Wvw what happened?

Psycoprophet.8107

U used to live in wvw but after mounts were added took a break to finally try out conquest. I returned last night (a Saturday night) and ran around the EB for half hr and saw one enemy blob of about 30 players and a small group of 5 from my server northern shiverpeaks lol. I left cuz nothing to do but kill npc's or try and fight blob of 30 solo lmao. Is their more popular maps now or wvw really this dead?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:U used to live in wvw but after mounts were added took a break to finally try out conquest. I returned last night (a Saturday night) and ran around the EB for half hr and saw one enemy blob of about 30 players and a small group of 5 from my server northern shiverpeaks lol. I left cuz nothing to do but kill npc's or try and fight blob of 30 solo lmao. Is their more popular maps now or wvw really this dead?

A lot of guilds left WvW within the past month and many more are leaving within a week. ArenaNet had a presentation with 30k viewers. They declined to tell us about WvW's future. The host asked a question about WvW and the developers were not permitted to answer it. After that the VP of marketing took the stage and tried to sell us a bunch of GW2 dolls, shirts and toys. When asked about the living story they were more willing to comply as they are allowed too. Management in ArenaNet makes it forbidden for their developers to answer questions about WvW and PvP.

In response the WvW community got frustrated and angry since we've been the community that has been waiting for 4 years for a reason to be competitive and a reason to win match-ups. The second reason, Arena's main focus is PvE now. Their PvE team is 10 times that of their WvW and sPvP teams combined. After hearing that we've decided that the best thing to do was to leave the game.

Our goals do not coincide with ArenaNet's goals. ArenaNet has awesome developers, but they lack the management and principles to maintain a competitive mode.

There is no reward for winning a fight or match-up. Capturing objectives yield essentially nothing, as karma is the worst of currencies and the gain is so minimal that you're better off playing PvP. Their biggest mistake was not continuing WvW seasons and improving upon it. WvW seasons would be perfect with the current structure of WvW. Awarding all 3 servers for participating and winning the match-up. 1st 100%/2nd 50%/3rd 25% as a rewards split would give people something to fight for while also rewarding the servers participating for their efforts.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Little effort? Half hr travelling the whole map to find nothing but emptiness is little effort lmao ok gues shoulda wasted a full hr then lmao? Calm ur nerves not like I was personally insulting u in my post lol.

Don't worry about that comment. In few weeks, guilds are leaving WvW and this game. WvW is no longer supported by Anet.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:U used to live in wvw but after mounts were added took a break to finally try out conquest. I returned last night (a Saturday night) and ran around the EB for half hr and saw one enemy blob of about 30 players and a small group of 5 from my server northern shiverpeaks lol. I left cuz nothing to do but kill npc's or try and fight blob of 30 solo lmao. Is their more popular maps now or wvw really this dead?

There was multiple tags in green and red bl last night, EBG wasn't making any callouts. We had a few hours of great fights.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

There was multiple tags in green and red bl last night, EBG wasn't making any callouts. We had a few hours of great fights.

Guess I missed it unfortunately. To all those who play wvw and for some reason feel insulted by me asking if the reason the map i used to play on was so dead im sry it somehow seemed like a personal hit against u. I just noticed the population was vastly lower than when I played frequently not so long ago and was just wondering. There was no reason to read the post if it was an inconvenience for u :)

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Guess I missed it unfortunately. To all those who play wvw and for some reason feel insulted by me asking if the reason the map i used to play on was so dead im sry it somehow seemed like a personal hit against u. I just noticed the population was vastly lower than when I played frequently not so long ago and was just wondering. There was no reason to read the post if it was an inconvenience for u :)

We don't have fantastic coverage/population, thus T4 for so long. What population there is NA prime is usually on the map getting double teamed.

@ChronosCosmos.9450 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Little effort? Half hr travelling the whole map to find nothing but emptiness is little effort lmao ok gues shoulda wasted a full hr then lmao? Calm ur nerves not like I was personally insulting u in my post lol.

