Which weapon should Necromancer get with their next Elite Spec?

Lahmia.2193

I must say my favorite are

Twin swords (power melee) : so Necro has a non-sluggish equivalent to the greatsword.(Assuming a MH dagger auto is reworked into a condi melee)

Longbow (power range) : so Necro has a ST range weapon(Assuming staff auto is reworked into a condi range)

Rifle or P/P would be strange, but why not if the bullets are made of bone shards and imbued with magic.

I don't want a hammer because we already have greatsword as a slow melee weapon. Same for maces.And shield would likely be useless or gimmicky.

Everyone knows my choice already being Shield. I just love the nostalgic feel of a necromancer with a shield since my first experience with a necromancer was a minion master from Diablo II. So the ability to summon a bone wall or bone armor and changing my shroud to a minion summoning mechanic sounds like so much fun to me. Shield just fits that theme so well.

This isn't to say I don't like other weapons.

Sword: I do like the idea of having a sword on a vampiric elite. I feel it would be fitting, elegant, as well as nice to have a melee condi weapon which the necromancer lacks. Funnily enough, necromancer doesn't have very many main hand condi weapons. They have a lot of off hand condi weapons, but main hand we have scepter and kinda sorta staff. No melee in that. So that would be nice.

Mace: Mace is a traditional cleric weapon. And a good one that could fit the necromancer's theme as a dark cleric. This too could be a condi weapon, although ot doesn't really have to be.

Longbow: One thing I want to see from longbow. Rain of gore! Blood spikes raining from the sky to skewer the foes! Idk, it just sounds metal as kittens!

The others I'm honestly not too keen on. Short bow would be fine, but getting Axe/sword off hands would be kinda boring, Rifle/pistol don't really fit(i'm willing to be proven wrong), and hammer is just a really weird choice which sounds like a meme pick to me.

• 7 months later...

I'd like to get a balance patch for all the current weapons first honestly. Give every weapon its own niche first, then we could talk about new weapons for necro. But i would like hammer a lot. it's very interesting what they did with scrapper, gave hammer a real personality. I am curious what they could do with a necro hammer.

If we look at the E-Specs we have... Reaper is Power DPS. Scourge is Condi/Support. It's likely that the next E-Spec will be a Tanky/Bruiser spec.

Shield is probably the most likely thing, given Jhavi... However Mace/Mace could be a thing.

Imagine, bopping things over the head with maces, inflicting Confusion. Whilst also having Shroud skills that make you tankier and give Retaliation.

Could be fun in WvW/PvE just wading into groups of enemies, taunting them all to attack you and having things die because they're hitting you and taking damage from all the Confusion and Retaliation procs, which fuels your Shroud making you even stronger! (Until it gets nerfed to heck because of WvW)

@silent killer.5732 said:We need blocks kitten and maybe a proper healing specDude they took the name of the necromancer but nothing else. A necro should get access to bringing dead to life but none of that is happening.

The necro should be offensive and defensive juggernaut but this honor has Been given to The guardian

Highly doubt that necro will get a healing spec, scourge is filling the healing support role for necromancer, they just replaced actual healing with barrier instead.

Blocks I can see happening, tho.

&> @Kodama.6453 said:

@silent killer.5732 said:We need blocks kitten and maybe a proper healing specDude they took the name of the necromancer but nothing else. A necro should get access to bringing dead to life but none of that is happening.

The necro should be offensive and defensive juggernaut but this honor has Been given to The guardian

Highly doubt that necro will get a healing spec, scourge is filling the healing support role for necromancer, they just replaced actual healing with barrier instead.

Barriers can never replace the actual healing porpoise. For now the most scourge can be is a secondary healer at best

@"silent killer.5732" said:

Barriers can never replace the actual healing porpoise. For now the most scourge can be is a secondary healer at best

I don't think this is really true. At least strike missions, I have done several of them with "just" scourges as healers.The main difference between barrier and healing is just that barrier is proactive while healing is reactive.

In other words: a hsc needs to know the encounter well and has to know when they have to apply barrier to their team to buffer an incoming attack. As long as you know what you are doing, you can definitely replace a healer with barrier application.

Main reason why scourge is not such a popular healer compared to others like druid or firebrand is that these other classes bring buffs and boons which are more beneficial. Like how druids can give the effects of spotter and frost spirit or firebrand can provide quickness for their team.

@silent killer.5732 said:&> @Kodama.6453 said:

Necro already has a healing spec; barriers and Blood Magic is enough. Granted, Scourge will never replace a real healer but when things go sideways and the group or squad fails despite a healer a Heal-Scourge is the right support.

Necro has no true boon-share or mobility spec. That is the opportunity I see.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"silent killer.5732" said:

I don't think this is really true. At least strike missions, I have done several of them with "just" scourges as healers.The main difference between barrier and healing is just that barrier is proactive while healing is reactive.

In other words: a hsc needs to know the encounter well and has to know when they have to apply barrier to their team to buffer an incoming attack. As long as you know what you are doing, you can definitely replace a healer with barrier application.

Main reason why scourge is not such a popular healer compared to others like druid or firebrand is that these other classes bring buffs and boons which are more beneficial. Like how druids can give the effects of spotter and frost spirit or firebrand can provide quickness for their team.

To tell you the truth I have never consider having full geared healer so I can’t confirm what you said and I found it not worth trying since hsc is not any where near as popular as the other two types of healers

But being relevant in strikes is still not good enough for usWe want to be something in the raids

@silent killer.5732 said:

To tell you the truth I have never consider having full geared healer so I can’t confirm what you said and I found it not worth trying since hsc is not any where near as popular as the other two types of healers

But being relevant in strikes is still not good enough for usWe want to be something in the raids

The very same I said applies to raids, too.Hsc takes more skill from the player than other healers, because you have to know the timing in each raid exactly while other healers like druid can just heal the damage that is already done back up.

You definitely are able to replace a healer for a squad, but it's harder to execute.

@sorudo.9054 said:I vote for longbow, mainly because i already designed-ish an elite spec for it.

BansheeThe banshee allows the necro to shoot dark arrows that damages and controls the enemies, some attacks do AoE control while others do single moderate DPS.The healing skill leaches from enemies while they attack and when they remove this condition it heals straight away, making sure the banshee can continue on plaguing the enemy.

The utility skills are based on minions, not the flesh kind but the spirit and bone kind:Summoned cursed screamer - attacks from the screamer lowers the overall damage from targets, there secondary attack allows them to copy an enemy's body and mimics the weapon it holds. (with a target that holds a non-player weapon it has a wand at default and turns necro)Army of the dead - raise 3-5 skeletons (depending on power) who wield a sword and a shield (based on warrior), the secondary attack puts them on a frenzy, giving them quickness.Blood of the master - sacrifice 25% of your health and fully restore your minions.

I wanted a new elite minion that allows a ranged necro to take full advantage of it's long range without invalidating the fleshgolem:elite plagued spirit horror - every attack of the horror immobilizes enemies in range (immune enemies are crippled or slowed, depending on how it's immune works), it's second attack allows the horror to cast fear and damages the enemies while they flee. (immune enemies are vulnerable)

i was thinking of a shroud that allows the banshee to target enemies like you see in some of the shooter games with target rockets, you target multiple enemies and when you let go they are attacked all at ones.

Same here. And give me some of that 2400 range goodness. Plus a port (fire arrow - AOE - ports to location). That would be nice :)