ANet, what about Episode 6 "War Eternal"?

So according to the blog post that came a while ago, episode 6 will be delayed because of the restructuring and stuff.

That's fine, but the teaser for the episode came at the beginning of April at EGX. Some of us expected the trailer to drop this Tuesday and the episode on 30th. Clearly that's not gonna happen. The thingy is according to that_shamans countdown which has been accurate most of the time we're not seeing the episode till the end of May.

I understand that when you released that teaser and revealed the 2nd flying mount you were trying to promote the game (either at EGX or giving info to different websites to reveal) but either give some more info about the episode or a release date or stop teasing an episode 2 months before it's actual release. I see the focus is on the new players, new campaigns, posters and whatever but it's shitty to ignore the veterans and pretend to throw bones; over a 2 months period. This is by no means communication.

People wanted a teaser early so they gave it. Would you really rather no teaser before the end of May?

Personally I much rather the current approach of small teasers 1-2 months before release. I hope they continue doing this, albeit shortening the window between releases (which should happen now things have settled down). As a veteran I don't feel "kittened" and there is absolutely nothing in what they have done to show they are putting a thumb to the eye to the rest of us.

@"Nafets.1238" said:The teaser was not because people wanted it. It was because they were at EGX . You can't really go to a gaming conference and just keep talking, you have to show something or otherwise no one will even look your way.

That's fine, but people still wanted an early teaser. Whether that's why they gave it is irrelevant - people were still clamouring for info and they have given a few small teasers in terms of blogs, videos and posters. This is far better than anything we have had between episodes previously and I hope this is the start of a trend. - and I don't care whether it's 1, 2 or 3 months in advance. We knew it was getting delayed and this gives a little extra interest until it hits.

I don't overly care that is delayed as long we get a quality episode unlike ep5, but I kinda get people being a little frustrated by the wait. It is however, utterly outside of our control. I suggest instead of these daily threads complaining about the delay and what happens in the interim, everyone just sits back and enjoy what is in the game (of which there is considerable things to be doing) or do other things.

@"Randulf.7614" said:People wanted a teaser early so they gave it. Would you really rather no teaser before the end of May?

Personally I much rather the current approach of small teasers 1-2 months before release. I hope they continue doing this, albeit shortening the window between releases (which should happen now things have settled down). As a veteran I don't feel "kittened" and there is absolutely nothing in what they have done to show they are putting a thumb to the eye to the rest of us.

I will like that aproach too when (if) we get back to the 2-3 month cadence.

I dont like it when we near 3-4 to month months since last episode.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:People wanted a teaser early so they gave it. Would you really rather no teaser before the end of May?

I'll take 3 - 4 months between episodes if it leads to better quality episodes with slightly more polish and content. We know there's 4 teams, what exactly those 4 teams are doing we don't know, so there's actually no way for us to know how many LS episodes they're working on concurrently. If adding a month or 2 to each episode results in a month or 2 of improved quality and content...I'll take it.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

I'll take 3 - 4 months between episodes if it leads to better quality episodes with slightly more polish and content. We know there's 4 teams, what exactly those 4 teams are doing we don't know, so there's actually no way for us to know how many LS episodes they're working on concurrently. If adding a month or 2 to each episode results in a month or 2 of improved quality and content...I'll take it.

I'd take that too, if it guaranteed more quality and quantity. It should be communicated though, just like they did for LS3 after HoT. The initial reaction to that announcement would be negative but it would all turn around when new episodes with expansion-like features started dropping.

Currently there is no guarantee we are getting content that is noticeably different in quality or quantity though. And that weird limbo state we are in, when it comes to content delivery, aggravates things even more. It's something that precedes the layoffs, all throughout S4.