Ascended gear trauma :(****

I made a really stupid costly mistake and now I am looking for a way to fix it. Having 16 characters I can easily see how I did this but now I just need to make the best of it. I have made 3 pieces of Heavy WupWup armor and the other 4 WupWup Celestial Insignia's. I was basing this off of a build I saw on metabattle. Obviously I am considering too many characters at once.

Anyway! I realized in going back and looking at builds on metabattle that there isn't a Guardian, Rev, or Warrior build there that uses WupWup. There IS however a Celestial Scourge build, so I am wondering if I had meant to make this for my Necro. The thing is in the build I looked at (can't even find it in my browser history) there were three armor options, the last one was WupWup. And in the Celestial Scourge build there is but one armor option. I'm so confused, maybe the build I was working on was removed?

Any suggestions? Polite ones.....TIA I appreciate the community here.

Very high chance of a build falling out of meta due to balance changes. So this is a high probability of why a build might not be present on metabattle currently. Also make sure to check some of the builds for alternative stats, people usually put some in.

As far as WupWup crafting, and the time gate associated with it, I would simply hold on to the insignias and armor pieces. You never know what future change might encourage heavy WupWup armor or for what to use the insignias. Worst case, reforge the 3 WupWup armor pieces and save the 4 insignias.

Don't beat yourself up to much about this. It happens to all of us. I've picked my fair share of incorrect armor weight pieces from ascended chests. It happens.

I've picked my fair share of incorrect armor weight pieces from ascended chests. It happens.Same, and made the wrong weight or wrong stat. It's cheap to transform stats to something you can use, so I've never raised a support ticket for it.

If you are low on coin/resources, then consider asking ANet for help. If you do, keep the ticket simple (no need to explain in detail why), e.g. "I made three light ascended pieces and meant to create three heavy; can you help me to swap them?"

Like others say, don't be too harsh to yourself, that happens to all of us, especially if you have one armor crafting toon (that is, toon with all three armor crafting) :) Asc stat changing has saved my resources more than once. Furthermore, I think that there are several classes/builds who would inherently benefit from Celestial stats for certain purposes, even if they are not strictly meta - namely firebrand, scourge, maybe mirage comes in to my mind with their hybrid nature.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Very high chance of a build falling out of meta due to balance changes.

Oh god I hate this. You invest some serious resources for one set, and next day it has been balanced out from scene. It makes especially WvW side very tiresome.

I would pay real money to improve this side. Some things I could consider are:

1) How about Exotic quality legendary armor? That is, exotic armor with stat selection feature. Or even Rare quality stat-swappable pieces? In many other fronts GW2 encourages trying out things, but trying out different stats + runes + sigils is very laborous and expensive process.

2) What if you could "melt" ascended pieces together? And if you could "augment" a piece so that you could drop runes/sigils/infusions off like legendaries? So that if you have e.g. Berserker and Marauder pieces, you would be able to melt them together, and choose stats between those two. If you craft asc pieces with all stats, and augment piece with that rune-dropping device, you would practically made you a legendary. Maybe you could augment pieces with insignias/inscriptions only, using them to make an enchanting device to apply those stats to chosen asc piece.

Like a muppet, a couple of months ago I made an entire set of ascended armour of the wrong weight (I made heavy and meant to make medium).I created a suitably apologetic support ticket and asked if they would be prepared to swap them for me.A couple of weeks later I was running around on my ranger in the replacement set.If you're prepared to be patient, I'm sure submitting a ticket would be worth a try.Cheers,~TG

Lets not forget needing to craft 5 Gossamer Patches for an insignia, and in the crafting screen, adjusting the quantity to 5.... :frown:

(for those who don't know, the output quantity for crafting a Gossamer Patch is 5 units, so if in the crafting screen you increase the quantity to 5, you end up with 25 Gossamer Patches, and likely just used up all your hardened leather)

@TamX.1870 said:@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Very high chance of a build falling out of meta due to balance changes.

Oh god I hate this. You invest some serious resources for one set, and next day it has been balanced out from scene. It makes especially WvW side very tiresome.

There is a difference between "falling out of meta" and "complete and total garbage". While Celestial Scourge isn't considered meta in WvW for instance, that doesn't make it bad. It's just not as good as Celestial Scourge used to be, and on a spreadsheet, not as good as Power Scourge.

Now the changes we saw to Support Chrono a while back? Yeah, that was more rage inducing for those who had invested in the gear/upgrade components required.

the only class I can think of which used celestial on heavy armor would have been core guard in WvW before HoT times or ministrel stats became a thingas you are talking only about armor pieces I bet it would not really make a differnence if you just used them at least not in normal zerg play as the majority of your stats come from weapons, trinkets and bufffood

@wanya.1697 said:the only class I can think of which used celestial on heavy armor would have been core guard in WvW before HoT times or ministrel stats became a thingas you are talking only about armor pieces I bet it would not really make a differnence if you just used them at least not in normal zerg play as the majority of your stats come from weapons, trinkets and bufffood

Wasent there some elementalists running around with it aswell?

If you are willing to change the stat you could always try https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing I do this with most of the ascended gear that I get from fractals. As for the weight no way to do that other than what has been mentioned above with a support ticket. It would be nice if you could change the weight some how. Maybe in the future but not out yet.

Archived