Am I doing something wrong?

@Ubi.4136 said:Possible it was maybe changed and they overlooked telling us.Did you try separating the stacks and just putting what the recipe calls for into the forge?Also, try changing the order you put the items in, sometimes it is unhappy with the order they are put in the forge?

I did try that.For some reason the forge wasn't identifying the dust and the cores as interactable.I logged out and in again and it worked.Literally had to turn off the toilet and turn it back on.

@TigStripe.2379 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:Possible it was maybe changed and they overlooked telling us.Did you try separating the stacks and just putting what the recipe calls for into the forge?Also, try changing the order you put the items in, sometimes it is unhappy with the order they are put in the forge?

I did try that.For some reason the forge wasn't identifying the dust and the cores as interactable.I logged out and in again and it worked.Literally had to turn off the toilet and turn it back on.

Sometimes it glitches and you have to reset what you put in there or relog. I suspect no one flushed it properly before you used it and an elder log was still in the mystic pipes

Its a quirk of the UI when it checks for valid combinations, where sometimes the crawling process hits a dead end, or can't filter fast enough, and thinks the recipe is invalid, despite it being correct. Some specific orders do have broken links internally, and other times it gets stuck due to the player being faster then the filter check. In the former case you have to reset and change the order and it should work. In the latter case unloading an item or resetting it clears it up.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Sometimes it glitches and you have to reset what you put in there or relog. I suspect no one flushed it properly before you used it and an elder log was still in the mystic pipes

Okay, I about spit out my drink when I read that. Thanks! That was a fun moment in a rough day :)