Function Gyro has less than 1000 health

Chaith.8256

I was streaming Scrapper PvP content today and I noticed when I downed the a warrior npc in the mists & summoned a function gyro down, the warrior one hit KO'd the gyro instantly

I was using a no toughness amulet and the warriors rocks were hitting for 980.

What are we supposed to do with this?

Can we address the elephant in the room that is a stealth 80% heath reduction for function gyro?

Added cast time*, Range reduction, adding a chance to miss with the skill, sacrificing an elite Toolbelt skill - these are okay but we need the Function Gyro to be usable.

Suggestion:

Function Gyro should be a well, lasting 5 seconds, and affected by well traits such as Gyroscopic Acceleration to increase the radius.

If that's too much, restoring the health to around 5k would be a 500% improvement.

Idk about poor health Chaith.8256 , but i have been seeing how the gyros auto explode at the first hit of a CC skill, even if you give the gyro stability, it's so fragile that a sniff would make the poor gyro malfunction XD

The only way to somehow get it stomp is to grant stealth to the gyro...

Aggree, function gyro is now limited to down any oponents that are simply not Aware of the existence of a function gyro. It became totally unreliable, also for rezzing, who Needs a function gyro that rezzes an ally for like 5% in 1 second before it is destroyed singlehandedly by any enemy Player

@"Light.6254" said:Cast time was nerfed too. Previously you could cast other skills while pressing F to res/stomp with Function Gyro, now it's a full commit to the cast only to see them die to cleave damage instantly.And that includes the aiming time (10 seconds when you completely loose track of the cursor) with a large chance to entirely miss.

I've dropped it "too fast" several times so that the downed is on the edge of the AoE, no gyro spawn.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Suggestion: give fonction gyro 1 hp and a breakbar. Give the "determined" buff to the fonction gyro when the breakbar is up. Thus, CC become the counter to the fonction gyro instead of damage.Would still make half the classes instakill it when downed.

I approve of renaming it to fonction gyro though.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Suggestion: give
fonction gyro
1 hp and a breakbar. Give the
"determined"
buff to the
fonction gyro
when the breakbar is up. Thus, CC become the counter to the
fonction gyro
instead of damage.Would still make half the classes instakill it when downed.

I think the CC bar would have to be large enough that downed skills couldn't kill it, but a nearby ally could.

@"Chaba.5410" said:Function Gyro has gone from being a class mechanic to being just another toolbelt skill. Now we're talking about skill/trait adjustments to it just like any other skill. Really no "elite spec" identity for Scrapper. Sad.

If I could choose not to have the current F5 function gyro and have the old F5 toolbelt skills back instead, I would 100% do it. It's so useless, the shortened range, lower health, and addition of a cast time really hurt it..

@Dawdler.8521 said:

fonction gyro
"determined"
buff to the
fonction gyro
fonction gyro

foncton gyru. It try. It die.

I doubt they keep metrics on this, but I would love to see the stats on number of players stomped with function gyro before and after the rework. It's probably dropped 75% or more since. Also, if anyone has ever managed to hit 2 or more targets with it, they deserve a medal.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

fonction gyro
"determined"
buff to the
fonction gyro
fonction gyro

I think the CC bar would have to be large enough that downed skills couldn't kill it, but a nearby ally could.

I disagree. The breakbar should be broken with one cc just like a player without stab would.

The better option is to increase the health so that the gyro behaves like a player, and the counter is still cc.

@Zex Anthon.8673 said:

fonction gyro
"determined"
buff to the
fonction gyro
fonction gyro

I disagree. The breakbar should be broken with one cc just like a player without stab would.

The better option is to increase the health so that the gyro behaves like a player, and the counter is still cc.

A breakbar wouldn't be compatible with the function gyro's trait that grants stability to itself

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Why does it even have health?It should be a well like all other gyros and not killlable.The counterplay should be to interuppt the scrapper casting it and react accordingly when you didn't manage to do so.Would have been more fun if it was a 1200 PBAoE well (half range when untraited) like all other gyros, that when popped make a max of 3+3 invoulnerable gyros that travel at medium speed from the player to the closest downed players.

Hell it would actually make it usable.

So never gonna happen.