Why do wvw resets have much more people playing?

spectrito.8513

@spectrito.8513 said:Sorry for my lack of eloquence and forum experience, but my point is: dont you think WvW is more fun when there's no structures to fight for and people just focus on the PvP aspect ?

Better!

Actually, they are fighting over the structures because they are more likely to be paper. People don’t want to beat their heads against a T3 wall.

The two hours after reset is pretty much the only time where kills equals the PPT in importance, scores are generally pretty balanced and objectives are enjoyable to fight over for all sizes of groups. Hell I would even go so far and say that kills matter too much these two hours on reset. That's how skewed the tier system is. The exponentially increasing PPT and defensive buffs from T1-T3 objectives is what ruins the scoring balance and slows down the gameplay to a crawl for anything but full zergs.

Not to mention its a fresh start after a week they already won or lost on tuesday/wednesday most likely.

There's also a lot of us that have finished the pip chest with no more tickets to be gathered.So am sure some are like me and prefer just popping in the week from time to time and using most of the time for real life stuff.Besides Friday to Sunday is usually were most people are off weekend break so makes sense that's its the big bang then...and a working wvw crawl in the week.

Besides for a lot of people WvW is just for the fun it brings...winning and taking it more seriously usually is only fight guilds that want to stay in the top tiers more activity...usually I couldn't care booooo which tier am in, the lowest often the better for my havok grp.Also the WvW game mode is getting the dummed down by more and more pve content instead of just adding more meaningfull rewards like continuing on legendary armor,pips,etc...so am losing more interest in it as awhole that and server pride dead.

@spectrito.8513 said:It seems like people enjoy way more resets rather play the game mode in the way It was designed to be played.

There isn't just one reason why more people play reset than other times but here are a couple I know of from my own experience with my group which have some that just play reset while others play all week long:

• Its Friday night, for many the work week is done and people can sleep in on Saturday
  • More people are on, in game, guild and WvW population
  • Its an acceptable night to relax and toss some back and join others on voice while doing something
  • Its a new fight mix up and potentially new peeps to meet if its re-linking week
  • Its an easy time to arrange people to be doing the same guild activity
  • Its a great time to run guild missions if you have your setting set to WvW mission focus
  • Its a good indicator on how the week might play out in the new matchup

I am sure there are even more but those come to mind first.

There is one very important reason that needs to be underlined again:

It is a new week, the outcome has not been decided yet so people have a reason to fight and capture stuff. Once the broken scoring and population imbalance has ruined the week people just stop playing as the mode is intended and wait for the next friday, hoping for better-balanced matchups.

Archived