Ascended items in the new unidentified gear.

@Rauderi.8706 said:Ascended won't drop from open world. Some higher Fractals, raids (and very rarely WvW?) will have it.Exotics are also not a part of the UnID gear system. If loot rolls an exotic, you just get it in your inventory.

Actually there are number of OW bosses that can drop ascended gear, Including SW chests. I have gotten ascended from DS, SW and Istan.

@phs.6089 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:Ascended won't drop from open world. Some higher Fractals, raids (and very rarely WvW?) will have it.Exotics are also not a part of the UnID gear system. If loot rolls an exotic, you just get it in your inventory.

Actually there are number of OW bosses that can drop ascended gear, Including SW chests. I have gotten ascended from DS, SW and Istan.

To clarify though, they will drop from chests, not from mob kills.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@phs.6089 said:

To clarify though, they will drop from chests, not from mob kills.

Exactly. Unidentified gear just replaces generic blue/green/rare drops. Anything else will still drop separately. (And likewise unidentified gear will only turn into blue/green/rare/exotic equipment - you won't get other kinds of items from it.)

@Star Master.9051 said:

@Star Master.9051 said:Does the new unidentified gear drops change how we get ascended items? I.E. Rings, Weapons, Armor, Etc.

I wasn't clear I meant like in WvW, Fractals, and any where else that ascended gear drops.

Most of those come from separate rewards - eg wvw rank up, fractal end loot chest/daily. Shouldn't be affected in which case

Slightly inaccurate. Exotics can also still drop within unids, it is just the chances are lowered from that source due to the MF changes.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Slightly inaccurate. Exotics can also still drop within unids, it is just the chances are lowered from that source due to the MF changes.If you want to be even more accurate: unidentified gear gives an additional (low) chance at exotics on top of the regular (like in: has been this way before) chance to get exotics directly in core and HoT zones.

The chance to drop exotic items outright on all maps has not changed, but due to now dropping unidentified gear instead of generic loot, those maps that didn't have unidentified gear before effectively have an increased chance at exotics. That said, the base chance to get exotics either from direct drop or from identifying is still pretty low, just a tiny bit less low than before ;) .

The way I understand the unidentified gear change is this:

Before this change game would 'roll' on 2 sets of loot tables to determine a drop. The first one decides the type of item - junk item, common, fine, masterwork, rare or exotic equipment, something special like an ascended drop or a recipe or trophy unique to that enemy (like krait dropping krait scales for the collection) or whatever else is available. Then the second loot table is specific to that type of item and determines the exact drop. (So the first roll decides you'll get rare equipment and the second one decides which rare equipment piece it is).

Now the first roll is unchanged, but if it results in a fine, masterwork or rare item the second roll doesn't happen and it just gives you unidentified gear instead. But for everything else the process is exactly the same.

Archived