Don't worry about that comment. In few weeks, guilds are leaving WvW and this game. WvW is no longer supported by Anet.

Can you stop speaking for everyone, please?

why you leave? :/ we got a good link and farmed greens and blue today.

anyway if you play 12pm server time onwards, find me. my slayers xd group runs on that time, and maybe you'll have fun playing with us =)

New wvw, 12 servers with links, running around map hopping looking for something to fight cause the one zerg on each side is busy constantly hopping maps to sneak undefended objectives.Old wvw, 24 single servers, multiple guilds, multiple zergs, on multiple maps with multiple queues in prime time, playing on the same map for 2+ hours cause they didn't need to run around 4 maps looking for enemies.But hey, everything is fine according to one eye witness getting action defending a keep on a borderland every 30 mins, guilds not leaving they just hiding in their private tags now, and even if they were, who cares they'll just get replaced!

@XenesisII.1540 said:New wvw, 12 servers with links, running around map hopping looking for something to fight cause the one zerg on each side is busy constantly hopping maps to sneak undefended objectives.Old wvw, 24 single servers, multiple guilds, multiple zergs, on multiple maps with multiple queues in prime time, playing on the same map for 2+ hours cause they didn't need to run around 4 maps looking for enemies.But hey, everything is fine according to one eye witness getting action defending a keep on a borderland every 30 mins, guilds not leaving they just hiding in their private tags now, and even if they were, who cares they'll just get replaced!

You mean old wvw before eotm sucked away all the casual players that used to form many of those guilds? Sounds like it.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:New wvw, 12 servers with links, running around map hopping looking for something to fight cause the one zerg on each side is busy constantly hopping maps to sneak undefended objectives.Old wvw, 24 single servers, multiple guilds, multiple zergs, on multiple maps with multiple queues in prime time, playing on the same map for 2+ hours cause they didn't need to run around 4 maps looking for enemies.But hey, everything is fine according to one eye witness getting action defending a keep on a borderland every 30 mins, guilds not leaving they just hiding in their private tags now, and even if they were, who cares they'll just get replaced!

Yeah lets pretend back in the day was perfect. Def no completely dominated servers who owned nothing at all ever and even the competitive servers Friday was a nobody defends everything k-train. Or are you talking back back in the day where you had to pay for upgrades and some guild like ruin owned every single objective 24/7 and you could spend all day afk walking yaks to level to 80. I a kitten better witness then the dude who logged in once in 3 months but hey everyone's experience varies esp if you are clueless on how to find action or play at the wrong time. Nothings fine now nor then but at least play(not u the op) before making another sky is falling thread.

Play 'at the wrong time'? He was comparing two similar times for his play time. Months ago it was busy, this time he couldn't find anything much at all. It's noticable on most servers by almost everyone except a few pony riders that the population is, in general, shrinking.

It used to be a lot busier outside of the ever smaller 'prime' times- now outside of the 'prime time' of 6-10pm on my server you'll struggle to find anyone in any sort of organised group except on Friday and Saturday nights. Even Sunday nights are very quiet compared to last year, with typically each server holding most or all of their own maps and just a few roamers around flipping maps or 3-5 people trying to flip a tower.

Population metrics are probably very unreliable as a lot of people will stand their toons in wvw and every ten minutes or so pop out, flip a guard or something then back to town and stand around. can even be a queue for a map at busy times then when you get in the comm has at best 20 on tag, maybe ten more following not in squad.

Seeing as how you been away they have implemented Invisible tags so if a guild is running you will not see it another explanation

@cobbah.3102 said:

@cobbah.3102 said:hmm ran around EB for half an hour , do you know there is 3 other borders? costs nothing to wp to them. Guilds come and go also its no big deal.

lol, is he not allowed to comment on ebg though?He was doing an apples to apples comparison. Good lordNo mention of apples anywhere in that comment

Hey Drax!S49U6ZZ.gif

• Sparkles and Rainbows.