This is actually the most build diversity I have seen ever! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

This is actually the most build diversity I have seen ever!

Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 4, 2019 in PVP

Sure there are still some outliers, but overall I have seen so many different builds actually working now! This is from a ~P1 perspective:

-Spellbreaker (might Dg/Sh GS)
-Core warrior horn/rifle
-Berzerker (seen it have less success but still see every now and then)
 
 
-Firebrand symbol hybrid
-Firebrand support
-Core guardian burst
-Core guardian burn
-DH (less success but still see it every now and then)

 
 
-Fire weaver
-Fresh air weaver
-Support tempest (Staff)
-Support tempest (dg/horn or dg/focus)
-Core ele staff burst (not as often but there are 2 people in P1 who run it consistently and win many matches)
 
 
-Blood scourage
-Cancer scourage
-Reaper (many different builds, some more success than others)
-Core necro
 
 
-Core ranger
-Boonbeast
-Power ranger SB
-Druid (less success but seen it ran both as hybrid support and node dueler)
 
 

-Unkillable metastatic cancer holo
-Protection holo
-Damage scrapper
 
 
 
-Sw/d - Sb core thief
-Sw/d Sb DD
-Cancer condi DD
-Burst DE
-Vault DD
(seen some Ps/Ps builds but not particularly impressed)

 
-Burst shiro/glint
-Condi mallyx/glint
(seen a few attempts at support renegade and/or ventari, but not been impressed so far)
 
 
-Cancer condi staff mirage
-Power shatter mirage
-Power shatter core
(seen some attempts to chrono, but not particularly impressed)

Overall thats 29 builds (not counting the ones with less success imo), which is quite a feat!

I'm sure I'm missing some, and there will never be an agreement on what are considered "worthy" builds in this meta, however, I'm just reporting what I have seen in this season after 600+ games in P1-P2. Honestly I'm having a blast knowing that every game is unlikely to be the same time after time.
 
 

Comments

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭

    @Fortus.6175 said:
    Sure there are still some outliers, but overall I have seen so many different builds actually working now! This is from a ~P1 perspective:

    -Spellbreaker (might Dg/Sh GS)
    -Core warrior horn/rifle
    -Berzerker (seen it have less success but still see every now and then)
     
     
    -Firebrand symbol hybrid
    -Firebrand support
    -Core guardian burst
    -Core guardian burn
    -DH (less success but still see it every now and then)

     
     
    -Fire weaver
    -Fresh air weaver
    -Support tempest (Staff)
    -Support tempest (dg/horn or dg/focus)
    -Core ele staff burst (not as often but there are 2 people in P1 who run it consistently and win many matches)
     
     
    -Blood scourage
    -Cancer scourage
    -Reaper (many different builds, some more success than others)
    -Core necro
     
     
    -Core ranger
    -Boonbeast
    -Power ranger SB
    -Druid (less success but seen it ran both as hybrid support and node dueler)
     
     

    -Unkillable metastatic cancer holo
    -Protection holo
    -Damage scrapper
     
     
     
    -Sw/d - Sb core thief
    -Sw/d Sb DD
    -Cancer condi DD
    -Burst DE
    -Vault DD
    (seen some Ps/Ps builds but not particularly impressed)

     
    -Burst shiro/glint
    -Condi mallyx/glint
    (seen a few attempts at support renegade and/or ventari, but not been impressed so far)
     
     
    -Cancer condi staff mirage
    -Power shatter mirage
    -Power shatter core
    (seen some attempts to chrono, but not particularly impressed)

    Overall thats 29 builds (not counting the ones with less success imo), which is quite a feat!

    I'm sure I'm missing some, and there will never be an agreement on what are considered "worthy" builds in this meta, however, I'm just reporting what I have seen in this season after 600+ games in P1-P2. Honestly I'm having a blast knowing that every game is unlikely to be the same time after time.
     
     

    I fully agree, oftentimes I see each team have compleatly different builds, and 1 of each class.
    there are still some games with 3-5 thiefs, 3-5holo 2-4warriors or 2-4mirages but for the most part its evened out.

  • aelska.4609aelska.4609 Member ✭✭✭

    It's not because there are lot of different builds that it's a healthy pvp :( But it sures is better than having only 1 build with the same state of cancer :D

  • Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

    @MyPuppy.8970 said:
    I also feel people are more comfortable with playing with whatever they want. There is less meta dictatorship. That is a good thing. It's even common to have 2 thieves in each team without anyone saying "one thief reroll". Of course whenever you lose, the offmeta builds are the first ones to get the blames.

    I have been on the receiving end of that when I play tempest or DH.

    As of late I have been playing almost exclusively core guard and core warrior, and what I'm most impressed about, is that Anet actually has made some core builds viable (some by buffing them, some by nerfing what countered them).

