWING OF CANTHA!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1!" which is getting more and more silly.

More than just Kurzicks worshiped the gods, and more than just Kurzicks had cathedrals with stain glass in them. Besides that:

@"Randulf.7614" said:My suspicion is a link to the Gods being foreshadowed, one I would not normally link if it wasn’t for them seeding God lore on twitter recently and even that’s a stretch

While a stretch, it's also the least stretchies of things.

Since when has BLC and gemstore skins foreshadowed something? They've only ever be used to "postshadowed" story stuff (often by a week of the release). Or was released at the same time as the content they're used for.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:The only similarity is the "stained glass" look really. And we see such utilized throughout the Depths of Tyria in GW1, in Divinity's Reach, and elsewhere.

The weapons seem to be an extension of the Shattered Cathedral Glider from a while back. People instantly went 'OMG KURZICKS OMG CANTHA INCOMING!!!" and look where we are, half a year later...

People are trying to relate everything and anything to Cantha and go "OMG FORESHADOWING OF CANTHA!!!!!!!!!!11!1!1!" which is getting more and more silly.

More than just Kurzicks worshiped the gods, and more than just Kurzicks had cathedrals with stain glass in them. Besides that:

@"Randulf.7614" said:My suspicion is a link to the Gods being foreshadowed, one I would not normally link if it wasn’t for them seeding God lore on twitter recently and even that’s a stretch

Since when has BLC and gemstore skins
foreshadowed
something? They've only ever be used to "postshadowed" story stuff (often by a week of the release). Or was released at the same time as the content they're used for.

I did say “i think” which clears me in case im wrong. I just have a vague memory of something, but i cant think what at this time

@"Lottie.5370" said:They reminded me more of the Gods tbh. The staff/shortbow/hammer definitely feel very Melandru - green and tree/leafy. Blue - Dwayna, Pink - Lyssa (the scepter even has two female faces on it), Darker Green - Grenth, Light - Kormir, Red - Balthazar.

Most of them have parts of the gods' statues. The "two female faces" are from her statue in fact.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:The only similarity is the "stained glass" look really. And we see such utilized throughout the Depths of Tyria in GW1, in Divinity's Reach, and elsewhere.

Since when has BLC and gemstore skins
foreshadowed
something? They've only ever be used to "postshadowed" story stuff (often by a week of the release). Or was released at the same time as the content they're used for.

I’ve never taken it as a sign of us going to Cantha immediately, but that these could potentially be assets being worked on behind the scenes and incorporated in parts as gemstone items. At the very least considering the potential to reuse some of these assets down the road.

I also stop to wonder, why the shattered glider? Why an Aztec mount skin? Why an Aztec themed legendary weapon? Why specifically those things? What made them think of those when coming up with new item themes? Given the context of the current game. Which leads me to the idea that they came up with them because to some degree, those assets or ideas are already floating around. That’s just my train of thought, and I’m sure someone is eager to counter in every possible way they can, but personally, some of these items just seem really random.

I immediately thought of Cantha and Shiro’ken when I saw the glider, OP. The weapons have more of a multi colored crystal theme but I can see the correlation to the glider now.

Archived