Link Jade + Aurora Glade - language problem

Donn.9024

Hi,please ArenaNet I see two choice:1) required english in chats for combing servers2) don't link focusing for one language (except english)

I understand server focusing to one foreign state (Jade) and they want to speak in native lang. But we can't understand it! See screenshot. Full chat of france (map or team). We can beg Jade for english but they are ignoring it.

nspuaK2.png

@nomak.8693 said:We’re linked with a French server as well and hey do the exact same thing. And if you say something to them they go even more aggressive xD

Issue is, you guys scout in german or French and only half the server understands so only half responds and then moan when stuff is lost because the other half turned up late because they had no clue what you guys were saying (just saying that has happened before)

Being from AG, I have to say that Jade Sea appears to be the "non-English-speaking" server that cares the least to switch to English in map chat (or team chat) compared to other mixed language link-ups we had in the past.When AG was paired with a German server, my fellow countrymen tried to keep map chat in English to keep everyone involved.Be aware that I only make this observation about Jade Sea when it comes to map chat. If I whisper fellow roamers and scouts, I get a reply in English three out of four times.I am not sure whether it is "French arrogance", that many people assume or just the lack of confidence to speak English and the fear of embarrassing yourself in map chat for typing something wrong.

We had the same thing when linked with Drakkar Lake (Vabbi), chat/scouting was constantly in German then they complained that the Vabbi players never helped them with scouting/fights/reinforcements. They were even leading on Comms in German so... Each to their own i guess.

@"Gorani.7205" said:Being from AG, I have to say that Jade Sea appears to be the "non-English-speaking" server that cares the least to switch to English in map chat (or team chat) compared to other mixed language link-ups we had in the past.When AG was paired with a German server, my fellow countrymen tried to keep map chat in English to keep everyone involved.Be aware that I only make this observation about Jade Sea when it comes to map chat. If I whisper fellow roamers and scouts, I get a reply in English three out of four times.I am not sure whether it is "French arrogance", that many people assume or just the lack of confidence to speak English and the fear of embarrassing yourself in map chat for typing something wrong.About "french arogance" one more screen (see english part Lo Be N):Situation: our commander create public WvW tag with invite link to Discord (speaking english, optional to join). I only sent link discord invite link to squad chat. And this was response.KgUCedl.png

@Fish.2769 said:We had the same thing when linked with Drakkar Lake (Vabbi), chat/scouting was constantly in German then they complained that the Vabbi players never helped them with scouting/fights/reinforcements. They were even leading on Comms in German so... Each to their own i guess.

The good thing is that < Three Drakkar player = one mediocre roamer. >

Vabbi do not have enough players to babysit Drakkar players :)

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Linked with German server and they ain't too bad, get an out burst of german gibberish sometimes but it's mostly English.

They actually talk like villains from James bondSo its quite entertaining to Gear germans talk

Welche Schurken sprechen denn in James Bond deutsch ? Kannst du mir einen Youtube Link schicken, oder zumindest sagen in welchem der Filme deutsch gesprochen wird? :)

@Donn.9024 said:

@"Gorani.7205" said:Being from AG, I have to say that Jade Sea appears to be the "non-English-speaking" server that cares the least to switch to English in map chat (or team chat) compared to other mixed language link-ups we had in the past.When AG was paired with a German server, my fellow countrymen tried to keep map chat in English to keep everyone involved.Be aware that I only make this observation about Jade Sea when it comes to map chat. If I whisper fellow roamers and scouts, I get a reply in English three out of four times.I am not sure whether it is "French arrogance", that many people assume or just the lack of confidence to speak English and the fear of embarrassing yourself in map chat for typing something wrong.About
"french arogance"
one more screen (see english part
Lo Be N
):
Situation:
our commander create public WvW tag with invite link to Discord (speaking english, optional to join). I only sent link discord invite link to squad chat. And this was response.
KgUCedl.png

There is something funky with that french.

@Donn.9024 said:Hi,please ArenaNet I see two choice:1) required english in chats for combing servers2) don't link focusing for one language (except english)

Some of them don't even understand English. As many English speaking people don't understand French nor German, German who don't speak Russian, Ukrainian not knowing Polish, Spanish not speaking english too. There isn't enough place to talk about all combinations. That is Europe. That, is us.

3) language filtering on channel options should be activated separately on modes (PvP, WvW, PvE) and advertised enough

@Donn.9024 said:

@"Gorani.7205" said:Being from AG, I have to say that Jade Sea appears to be the "non-English-speaking" server that cares the least to switch to English in map chat (or team chat) compared to other mixed language link-ups we had in the past.When AG was paired with a German server, my fellow countrymen tried to keep map chat in English to keep everyone involved.Be aware that I only make this observation about Jade Sea when it comes to map chat. If I whisper fellow roamers and scouts, I get a reply in English three out of four times.I am not sure whether it is "French arrogance", that many people assume or just the lack of confidence to speak English and the fear of embarrassing yourself in map chat for typing something wrong.About
"french arogance"
Lo Be N
):
Situation:
our commander create public WvW tag with invite link to Discord (speaking english, optional to join). I only sent link discord invite link to squad chat. And this was response.
KgUCedl.png

THIS is not french ^^ So it's not a good example :p(i don't know what language it is)

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Linked with German server and they ain't too bad, get an out burst of german gibberish sometimes but it's mostly English.

They actually talk like villains from James bondSo its quite entertaining to Gear germans talk

Welche Schurken sprechen denn in James Bond deutsch ? Kannst du mir einen Youtube Link schicken, oder zumindest sagen in welchem der Filme deutsch gesprochen wird? :)

Naah dont botherIts the accent!

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:

"french arogance"
Lo Be N
):
Situation:
KgUCedl.png

THIS is not french ^^ So it's not a good example :p(i don't know what language it is)

It seems it is Czech^^ Nothing to do with french