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fortus.6175 said:
    -Damage scrapper

    Sure that's not just me?

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Fortus.6175 said:
    -Damage scrapper

    Sure that's not just me?

    Could be, there is also Cuilan. If you played damage scrapper today a few hours ago then it might have been you.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fortus.6175 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Fortus.6175 said:
    -Damage scrapper

    Sure that's not just me?

    Could be, there is also Cuilan. If you played damage scrapper today a few hours ago then it might have been you.

    Ah yeah, definitely not me then.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I main fa ele. But have yet to try anything out on it. I don't think the changes to ele was that substantial compared to other profressions. Specially to fa play style.
    However I have been doing warrior supportshout sw/w-burn bow and having some fun with that. Successful? I'm only gold3. This game is so dependant on team mates but team play is discouraged. No mic support and no 5man TEAM que. When 4 people go far and I watch as 2 enemys go to our home. I ping the map I talk in team chat. But all 4 die at far. What am I supposed to do? Like my team mates? Approve of there decisions while I get pumalde and outnumbered hard as there all on respawn. This happens way to often to the point I don't solo que anymore at all. I either partner up to play this TEAM based game properly or not at all.
    This game has so much potential. Gw1 was coordinated af. This should be as well. Gezz this turned into something different.sorry.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    long live bunker rev lol

    Te lazla otstra.

  • Ouk.5914Ouk.5914 Member ✭✭✭

    more then 80% of those specs are completely kitten and useless for conquest. They'll do more harm to the team then help.

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ouk.5914 said:
    more then 80% of those specs are completely kitten and useless for conquest. They'll do more harm to the team then help.

    guess we will just have to keep nerfing metas then...and necros

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • Ouk.5914Ouk.5914 Member ✭✭✭

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:

    @Ouk.5914 said:
    more then 80% of those specs are completely kitten and useless for conquest. They'll do more harm to the team then help.

    guess we will just have to keep nerfing metas then...and necros

    or.... maybe instead of just "nerfing" we bring those other specs/classes inline with the others? Just maybe?

  • Exedore.6320Exedore.6320 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ouk.5914 said:
    or.... maybe instead of just "nerfing" we bring those other specs/classes inline with the others? Just maybe?

    The power creep / arms race approach to balance never ends up working. It's how GW2 got to its current state.

  • ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yo I sort of agree but honestly who is using horn/rifle core warrior? Sounds like a nice way to get farmed.

  • This is actually the most build diversity I have seen ever ? NO

  • Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Yo I sort of agree but honestly who is using horn/rifle core warrior? Sounds like a nice way to get farmed.

    Working for me:

     
     
     

    This is from last night. There were games with 3 core warriors running this in the same game. I know of at least 4 distinct players beside me who also use (in fact, i only started playing it because I was getting owned by them).

  • Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

    Like I said, I'm just reporting what I'm seeing and the success it is having in P1-P2 matches, not going into whether these builds are good or not. No one will EVER agree on whats good and whats not, mostly because of their personal experiences with 1-2 bad/good players playing these classes you dont see often. But I have been playing PvP nonstop these past few days since I'm having a IRL break, and the amount of diversity is astonishing tbh. (seriously, vigorously penetrate holos, condi thieves and condi mesmers with a cactus where the sun doesnt hit)

  • ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fortus.6175 said:

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Yo I sort of agree but honestly who is using horn/rifle core warrior? Sounds like a nice way to get farmed.

    Working for me:

     
     
     

    This is from last night. There were games with 3 core warriors running this in the same game. I know of at least 4 distinct players beside me who also use (in fact, i only started playing it because I was getting owned by them).

    Interesting, but isn’t it just a one trick pony? If killshot misses?

  • Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

    @Fortus.6175 said:

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    Yo I sort of agree but honestly who is using horn/rifle core warrior? Sounds like a nice way to get farmed.

    Working for me:

     
     
     

    This is from last night. There were games with 3 core warriors running this in the same game. I know of at least 4 distinct players beside me who also use (in fact, i only started playing it because I was getting owned by them).

    Interesting, but isn’t it just a one trick pony? If killshot misses?

    The rifle is the afterthought, you wil spend about 20-30% of the time in rifle, the rest in one-handed weapon of choice/horn. Make no mistake, you are a support using marauder/demolisher, you go on rifle if you get a chance to finish someone off, hopefully you can set it up with horn 4 before that.

  • Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    long live bunker rev lol

    I honestly haven't seen it have much success being something other than a meatball who can only eat damage if the enemy team decides to focus him first for whatever reason.

    Maybe you can share your build/screenshot/people playing it successfully/video or idk so i can form a more informed opinion on it, because I rarely come across it and when I do, they perch at our home, but my team [mostly] plays far and mid then, since it is a 4v5 everywhere else.

  • Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So many classes and builds. All the same playstyle.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2019

    @Fortus.6175 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    long live bunker rev lol

    I honestly haven't seen it have much success being something other than a meatball who can only eat damage if the enemy team decides to focus him first for whatever reason.

    Maybe you can share your build/screenshot/people playing it successfully/video or idk so i can form a more informed opinion on it, because I rarely come across it and when I do, they perch at our home, but my team [mostly] plays far and mid then, since it is a 4v5 everywhere else.

    I don't have a working build its just fun to play. the new salvation trait line is pretty kitten stronk.

    Te lazla otstra.

  • Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭

    If only most builds were not cheese that hits multiple times under 1 second condi or power while you are channeling 3/4 ability. They really should reduce the speed of the game cause it is no longer about being careful what the other guy would do and you to react, it is all about who has the better quick draw . I would like the game to be more like fighting game than a wild west shooter.

  • Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2019

    @Vancho.8750 said:
    If only most builds were not cheese that hits multiple times under 1 second condi or power while you are channeling 3/4 ability. They really should reduce the speed of the game cause it is no longer about being careful what the other guy would do and you to react, it is all about who has the better quick draw . I would like the game to be more like fighting game than a wild west shooter.

    I certainly understand the feeling, specially vs holo, condi thieves and condi mirage, where you are barely given a chance to retaliate since all of them can engage/disengage at will, and have several tools to make you hit them for less damage (Weakness is an awful condi for power builds) while overloading you with damage condis, CC condis, cover condis and a few hard CC in the middle (that often is unblockable or comes up ridiculously quickly).

    That's why I'm mostly playing burn guard, support warrior or support tempest; I figured, if I can negate those things from the enemy team, then maybe I can give my team a chance to fight back.

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    I don't have a working build its just fun to play. the new salvation trait line is pretty kitten stronk.

    Hey man, at the end of the day is all about having fun! I'm support player at heart, literally almost every build I play has mid-to-high level of support built in, which is why I have tried ventari rev for a while but no success, and neither have I seen others succeed either.

  • Doto.6357Doto.6357 Member ✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    @Fortus.6175 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    long live bunker rev lol

    I honestly haven't seen it have much success being something other than a meatball who can only eat damage if the enemy team decides to focus him first for whatever reason.

    Maybe you can share your build/screenshot/people playing it successfully/video or idk so i can form a more informed opinion on it, because I rarely come across it and when I do, they perch at our home, but my team [mostly] plays far and mid then, since it is a 4v5 everywhere else.

    I don't have a working build its just fun to play. the new salvation trait line is pretty kitten stronk.

    Ventari/jalis invocation/retribution/salvation is pretty tanky. It doesn’t do damage though and you have to be good with with tablet.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019

    -Spellbreaker (might Dg/Sh GS)
    -Core warrior horn/rifle Not viable
    -Berzerker (seen it have less success but still see every now and then) Not viable

    -Firebrand symbol hybrid
    -Firebrand support
    -Core guardian burst Not viable
    -Core guardian burn Not viable
    -DH (less success but still see it every now and then) mediocre

    -Fire weaver
    -Fresh air weaver mediocre
    -Support tempest (Staff) Not viable
    -Support tempest (dg/horn or dg/focus) Not viable
    -Core ele staff burst (not as often but there are 2 people in P1 who run it consistently and win many matches) Not viable

    -Blood scourage
    -Cancer scourage Not viable
    -Reaper (many different builds, some more success than others) mediocre
    -Core necro

    -Core ranger Not viable
    -Boonbeast mediocre
    -Power ranger SB
    -Druid (less success but seen it ran both as hybrid support and node dueler) Not viable

    -Unkillable metastatic cancer holo
    -Protection holo
    -Damage scrapper mediocre

    -Sw/d - Sb core thief
    -Sw/d Sb DD Not viable
    -Cancer condi DD
    -Burst DE
    -Vault DD mediocre
    (seen some Ps/Ps builds but not particularly impressed)

    -Burst shiro/glint
    -Condi mallyx/glint Not viable
    (seen a few attempts at support renegade and/or ventari, but not been impressed so far) Not viable

    -Cancer condi staff mirage mediocre
    -Power shatter mirage Not viable
    -Power shatter core Not viable

    I corrected for you @Fortus.6175 . If it is not at least a B tier build; meaning you can play it in P2-P3 and be effective, it is not a valid build. Any experienced player can take a tier C build to P1. That is not measure of anything.

    We have less than 10 competitive builds.

    I think Trevor said it best:

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    I don't want to burst everyone's bubble, however…

    I think maybe a big reason why we are seeing such diverse build representation isn't because of actual viable diversity, but rather because the population is lower now. 1600s are now seeing 1300s and 1200s in games nowadays. Which of course means those 1600s are going to start seeing things like DHs, and Condi Druids, and Berserkers with rifles, ect ect.

