Scourge or Reaper for pve? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Scourge or Reaper for pve?

Which one is best?

Comments

• Methuselah.4376Methuselah.4376 Member ✭✭✭

They're both good for PvE. Reaper offers more damage but is melee oriented while scourge can offer ranged pressure with cleave.

• @Methuselah.4376 said:
    They're both good for PvE. Reaper offers more damage but is melee oriented while scourge can offer ranged pressure with cleave.

Thx for the advice

• Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

What kind of PvE do you mean, though? In open world solo PvE, power-Reaper's burst and cleave takes trash mobs faster than other Necro builds but in a group Scourge has advantages in its flexibility.

• @Anchoku.8142 said:
    What kind of PvE do you mean, though? In open world solo PvE, power-Reaper's burst and cleave takes trash mobs faster than other Necro builds but in a group Scourge has advantages in its flexibility.

I'm talking fractals mainly.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019

in low end fractals, reaper for sure, but you may be better of with scourge in high end. In particular Healer Scourges. Barrier spam is easy mode, as well constant rezzing.

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭

I play both in PVE because If I have to wait for my pvp games to start, the least I can do Is do something in PVE
    Like farming currency needed for Astral weapon achievements

Reapers feels smoother in PVE and kills things faster and is tankier
    Though I use full power gear for reaper and condi/thoughness gear for scourge

• Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    in low end fractals, reaper for sure, but you may be better of with scourge in high end. In particular Healer Scourges. Barrier spam is easy mode, as well constant rezzing.

Scourge is also slow mode in fractals and you wont be accepted into any t4 cm group.

• EmmetOtter.8542EmmetOtter.8542 Member ✭✭✭

Do you prefer melee or range play?
    Melee- Reaper
    Range-Scourge

I personally prefer range dps play. And scourge brings so much personal utility and flexibility. It's awesome

• Ghostt.1293Ghostt.1293 Member ✭✭✭

make a poll and ask again
    and REAPER

• Lexi.1398Lexi.1398 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019

Open world: doesn't matter really, but reaper is simpler. Both can offer you protection in a pinch but scourge is a bit harder to do whereas you can always panicshroud as a reaper. Both have fantastic clearing ability, especially if you use epi as a condi scourge, but conditions take a bit to ramp up so power kills faster.

Fractals: in the same line as thought as we finish on in open world, due to the short nature of fractal encounters condi scourge is very niche whereas power reaper can immediately start off with high dps. Most of the time with fractals by the time a condi build ramps up enough conditions to start doing big damage the thing is already dead/about to die. This comes with the exception of heal scourge, which will give conditions but inherently isn't there to do damage, heal scourge provides barrier to protect their allies, in some fractals scourge is preferred over other healers.

Raids: depends on the encounter, lots of encounters prefer power damage to condi....HOWEVER. Condi scourge has a couple places where it gets unique roles in some encounters due 1. epidemic and 2. it can pretty much do all of it's dps at range. Heal scourge is also highly desired for a few bosses. Comparitively, reaper doesn't really have any special roles that only a reaper can take. That said, if you aren't that interested in raids to begin with then power reaper may be more appealing specifically due to its lack of special roles.

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019

I will give you the best answer in my opinion i can: boon corrupt can be useful for higher tier of fractals, because of fractal instability and enemies buffing themselves in higher tier.

Scourge provides higher amount so i suppose on higher tiers that would be pretty useful.

condi corrupt is also very very useful because of the opposite is used against players and you can turn those nasty condis into useful boons.

reaper has boon rips which is very useful and reaper is standing at 31k dps which is viable for fractals and raids.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• @Methuselah.4376 said:

This... It comes down to your preferred style of play. It has nothing to do with anything else but that when you are starting out. "Better" is a matter of opinion. Do what fits you best. I don't think you will need fractal/raid advice just yet.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.