    When you join ATs with a 1600 team and go against another 1600 team, you don't see DHs or Condi Druids or Berserkers with rifles.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Honestly, I think fewer people give a kitten, so they're more willing to experiment.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019

    The variety never truly changed, people always play whatever they want.
    It doesn't matter anyway, with the way pvp keeps deteriorating.

    It just seems more obvious now, since Scourge finally lost their overtune and are seen less.

  • KryTiKaL.3125KryTiKaL.3125 Member ✭✭✭

    You ever stop to think that maybe its because ANet has just been deciding to double down on the power creep trend on purpose and is now just power creeping obscure builds and traits?

    "If everything is power crept...then everything is balanced!" seems to be the logic being applied here.

    ANet is increasing or expanding the amount of boons across all classes, just like what they've recently done with Warrior and its Tactics trait line with the Might generation and uptime. So rather than toning things down, y'know like they should be...they are instead just ramping it up on other classes. Yeah. Great. Because people loved when damage in WoW got into the millions.

  • I saw OP uses burn guardian with weird build and warhorn warrior at gold division.
    Yes,You can use any builds and play just for the fun. Mostly You will lose but it doesn't matter for you right?

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @pukish.5784 said:
    I saw OP uses burn guardian with weird build and warhorn warrior at gold division.
    Yes,You can use any builds and play just for the fun. Mostly You will lose but it doesn't matter for you right?

    Some would say it doesn't matter at all.

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    Some would say it doesn't matter at all.

    thats deep, crab.

    Te lazla otstra.

  • @Crab Fear.1624 said:

    @pukish.5784 said:
    I saw OP uses burn guardian with weird build and warhorn warrior at gold division.
    Yes,You can use any builds and play just for the fun. Mostly You will lose but it doesn't matter for you right?

    Some would say it doesn't matter at all.

    This is true, it really doesn't. At this point we kind of know anet isn't going to give us what we want. You can either quit or keep playing if you still find fun in it, may as well not be depressing about it. Low population this, low population that, it's not anything we can affect (unless you want to try getting more people to play by not ragging on it 24/7). If us complaining on the forums worked, the game mode would be perfect by now, we do enough of it.

  • Dantheman.3589Dantheman.3589 Member ✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019

    @otto.5684 said:
    -Spellbreaker (might Dg/Sh GS)
    -Core warrior horn/rifle Not viable
    -Berzerker (seen it have less success but still see every now and then) Not viable


    -Firebrand symbol hybrid
    -Firebrand support
    -Core guardian burst Not viable
    -Core guardian burn Not viable
    -DH (less success but still see it every now and then) mediocre



    -Fire weaver
    -Fresh air weaver mediocre
    -Support tempest (Staff) Not viable
    -Support tempest (dg/horn or dg/focus) Not viable
    -Core ele staff burst (not as often but there are 2 people in P1 who run it consistently and win many matches) Not viable


    -Blood scourage
    -Cancer scourage Not viable
    -Reaper (many different builds, some more success than others) mediocre
    -Core necro


    -Core ranger Not viable
    -Boonbeast mediocre
    -Power ranger SB
    -Druid (less success but seen it ran both as hybrid support and node dueler) Not viable

    -Unkillable metastatic cancer holo
    -Protection holo
    -Damage scrapper mediocre



    -Sw/d - Sb core thief
    -Sw/d Sb DD Not viable
    -Cancer condi DD
    -Burst DE
    -Vault DD mediocre
    (seen some Ps/Ps builds but not particularly impressed)


    -Burst shiro/glint
    -Condi mallyx/glint Not viable
    (seen a few attempts at support renegade and/or ventari, but not been impressed so far) Not viable


    -Cancer condi staff mirage mediocre
    -Power shatter mirage Not viable
    -Power shatter core Not viable

    I corrected for you @Fortus.6175 . If it is not at least a B tier build; meaning you can play it in P2-P3 and be effective, it is not a valid build. Any experienced player can take a tier C build to P1. That is not measure of anything.

    We have less than 10 competitive builds.

    I think Trevor said it best:

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    I don't want to burst everyone's bubble, however…

    I think maybe a big reason why we are seeing such diverse build representation isn't because of actual viable diversity, but rather because the population is lower now. 1600s are now seeing 1300s and 1200s in games nowadays. Which of course means those 1600s are going to start seeing things like DHs, and Condi Druids, and Berserkers with rifles, ect ect.

    When you join ATs with a 1600 team and go against another 1600 team, you don't see DHs or Condi Druids or Berserkers with rifles.

    Lol core war, core guard, tempest, core ranger condi rev and power mirage are all very viable and staff d/d and condi mirage are meta. You might not see all in ats a lot but I would much rather have a plat2 player on those than a gold player on a meta build and this is coming from someone who wins dATs pretty much 1-2 times a day.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.